Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cronodoculous
Jun 29, 2006

You light up my life

Motto posted:

drat, I haven't watched this show in years but with the santa claus monologue and the ost it's all coming back to me

Yeah I had totally forgotten most of how the show goes, but watching the first episode again is really bringing it all back.

Motto posted:

mikuru looks a bit :downs: sometimes, but yeah

She looks straight out of Clannad, whereas the other characters all look a lot better. Although that Haruhi head turn from the end of the first episode terrifies me. (gif request?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cronodoculous
Jun 29, 2006

You light up my life

Manyorcas posted:

There was a nice collection of all the avs people bought but the hosting for it evaporated ages ago. WillieWestwood saved a uploaded a bunch of the banners in the Nagato thread though: http://imgur.com/a/nAImV

Thanks for these, now the Haruhi experience is complete.

Cronodoculous
Jun 29, 2006

You light up my life

Parallax posted:

whatcha thinking bout Kyon

Ms. Suzumiya, you're trying to seduce me. ... Aren't you?

Cronodoculous
Jun 29, 2006

You light up my life

Agronox posted:

But it's still one of those things I like much more in theory than in practice. They could've gotten the point across in half the episodes without really losing anything. If I was watching it live I absolutely would have lost my poo poo too.

Though even in spite of all that, the last 5-10 minutes of the arc might be some of my favorite scenes in the entire series, so it's hard to be too mad about it.

Actually, it's premature to talk about it now, I guess--here comes Nagato to bonk us on the nose--but I definitely look forward to hearing what people say about it when we get there in the watch.

I think every Endless Eight episode makes Disappearance that much better. An infinite amount of Endless Eight episodes would make Disappearance infinitely good.

Cronodoculous
Jun 29, 2006

You light up my life

That episode is way weirder than I remembered. I also remember not liking this next episode, so I hope I'm wrong again.

Cronodoculous
Jun 29, 2006

You light up my life

Okay apparently my memory erased everything but the actual plot ending, and forgot the hilarious Phoenix Wright stuff and how adorable this ending is. This owns.

Cronodoculous
Jun 29, 2006

You light up my life

OH MY GOD. How did I forget about this episode!? It had totally left my mind. This is amazing.

Cronodoculous
Jun 29, 2006

You light up my life

Careful Yuki, that's how Kurt Cobain died.

Cronodoculous
Jun 29, 2006

You light up my life

What a smooth track.

Cronodoculous
Jun 29, 2006

You light up my life

Spiritus Nox posted:

Who's ready for school!?! There's sure to be lots of new school day adventures in the next episode, right?

I can't wait to get back to the clubroom! I bet Haruhi has some great ideas for their new frog costume!

Cronodoculous
Jun 29, 2006

You light up my life

One episode of Yuki maybe enjoying herself, and seven episodes of Yuki looking bummed as gently caress. Poor Yuki.

Cronodoculous
Jun 29, 2006

You light up my life

I remember when I first watched this, I really thought stopping the loop was going to have something to do with the moment outside the cafe with Yuki. I really love how E8 treats Yuki. It doesn't dwell on her overmuch, but every shot she's in feel like it's twisting the knife.

Cronodoculous
Jun 29, 2006

You light up my life

The Devil Tesla posted:

She's not even doing anything, it's all context.

Exactly.

Cronodoculous
Jun 29, 2006

You light up my life

Spiritus Nox posted:

STOP WATCHING BASEBALL KYON.

God. How many centuries of goddamn baseball has he wasted his life on now? Of all the sports to be locked in a time loop with.

No I will not drop my beef with baseball, thanks for asking.

I think endless time loop is a pretty good metaphor for baseball.

Cronodoculous
Jun 29, 2006

You light up my life

Between Haruhi's safari outfit and this amazing music, this is my fav bug catching scene.

Cronodoculous
Jun 29, 2006

You light up my life

this

Cronodoculous
Jun 29, 2006

You light up my life

Spiritus Nox posted:

...Boy, I'm looking forward to Disappearance.

Me tooooo, I can't wait!

Cronodoculous
Jun 29, 2006

You light up my life

This is my second time seeing Disappearance but I'm still psyched.

Cronodoculous
Jun 29, 2006

You light up my life

I loving love Tsuruya in this scene. She's just the best.

Cronodoculous
Jun 29, 2006

You light up my life

gently caress the music sells the "you know her?" scene so hard. I almost teared up the first time I watched it, it's so good.

Cronodoculous
Jun 29, 2006

You light up my life

This movie really makes me root for keeping alternate Yuki, and then Kyon delivers the most impassioned ever for keeping original Yuki, and I can't help but agree.

Cronodoculous
Jun 29, 2006

You light up my life

Hmm, well you guys say Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-chan isn't worth the watch, but Funimation would have me believe that "No true Haruhi devotee should miss The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-chan." I'm not sure who to trust here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cronodoculous
Jun 29, 2006

You light up my life

Make a new KyoAni thread! I started watching Hyouka again now that the Simulwatch is over and I need somewhere to gush about it. This show is super beautiful and constantly adorable.

• Locked thread