Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Finally, a simulwatch I can get behind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

idk much about simulwatches though, and hope that my friend in training accounts for the time difference because I don't want to have to react to anims at 2AM

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

You're in broadcast order if The Adventures of Mikuru Asahina Episode 00 is episode 1, you're in the objectively incorrect order if The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Part One is the first ep you watch.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

littleorv posted:

As a NEET for another month 2AM is the ideal time for me.

I'm a nurse so I don't have that luxury :(

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

In Training posted:

This is how our friends overseas have gotten by

My good reactions deserve more than mere spoiler blocks and I demand you accommodate me

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Watch the simulwatch and find out for yourself

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

ponytails are powerful

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I believe you~

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Boradcast order, fyi

"The Adventures of Mikuru Asahina Episode 00"

"The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Part One"

"The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Part Two"

"The Boredom of Haruhi Suzumiya"

"The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Part Three"

"Remote Island Syndrome (Part One)"

"Mystérique Sign"

"Remote Island Syndrome (Part Two)"

"Someday in the Rain"

"The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Part Four"

"The Day of Sagittarius"

"Live Alive"

"The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Part Five"

"The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Part Six"

"Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody"

"Endless Eight"

"Endless Eight"

"Endless Eight"

"Endless Eight"

"Endless Eight"

"Endless Eight"

"Endless Eight"

"Endless Eight"

"The Sigh of Haruhi Suzumiya Part One"

"The Sigh of Haruhi Suzumiya Part Two"

"The Sigh of Haruhi Suzumiya Part Three"

"The Sigh of Haruhi Suzumiya Part Four"

"The Sigh of Haruhi Suzumiya Part Five"

The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya (aka the movie)

Namtab fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Aug 13, 2015

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Endless eight should be tagged as season 2 - eps 02-09, not haruhi eps 12-19

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I edited my post

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

If you've got a set that presents series 1 and 2 in the 2009 broadcast order (i.e. chronological season 1, with season 2 eps put in where they would fit in chronologically) then the correct episode order is:

The movie

If you own the two seasons as seperate box sets then season 1 may be presented in chronological order as opposed to broadcast order. The order then would be

SEASON 1 DVDS

SEASON 2 WOULD BE IN THE CORRECT ORDER

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I hope this makes it easy for all to watch this show in the proper order

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I would like you to watch this with us, so we can have a conversation about anime

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Also watch k-on

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Linnaeus posted:

But I don't know if I can deal with someone who didn't like nichijou...

Nichijou is fine, but I don't think it's as good as people say

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

The chronological order is the canon order, yes, but the point of this is to experience the series as it was aired, and react accordingly. The 2009 rerun was chronological but we're going back to 2006 to start our simul

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

The next ep trailers in season 1 even include conversations about the difference between broadcast and chronological order. It's part of the experience

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

In Training posted:

Actually we're going to watch S1 broadcast, and then watch ALL the S2 broadcast (including S1 episodes).

Wow, really?

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

:(

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

TheKingofSprings posted:

The actual timeline of events happens in a specific order in the episodes, (Melancholy Part 1-6, then the other episodes) but since (in the first season) any episode not actually called "The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Part X" is stuff like a baseball game the order doesn't really matter and the way they did it allows for big climax at the end of the season.

The way they did it does allow for a climax at the end of the season, yes, but there's a reason the episodes are presented in the order they are (and a reason those specific one off episodes were chosen) that goes beyond the mere desire for a big finish at the end

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

We can talk about it more once we watch the eps

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

In Training posted:

Nobody has indicated any preference. I'll say 7 PM CST. It's loose, many people will be watching at other times. But how does that sound.

What's that in real time

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

What will win, my love of anime or my love of being a good nurse

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

unpronounceable posted:

0000h GMT is fine by me

It's 1am for us mate

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Like many things similar to this, after a while the author doesn't seem to know where he's going with the plot and there's no way there's going to be a decent resolution. What we have of haruhi is probably all we need

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

NAgato-chan is a good mang, but i have not watched the anim.

looks cute as heck tho

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

CrazySalamander posted:

I totally see why you love the sexual assaulter whose tantrums threaten to end the world, and who also considers everyone playthings for her amusement. Also it's really funny to call characters gay as an insult, and characters who struggle with completely comprehending emotions are never used in celebrated scifi/fantasy.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I feel that icantfundaname was making flippant character descriptions for humour.

E. To be clear, stop being dumb tia.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Haruhi just loves baps.

I can relate

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

E. Nevermind

Namtab fucked around with this message at 08:42 on Aug 17, 2015

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

In Training posted:

T-Minus 11 hours to liftoff.

It is with joy in my heart that I announce that it is now time for waifu chat and nagato is mine

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

StandardVC10 posted:

Man, finding this poo poo in the broadcast order is really hard to do. I swear one of these dodgy streaming sites just straight up mislabeled everything.

I posted the correct order earlier

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Namtab posted:

If you've got a set that presents series 1 and 2 in the 2009 broadcast order (i.e. chronological season 1, with season 2 eps put in where they would fit in chronologically) then the correct episode order is:

The movie

If you own the two seasons as seperate box sets then season 1 may be presented in chronological order as opposed to broadcast order. The order then would be

SEASON 1 DVDS

SEASON 2 WOULD BE IN THE CORRECT ORDER

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I fell asleep early last night, so I will watch the eps soon

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

This week I will fulfil my promise of talking about why broadcast order owns.

For now please enjoy my avatar shaking

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Lot of people in that shot doing the sperger slouch

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I got bored of writing an essay about haruhi suffice to say that the choice of episodes for the broadcast order and the order they air in is not only to allow an end of season climax but also lets the mystery of the melancholy plotline develop without giving away spoilers

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Iirc you will not see or be explicitly told anything in a sidestory that is not mentioned first in a melancholy ep, although there are hints.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I got to 464 words about the premise and half of episode 1 before I realised that writing essays is not what I watch anime for

• Locked thread