Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I haven't watched this since they were new, but i have pretty fond memories of it. It was also one if if not the first thing i ever saw with fansubs.

Now's as good a time as any to re-visit it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Also need Yuki bopping the cat with her wand.

Made me laugh out loud all over again.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Watching episode 00 and 01 back to back made me realise that both are filled with dramatic close ups, shots of scenery/sky, pans and zooms. And yet they couldn't be more different.

I'm looking forward to seeing the student film episode of Hyouka again just to compare it with the Adventures of Mikuru-chan.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I've been using the one on the Haruhi wiki. http://haruhi.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Episodes

Of course there's a Haruhi wiki. Probably full of spoilers if that's a thing you want to avoid don't click around on it i guess.

I do kinda miss the previews which went something like: "Next time on the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Episode Four: Episode 7"

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

AnacondaHL posted:

There was some sub group that translated the cat's lines perfectly, and is what made me initially fall in love with the show. Something like "Why don't you just use your magic? You could easily subjugate the boy. Based on my observations, you have the ability to do just th-"

Almost positive that's AFKs version.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

littleorv posted:

Holy poo poo the cat talked.

that was ventriloquism :geno:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Thank you for catbonk.gif :3:

E: it's the ears that make it go from good to fantastic.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Yeah on a rewatch there are just so many little things in that episode.

Not necessarily related but, Yuki is my favorite.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Command Ant posted:

Yuki's happy little library walk. :allears:

Yuki is the best.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

In Training posted:

Lol you would wear a T-shirt that says Anime Death Tentacle Rape Wearhouse on it. Nobody on the planet who saw it would know though, that's cool.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Ferretts posted:

I always thought it was a Whorehouse.

It is/was but Warehouse is definitely funnier.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/dictionary.php?act=3&topicid=151

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Sakurazuka posted:

I missed the whole Endless Eight thing, did they actually re-animated every episode or just like air the same one eight times?

New animation and new takes of the same script iirc

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Dave's Haruhi's not here man

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Is that from Candy Pop? It reminded me it exists anyway!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1PFmLKBSWw

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Was that put together by the same person/people? Its style is definitely similar and is also pretty drat good.

a kitten fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Aug 25, 2015

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

that's what she changed! :aaa:

no, actually I've always been confused too.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Man who had this one as an avatar?

Text was like:
"Hey guys, what's going on in this thr-- "

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

That was a very good avatar!

• Locked thread