Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Adelheid
Mar 29, 2010

i was bored last night and saw this thread and i fell asleep to the co-worker episode. what a good guy. he works so hard. he really cares, you know

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adelheid
Mar 29, 2010

it's good that this show has no music or sound effects because when you put it on your phone and watch it in bed, having your eyes closed for the last few bits of it, you can just imagine the voice ending is from the boy falling asleep next to you, while any bgm ending would honestly be more distracting than anything

Adelheid
Mar 29, 2010

i went to sleep with chuuni boy but my sleep quality sucked, i wasn't able to sleep very long, and i got up feeling awful. that is my review of makura no danshi episode 6

Adelheid
Mar 29, 2010

dogsicle posted:

5>2>6>3>4>1

the chuuni guy was actually super funny, and the musician is basically a chuuni too
opening on astronomy boy completely encased in a sleeping bag also got a laugh

and the OP gets better every week

You're not wrong in saying astronomy boy is very high-tier, although I am not quite willing to say he's top. He might be. Get back to me in a few days when I've fallen asleep to him and coworker boy a few more times each and I'll be able to give a comparative review.

Adelheid fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Aug 23, 2015

Adelheid
Mar 29, 2010

Adelheid posted:

You're not wrong in saying astronomy boy is very high-tier, although I am not quite willing to say he's top. He might be. Get back to me in a few days when I've fallen asleep to him and coworker boy a few more times each and I'll be able to give a comparative review.

Two nights ago, I feel asleep with astronomy boy. In contrast with how utterly poorly i slept with chuuni boy, astronomy boy allowed me a comfortable sleep for a pleasant 7 and a half hours. I wasn't sure how coworker boy was going to beat that, but when I fell asleep to him last night, I had some of the most refreshing sleep I've had in ages. It also lasted for 7 and a half hours, but also included waking up feeling great and vaguely recalling having really good dreams.

So, I have to say that coworker boy is better than astronomy boy. 2 > 5. They're both better than all the others, though, especially 6 which was the worst thus far.

Adelheid
Mar 29, 2010

Librarian boy is very good to relax before a short nap. My only real complaint is that my cat woke me up before i could nap for as long as I wanted to, but perhaps that is fitting, given that he recommended me a book on kittens.

Adelheid
Mar 29, 2010

jellycat posted:

This garbage has already spawned a series (that I don't think have started coming out just yet) of binaural situation CDs and a mobile game that's due out sometime in the winter.
I don't know if the mobile game will get translated or not, but I'm looking forward to playing it.

Honestly binaural situation cds is the most obvious place for this to go. Put in ear buds and relax to sleep with the calming voice of anime boys.

Just, not the flower arrangement boys. My sleep quality after them = n/a. How could anyone fall asleep to that? I don't want them anywhere near me. Zero stars, they're the worst

Adelheid
Mar 29, 2010

I have to perform more science before i can give an accurate ranking for everyone, but

I'd rather fall asleep next to a kid i'm babysitting, awkward as that might be, than so much as be in the same room at the boys from 10.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adelheid
Mar 29, 2010

1/12: Merry - The Kind Soul Who Watches Over You As You Sleep
2: Tanaka Sousuke - Senpai Danshi - Your senpai at work that embraces you with the composure of an mature man
3: Hanamine Kanade - Music Danshi - A high school student that gives his all to music and the violin
4: Kijinami Eiji - Dialect Danshi - The transfer student who hates losing, but is more pure-hearted than others.
5: Emori T Ryuushi - Astronomy Danshi - A college student who loves to look at the stars
6: Maki Yuu - Delusions of Grandeur Danshi - A freshman that doesn't want to be accused of having delusions of grandeur
7: There was no episode seven. (Innocent Danshi)
8: Sasayama Nao - Happy IRL Danshi - Hip College Student Who Loves Cell Phones And Mixers
9: Mochizuki Shirusu - Librarian Danshi - The librarian that treasures books and book lovers like yourself.
10: Chigiri Yonaga/Yayoi - Flower Arrangement Danshi - Hobbyist Twins Who Are Full Of Wisdom
11: Iida Yuuichirou - Food Stall Danshi - An Old Guy Who Loves Oden And Freedom

After giving it several days of thought and analysis, I have results.

I know that many people liked food stall man. But, he just wasn't for me, you know? I guess I just wasn't particularly comfortable with him. Too gruff for me. Still, he... Was memorable. He was better than a few that just didn't really stand out. Those being, music boy and dialect boy. I have no real preference for them. They were just okay.

Those that were negative? For some reason, chuuni boy gave me very poor sleep quality. The kid wasn't great, but honestly, falling asleep next to a family member isn't really that out of the ordinary??? it doesn't have to be weird if you don't make it weird. He wasn't a top pick by any means but, while subpar, he was not outwardly horrid. And the sheep boy, Merry... Well! He was a bit creepy, too. Not AS creepy, buy still.

On the positive side, as I mentioned before, astronomy boy was very pleasant, and I consistently got good sleep with my good, caring senpai from work. He just cares so much...! And the librarian boy, he was also pretty good. He has good taste in books!!! But one I hadn't mentioned was Happy IRL boy. He reminded me a lot of some of my friends from college, so he was good to be around. It's certainly not like i've never fallen asleep in the presence of a boy i know from college in real life.

The flower arrangement boys don't even enter the picture.

So, that's

2 > 8 > 5 > 9
>>>
11 > 3 > 4
>>>>>
7 > 6 > 1
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

• Locked thread