Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i watched the first season of Haruhi in 2007, solely based on the OP, when i was still an anime baby. liked it at the time but definitely wasn't at a point to really appreciate it (this was the same time i watched Naruto, ZnT, Shana) and later figured it just fell into the same category of those "good when you don't know better" shows.

tl;dr i'm incredibly glad for this simulwatch, because i'm ready to experience Haruhi properly and the vague pressure of a schedule helps me not throw things in my backlog

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

but isn't the fact that the "gimmick" order was what they broadcast means that it was intentionally made that way and the chronological order is a fan-created/necessitated thing?
i mean you don't produce an entire series before air, broadcasts would've been dictated by a very deliberate production process.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

The Devil Tesla posted:

The chronological order is cannon. They actually listed it at the end of every episode of the first season, and the second season aired in that order.

ah, okay. didn't know/remember that stuff, thanks.

• Locked thread