Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
So far Work-senpai and redhead punk classmate are my favorites.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
cross post from the season thread but my episode ranking is 2>5>4>3>1

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Compendium posted:

So far Work-senpai and redhead punk classmate are my favorites.

The only reason a man should wear red and white striped socks is if he stands inconspicuously in large crowds professionally.

Ernie Muppari
Aug 4, 2012

Keep this up G'Bert, and soon you won't have a pigeon to protect!
sh-shut up japan!

it's not like i like this show or anything

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

chihayafuru was really high quality, but especially the sound design

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
5>1>4>2>3

I just don't get what y'all see in work smpai

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

One of the big reasons why Free made such a splash was the high production values which as EB stated is just unheard of in media pandering directly to women.

My rankings are: 2 > 4 > 3 > 5 > 1

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

boom boom boom posted:

I just don't get what y'all see in work smpai

He's that hot douche you have a short fling with then after it falls apart you both snipe at each other passive-aggressively at the office and make all your coworkers uncomfortable, but when you both get drunk at the Christmas party you can't keep your hands off each other and end up in the supply closet while all of your coworkers pretend they can't hear you.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

I think the Coworker Sempai has probably been the most relatable one* in terms of the scenario and that's why I like it so much. It's got this feeling of a sort of everyday type of situation, at least moreso then meeting a music virtuoso, going stargazing in the mountains, or sharing a train ride with a high school kid.

*In a positive way, unlike say coming home to the Jobless Bum from the first episode. Which is a big reason why I dislike that one so much and why it's hard for me to understand why anyone would want a fantasy of that sort of relationship.

Ernie Muppari
Aug 4, 2012

the jobless bum is a personification of a stuffed animal on your bed

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Oh, that does make sense.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
That sounds much more appealing than a guy who doesn't even make you a snack when you come home from a long day at work. Even Work-senpai had a bottle of tea ready for your drunk rear end.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Potsticker posted:

One of the big reasons why Free made such a splash

haha nice

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

I thought this was going to be my favorite character when they showed basic character profiles, but in motion he looks SO WEIRD. Just like everyone else on this show. They all look like goddamn plastic dolls.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Plastic is cool I like plastic.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
It's fantastic

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Like I think I mentioned in an earlier post, the part I like so much about Work Senpai is that he's generally coming off as a normal, kind dude and then just out of nowhere starts telling the viewer about how he considered committing suicide and just acts like it's a totally normal thing to say. The first guy (the one who bums at your house) came off as really bizarre/creepy.

I think I'd rate them 2 > 4 > 5 > 3 > 1

Ernie Muppari
Aug 4, 2012

i like astronomy boy the most because he is an adorable doofus

Adelheid
Mar 29, 2010

i was bored last night and saw this thread and i fell asleep to the co-worker episode. what a good guy. he works so hard. he really cares, you know

Adelheid
Mar 29, 2010

it's good that this show has no music or sound effects because when you put it on your phone and watch it in bed, having your eyes closed for the last few bits of it, you can just imagine the voice ending is from the boy falling asleep next to you, while any bgm ending would honestly be more distracting than anything

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
We should vote on the best Pillow Boy once the show is over since we're already ranking them anyways.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Compendium posted:

We should vote on the best Pillow Boy once the show is over since we're already ranking them anyways.

We should do weighted votes like the kyoani thread, because it's pretty clear cowroker would win a straight poll at this point

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Oh no, the popular vote might win!

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Potsticker posted:

Oh no, the popular vote might win!

He'd win a weighted vote too, but we'd see who was people's second choice and so on, so it'd be more interesting

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Nothing about this is interesting at all but we will totally do it.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

boom boom boom posted:

He'd win a weighted vote too, but we'd see who was people's second choice and so on, so it'd be more interesting

For sure, I was just being cheeky.

junopsis
Dec 28, 2008
..you weren't kidding about the art. Car coworker man seems to have a right hand consisting of five large fingers and no thumb.
I am concern.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's ok he's just suffering from a mild case of yaoi hands.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
What the hell, who wants a guy with a sty? Who's fantasy is that?

PotU
Jul 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
post a pic of the dude

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

PotU posted:

post a pic of the dude

PotU
Jul 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
it just says chuuni and nothing about a sty so idk, i was expecting something grosser

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
It wasn't that he looked gross, but that's what's under the eyepatch so ew.

Adelheid
Mar 29, 2010

i went to sleep with chuuni boy but my sleep quality sucked, i wasn't able to sleep very long, and i got up feeling awful. that is my review of makura no danshi episode 6

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
The joke is that he has to wear an eyepatch for a legit medical reason but he's turning it into a chunni thing anyway. "It feels like there's something living under there..."

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

The Devil Tesla posted:

The joke is that he has to wear an eyepatch for a legit medical reason but he's turning it into a chunni thing anyway. "It feels like there's something living under there..."

Yeah, but it should've been like, a scratched cornea or something, not a gross looking communicable disease you get from not washing your face.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Don't get close to me, I don't want you to catch my darkness...

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

5>2>6>3>4>1

the chuuni guy was actually super funny, and the musician is basically a chuuni too
opening on astronomy boy completely encased in a sleeping bag also got a laugh

and the OP gets better every week

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adelheid
Mar 29, 2010

dogsicle posted:

5>2>6>3>4>1

the chuuni guy was actually super funny, and the musician is basically a chuuni too
opening on astronomy boy completely encased in a sleeping bag also got a laugh

and the OP gets better every week

You're not wrong in saying astronomy boy is very high-tier, although I am not quite willing to say he's top. He might be. Get back to me in a few days when I've fallen asleep to him and coworker boy a few more times each and I'll be able to give a comparative review.

Adelheid fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Aug 23, 2015

• Locked thread