Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Gravy Boat 2k

hallik posted:

That's funny because I like Dan and I feel like Donovan doesn't bring anything to the table. But I guess that's why he's still there is he has plenty of fans.

The audio from them out drinking with Kid from Kid & Play was hilarious too. It was at the super bowl right?

Fridays at 2:30, Fridays at 2:30...

I never thought I'd be raving about Kid in 2015, but I sure as hell don't mind. The dude is great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gbaby
Feb 6, 2015

Dr_Strangelove posted:

You are welcome. Why Today Doesn't Suck at 3 p.m. is the best thing on radio ever.

:agreed:

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

I'm in the DFW and I mostly listen to 105.3 (Fan). There are some others, 103.3 which is what I used to listen to, and the Ticket. I've tried the Ticket a few times but i'm not sure what shows I was listening to that everyone else was. I didn't like it at all.

My reaction to this. Perhaps its because of all the drops and inside jokes but also that's what makes the ticket great. So many good drops.

gbaby
Feb 6, 2015
Here are some of my favorite Ticket wheels off moments and segments
John in Plano
Mexican dracula
Lee Corso gets angry + "taking a shot!"
Mini sirloin burgers
Moron dog
I like steak

hallik
Aug 15, 2003
Here's some of my favorite Kid moments. Like him plastered singing country.

He's that guy who gets so wasted he can't even stand or take care of himself, but is the first guy to jump out of bed and start the day like the previous night never happened.

http://www.theunticket.com/kid-gets-wasted-with-donovan-and-corby/

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
On the radio today, LeBatard talked about an interview they just did with Marcus Dupree that will be on HQ soon (maybe tomorrow). The only tidbit he gave away was that his second best recruiting story was that a school offered him a freaking oil well if he chose them. I repeat, that was the 2nd best story.

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

swickles posted:

On the radio today, LeBatard talked about an interview they just did with Marcus Dupree that will be on HQ soon (maybe tomorrow). The only tidbit he gave away was that his second best recruiting story was that a school offered him a freaking oil well if he chose them. I repeat, that was the 2nd best story.

I fell in love with LeBatard the day he and Stugats covered for Mike and Mike. Between the constant mocking of everything that Mike and Mike do, to the loathing that they had for the two Mikes and everything that they stood for..and the cherry on top: LeBatard being so sleep deprived that he managed to come off as both racist AND pro-rape, despite that obviously being not what he meant at all.

4 hours of a glorious disaster, and I loved every second of it.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Martinpale posted:

I fell in love with LeBatard the day he and Stugats

It's Stugotz. Remember the name.

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

gbaby posted:

Here are some of my favorite Ticket wheels off moments and segments
John in Plano

I was at work listening when John in Plano happened. Good thing that was time of day when the action at work got quiet, because I laughed so much I was almost catatonic.

Listen to this for a taste of the real Lee Corso. What a little turd.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Martinpale posted:

I fell in love with LeBatard the day he and Stugats covered for Mike and Mike. Between the constant mocking of everything that Mike and Mike do, to the loathing that they had for the two Mikes and everything that they stood for..and the cherry on top: LeBatard being so sleep deprived that he managed to come off as both racist AND pro-rape, despite that obviously being not what he meant at all.

4 hours of a glorious disaster, and I loved every second of it.

They are good friends with the two Mikes

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

commy gun posted:

It's Stugotz. Remember the name.

Why are you posting pictures of Guy Fieri after he discovered cross-fit?

"I'm here today to introduce you guys to my Flamin' Foie Gras Fritter Fucks, swimming in my signature Sunday-Night Sichuan Succop Sauce."

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004

Ross Angeles posted:

They are good friends with the two Mikes

I call them fat boy and little man :rimshot:

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Chilichimp posted:

Why are you posting pictures of Guy Fieri after he discovered cross-fit?

"I'm here today to introduce you guys to my Flamin' Foie Gras Fritter Fucks, swimming in my signature Sunday-Night Sichuan Succop Sauce."

He lost a bet on the NBA finals. Loser had to get the Guy Fieri makeover.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

swickles posted:

He lost a bet on the NBA finals. Loser had to get the Guy Fieri makeover.

This is cool and good.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Chilichimp posted:

This is cool and good.

Then pay attention to their humiliation pool/grid of death. There are some phenomenal penalties up for grabs.

Darkpriest667
Feb 2, 2015

I'm sorry I impugned
your cocksmanship.

Rasczak posted:

Ask and ye shall receive, real Nolan Ryan is the last one

This is loving gold.... I have heard the fake jerry jones already and that poo poo is hilarious.

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

Darkpriest667 posted:

This is loving gold.... I have heard the fake jerry jones already and that poo poo is hilarious.

I enjoy Jerry Jr. yelling across the room. "DEZ MADE A GOOD CATCH, DIDN'T HE DADDY" :downs:

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Can anyone recommend a good station to listen to Eagles fans losing their poo poo?

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

SirPhoebos posted:

Can anyone recommend a good station to listen to Eagles fans losing their poo poo?

http://player.streamtheworld.com/liveplayer.php?CALLSIGN=WIPFMAAC

They just had a caller from California who was clearly on crack

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Bomani is taking over Lebatards old spot, 4-7 EST. That's pretty cool, the only way I could hear Bomani before was to do the whole podcast thing.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

swickles posted:

Bomani is taking over Lebatards old spot, 4-7 EST. That's pretty cool, the only way I could hear Bomani before was to do the whole podcast thing.

From Twitter

quote:

Perfect! Now you are free to follow this season of Empire!

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Haha, I have to say when I keep seeing these ads for Empire, I wonder if Bomani is going to live tweet it again, or if he would just have live commentary on the radio.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

swickles posted:

Haha, I have to say when I keep seeing these ads for Empire, I wonder if Bomani is going to live tweet it again, or if he would just have live commentary on the radio.

God I hope he live tweets it again, even if his conscience doesn't want to allow it. #BoHatesEmpire was glorious.

Darkpriest667
Feb 2, 2015

I'm sorry I impugned
your cocksmanship.

swickles posted:

I like Bomani better. Dood is chill as hell on the radio. It's too bad I am working for 2 hours of his show.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
Thanks to this thread I'm listening to the Bomani Jones and Around the NFL podcasts and they really help get through my new office job, where we can't listen to the radio (streaming or otherwise) .

what other good podcasts?

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

indigi posted:

Thanks to this thread I'm listening to the Bomani Jones and Around the NFL podcasts and they really help get through my new office job, where we can't listen to the radio (streaming or otherwise) .

what other good podcasts?

PFTCommentor has a new radio show....

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Stugotz is the loving worst. I'd rather listen to Cowherd

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Ross Angeles posted:

Stugotz is the loving worst. I'd rather listen to Cowherd

Thats kind of the point, its like taking Colbert the character seriously. He is an amalgam of Skip Bayless, Cowherd, and Mike and Mike. The guy goes by Stugotz ffs.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Lol, Dan Lebatard warns WEEI to maybe stop making racist comments about he and his father. WEEI twitter calls Dan an abject liar. Dan plays a clip from WEEI where they literally say that Dan and Papi are "Fresh off the boat"

gently caress WEEI

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

holy crap these guys are awful

http://media.weei.com/a/110648159/dan-le-batard-is-a-liar-11-3-15.htm

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Ross what hour did Lebatard respond to the WEEI guys?

edit: nevermind, it's at the beginning of the second hour: http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=14051759

Ehud fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Nov 4, 2015

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

Ross Angeles posted:

Lol, Dan Lebatard warns WEEI to maybe stop making racist comments about he and his father. WEEI twitter calls Dan an abject liar. Dan plays a clip from WEEI where they literally say that Dan and Papi are "Fresh off the boat"

gently caress WEEI

Yeah I watched that and I was like :stare:. They were also saying some homophobic stuff about Dan as well. Where did all of this come from? Why would you take shots at Papi?

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Boston assholes racist and homophobic, news at 11.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

NC-17 posted:

Boston assholes racist and homophobic, news at 11.

well yeah, but these guys are an ESPN affiliate saying this horrible stuff about one of ESPN's national guys so it's kind of surprising that they would be this stupid

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Ehud posted:

well yeah, but these guys are an ESPN affiliate saying this horrible stuff about one of ESPN's national guys so it's kind of surprising that they would be this stupid

And then calling Dan the liar, which is just hilariously stupid.

In other news, Stugotz is eating 36 mini powdered donuts on the show tomorrow.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Ehud posted:

Oh man are you kidding me if there's one thing ESPN loves it's creating its own controversy so they can fill endless hours talking about it.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Ross Angeles posted:

And then calling Dan the liar, which is just hilariously stupid.

In other news, Stugotz is eating 36 mini powdered donuts on the show tomorrow.

Is the show growing on you at all? Have you listened to Ron Magill's zoo segments?

NC-17 posted:

Oh man are you kidding me if there's one thing ESPN loves it's creating its own controversy so they can fill endless hours talking about it.

I hope the WEEI guys get fired so I can go on Twitter and read about how ESPN is too PC and why can't we say Lebatard is a fag who is fresh off the boat

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Ehud posted:

Is the show growing on you at all? Have you listened to Ron Magill's zoo segments?

Kinda. I just needed to stop listening to it as a sports show and listen to it as a parody of a sports show. The constant racism angles that Dan brings up get kinda repetitive, but the other segments are great. The bucket of death/grid of humiliation are awesome.

I did find out that I've kinda fallen out of love with Russillo and Kanell. The lack of SVP and Outsider Mike has made the show kinda bland.

I've been listening to Cowherd a lot more because of the big lack of commercial breaks (like half of what ESPN has), and I actually kinda like the long form interviews that he has now. On his ESPN show, like most ESPN shows, the interview only lasts like 7 minutes. With his new gig, he's going 15-20 minutes in interviews and it's kinda refreshing. He also doesn't lob softball questions like Mike and Mike do so that's nice.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Ross Angeles posted:

I've been listening to Cowherd a lot more because of the big lack of commercial breaks (like half of what ESPN has), and I actually kinda like the long form interviews that he has now. On his ESPN show, like most ESPN shows, the interview only lasts like 7 minutes. With his new gig, he's going 15-20 minutes in interviews and it's kinda refreshing. He also doesn't lob softball questions like Mike and Mike do so that's nice.

I can't believe I'm doing this but if Cowherd is the other option I'm going to suggest listening to Jim Rome for interviews, he's actually sort of ok at that.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

I can't believe I'm doing this but if Cowherd is the other option I'm going to suggest listening to Jim Rome for interviews, he's actually sort of ok at that.

I've always abhorred Cowherd and Rome's actual opinions on sports but I've never really minded either of them as interviewers. SHRUG

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Ross Angeles posted:

I've always abhorred Cowherd and Rome's actual opinions on sports but I've never really minded either of them as interviewers. SHRUG

That's pretty much how I feel about Costas so I can understand it, although I'm not going to bother listening to Cowherd to see if the interviews are good.