Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

what is the point of having a props department if not to get a fake, fake banana telephone?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I haven't listened to the show since football season started because Stu and Billy's Tua vs Herbert constant talk was getting grating.

What have I missed

Weebly
May 6, 2007

General Chaos wants you!
College Slice
Chris Cote won’t be allowed to go to the Superbowl if the Dolphins get there.

Also the game after Dan signed the papers to go to the Super Bowl the fins have been losing.

Jessica and Lucy had a podcast called Footgirls but the name got changed to something else not as catchy.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

April came early

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
https://twitter.com/Ryan_Cortes/status/1744721794995781786?t=74IRBfvoPy-tElBfUsZJiw&s=19

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

a neat cape posted:

I haven't listened to the show since football season started because Stu and Billy's Tua vs Herbert constant talk was getting grating.

What have I missed

Weebly posted:

Chris Cote won’t be allowed to go to the Superbowl if the Dolphins get there.

Also the game after Dan signed the papers to go to the Super Bowl the fins have been losing.

Jessica and Lucy had a podcast called Footgirls but the name got changed to something else not as catchy.

I'd add, in a dumb effort post:

- Show's slowly pivoting to being a primarily visual presentation. It doesn't hurt anything on the podcast so far. It's just a subtle change where videos are being played without any detail being added and Dan's not calling others out as consistently for failing to describe what's going on to a listening audience.

- Show's also becoming much more online. Aforementioned pod being named Foot Girls, for instance, requires you to be aware of joke about foot fetishes that are common on Twitter and the like. As I spend less time on Twitter, the jokes and the situations they talk about are more and more sailing over my elder millennial head.

- To that end, show's continuing to make hay from commenting on ESPN and other sports media. Nothing seems to get them as many views/comments consistently as getting in the middle of anything related to Mcafee or Aaron Rodgers. I don't really care for it - it is to me what Heat talk is to a bunch of others - but I understand why they're doing it.

- New shipping container folks are integrating well and everyone's getting their own space to grow. Roy's got a hockey show, Cote's running Cinephile and his dad's pod, Billy has Stupodity/God Bless Football, Jessica and Lucy have a college football pod, Mystery Crate gets everyone involved, Charlotte's got a basketball show with Amin, etc. It does lead to a dilution of the main show because much of the actual sports discussion now happens elsewhere or gets compressed into two-minute windows.

The only thing I've found to genuinely get worse in the post-ESPN era has been the fanbase. I know that this show has always leaned into mean texts or tweets for content but, in a post-Trump and possibly not post-Trump time, I'm just tired of seeing people get any level of recognition for being as lovely as possible. Seeing incels go insane over Jessica or to know that Juju Gotti spends every day wading through racist vitriol makes me want to be a part of the listening/viewing community less.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Thank you for the recap!

When I stopped listening, I'm not gonna lie, my tolerance for Stu was at an all time low. It'd be nice if he was a bit better

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

a neat cape posted:

Thank you for the recap!

When I stopped listening, I'm not gonna lie, my tolerance for Stu was at an all time low. It'd be nice if he was a bit better

Agreed. Can't say he's gotten any better, but at least now more of his bullshit gets channeled into GBF and he's frequently absent from the main show.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Anals of History posted:

The only thing I've found to genuinely get worse in the post-ESPN era has been the fanbase. I know that this show has always leaned into mean texts or tweets for content but, in a post-Trump and possibly not post-Trump time, I'm just tired of seeing people get any level of recognition for being as lovely as possible. Seeing incels go insane over Jessica or to know that Juju Gotti spends every day wading through racist vitriol makes me want to be a part of the listening/viewing community less.

also haven’t listened much in a while, but this reminds me that in the subreddit there’s some obscene hate for chris cote

RandomHodge
Jul 5, 2007

Vertical Lime posted:

also haven’t listened much in a while, but this reminds me that in the subreddit there’s some obscene hate for chris cote

There's obscene hate for everything on that sub, it's pretty unbearable now

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

RandomHodge posted:

There's obscene hate for everything on that sub, it's pretty unbearable now

I'm sure absolutely no one hates Jessica for any reason

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
Heehaw Three
Badeyup

Satisfaction Guaranteed
Jan 17, 2001

Forum Veteran

Cool Post Beg posted:

Heehaw Three
Badeyup

Greg Cote running face first in the hard network out will never stop being funny.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Off top, *insert strange biological fact here*

PLAY THE MUSIC

Foxworth show for me is turning into a top top tier sports show for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005
I'm usually cool with Mystery Crate but drat nothing makes me feel older than listening to the younger members of the crew spending ten minutes about what they've been watching on Tik Tok. Then oh boy this one video was so funny that they had to repost it on their Instagram and... Yeah.