Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

oh my god, he has Ronald McDonald shoes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

dogsicle posted:

oh my god, he has Ronald McDonald shoes

The Swerve: Every guy in this show is actually just a reinterpretation of a fast food mascot.

Red haired train guy was actually the Wendy's girl. The business guy in the limo was actually Jack in the Box.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Caught up on Pillow Boys, I like college classmate, he's a p. normal, but chill dude, would relax with.

Librarian guy has the goofiest tie.

jellycat
Nov 5, 2012

it's a nice day
I binge-watched this whole thing over the weekend (by which I mean, over the course of like half an hour) and I think my top three are salaryman, dialect boy, and librarian. Chuuni boy is a close fourth.
I couldn't stand college classmate because of the way he talks, but I have to admit he came off as a little more thoughtful than he sounded by the end. Librarian seems like he likes kids and he completely earnestly recommended a book about kittens, so he gets a lot of points with me (on top of the whole glasses thing). I'm just hoping the giraffe print tie was a bad attempt at matching his elephant name tag.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
I was prepared to like Librarian guy, but he changed his mind about sleeping disturbing the other users of the library in the space of a two minute conversation, and I question how a book about kittens fits into someone who wants to live an exciting life. I just don't think the guy is any good at his job.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Are you saying you don't think kittens are exciting? :colbert:

Adelheid
Mar 29, 2010

Librarian boy is very good to relax before a short nap. My only real complaint is that my cat woke me up before i could nap for as long as I wanted to, but perhaps that is fitting, given that he recommended me a book on kittens.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Fangz posted:

I was prepared to like Librarian guy, but he changed his mind about sleeping disturbing the other users of the library in the space of a two minute conversation, and I question how a book about kittens fits into someone who wants to live an exciting life. I just don't think the guy is any good at his job.

Nothing about in this show makes any loving sense unless you're about to fall sleep and then it makes perfect sense.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Why the hell was a librarian wearing an apron?

Ernie Muppari
Aug 4, 2012

Keep this up G'Bert, and soon you won't have a pigeon to protect!

boom boom boom posted:

if anime is any indication every non-businessman job in japan requires one to wear an apron

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

boom boom boom posted:

He was busy cooking the books.

snivell
Sep 9, 2015

watch out, my posts are pretty damn edgy
Anyone else think the boys look retarded/ugly? Especially the first one.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

The first one is bad and there are a couple I don't think are attractive, but as a whole they're fine.

brotato
May 14, 2013
Considering "23 Ways To Live an Exciting Life" is basically a listicle, it kind of makes sense that the librarian guy would offer you another book that is also basically a BuzzFeed article.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

brotato posted:

Considering "23 Ways To Live an Exciting Life" is basically a listicle, it kind of makes sense that the librarian guy would offer you another book that is also basically a BuzzFeed article.

I guess this show is in itself kinda a Buzzfeed article.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Re: today's episode

:yikes:

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I liked it

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Watched this week's ep, my thoughts: They are totes creeps.

Needless to say, I didn't feel relaxed at all, but this ep would make a decent light horror story with the right tweaks.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Caught up with the librarian and flower arranger twins last night. That last episode was dirty lol.

2>9>5>8>4>6>10>3>1>7

Senpai is still my favorite but the librarian was cute (that tie was so bad though). Both college boys were nice, then all the rest after that are kinda eh. Looking forward to the old guy in the last ep, he may finally take the top spot away from creepy coworker.

jellycat
Nov 5, 2012

it's a nice day
This garbage has already spawned a series (that I don't think have started coming out just yet) of binaural situation CDs and a mobile game that's due out sometime in the winter.
I don't know if the mobile game will get translated or not, but I'm looking forward to playing it.

Adelheid
Mar 29, 2010

jellycat posted:

This garbage has already spawned a series (that I don't think have started coming out just yet) of binaural situation CDs and a mobile game that's due out sometime in the winter.
I don't know if the mobile game will get translated or not, but I'm looking forward to playing it.

Honestly binaural situation cds is the most obvious place for this to go. Put in ear buds and relax to sleep with the calming voice of anime boys.

Just, not the flower arrangement boys. My sleep quality after them = n/a. How could anyone fall asleep to that? I don't want them anywhere near me. Zero stars, they're the worst

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Yandere Boys Verbal Abuse CD

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Watamote crossover when?

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Adelheid posted:

Just, not the flower arrangement boys. My sleep quality after them = n/a. How could anyone fall asleep to that?

I think the idea was to get you ready for a quick, relaxing, pre-bed time jerk off, and that puts you to sleep

junopsis
Dec 28, 2008

jellycat posted:

Binaural CDs is what this should have been to begin with. As anime it's terribly executed. It's like someone literally put some CD audio to badly storyboarded animu. As dummy-head-mic stuff it's... pretty much normal?

jellycat
Nov 5, 2012

it's a nice day
Honestly, I think making it an anime first was a very smart move, even if it's mostly only interesting to laugh at a little.
If it was just a series of CDs, it probably wouldn't have been on my radar at all (as someone who does buy the occasional binaural CD), but because of the anime, it's made more of an impact on me. I might consider some of the CDs (salaryman sempai and librarian are on the same one, apparently, so that'd be on the top of my list) and I'll definitely be checking out the game.
Plus it's fun to watch each episode and poke fun at it with everyone!

brotato
May 14, 2013
How bad could it be, I thought after reading all the posts about the last episode.

Oh.
"Bullied by incestuous molester twins."
Welp.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

This episode was a cross over with Wakako-zake.

Pssssschuuuuuuuuu.....

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Food stall man is perfect.

He even reads shoujo manga AND is giving you free food, instant 2D soulmate.

Compendium fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Sep 22, 2015

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

Compendium posted:

Food stall man is perfect.

He even reads shoujo manga AND is giving you free food, instant 2D soulmate.

Instantly shot to #1 of my heart. Sorry other pillow boys.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
It is a completely unfair contest now.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
Tomorrow might be another hard day.... but I'm always on your side.

:swoon:

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
I died when he pulled up his shirt and then revived when he gave a free boiled egg on the house.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Nondevor posted:

Instantly shot to #1 of my heart. Sorry other pillow boys.

Yep, he was even better than I expected. :swoon:

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
argh why is the best one also the least gender-neutral?

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

boom boom boom posted:

argh why is the best one also the least gender-neutral?

Because bara owns like that.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I want to believe that it wasn't actually appendicitis, and he was just making up something to be cuter.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Okay, so the last one is just the first one over again. It's over!

You know what this means: time to run an inappropriately detailed ranking for this show. There's 10 boys total, rank them from your favorite to least, and I'll give the one at the top 10 points, the next 9, etc. You don't have to pick all of them, I'll just leave off the ones you don't rank. No making two boys equal, you have to choose!

Please get me your votes by Friday at 12:00 PM CST

Your options:

1/12: Merry - The Kind Soul Who Watches Over You As You Sleep
2: Tanaka Sousuke - Senpai Danshi - Your senpai at work that embraces you with the composure of an mature man
3: Hanamine Kanade - Music Danshi - A high school student that gives his all to music and the violin
4: Kijinami Eiji - Dialect Danshi - The transfer student who hates losing, but is more pure-hearted than others.
5: Emori T Ryuushi - Astronomy Danshi - A college student who loves to look at the stars
6: Maki Yuu - Delusions of Grandeur Danshi - A freshman that doesn't want to be accused of having delusions of grandeur
7: There was no episode seven.
8: Sasayama Nao - Happy IRL Danshi - Hip College Student Who Loves Cell Phones And Mixers
9: Mochizuki Shirusu - Librarian Danshi - The librarian that treasures books and book lovers like yourself.
10: Chigiri Yonaga/Yayoi - Flower Arrangement Danshi - Hobbyist Twins Who Are Full Of Wisdom
11: Iida Yuuichirou - Food Stall Danshi - An Old Guy Who Loves Oden And Freedom

devtesla fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Sep 29, 2015

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
1/12:

2:

3:

4:

5:

6:

8: