Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Ross Angeles posted:

Kinda. I just needed to stop listening to it as a sports show and listen to it as a parody of a sports show. The constant racism angles that Dan brings up get kinda repetitive, but the other segments are great. The bucket of death/grid of humiliation are awesome.

Yeah it is very much not a Serious Sports Show™ and I think that's why I like it.

I love that they don't let guys give boring athlete answers. Dan would rather do no interviews at all than do boring Mike and Mike style interviews and I appreciate that.

Glad you're enjoying it a little more than you originally did

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Ehud posted:

Yeah it is very much not a Serious Sports Show™ and I think that's why I like it.

I love that they don't let guys give boring athlete answers. Dan would rather do no interviews at all than do boring Mike and Mike style interviews and I appreciate that.

Glad you're enjoying it a little more than you originally did

I've always looked at them as the Daily Show for sports. They are mostly taking a piss but they come up with quality points a lot.

As far as Cowherd he's like someone gave a pile of garbage the ability to speak and the first thing it did was call up a stylist to get a ridiculous dye job.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I started listening to the Tony Kornheiser show again for the first time in five or six years.

It literally hasn't changed one bit.

:911:

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
I've been a cowherd fan for the last few years, but I must say I have really been enjoying listening to lebatard and stugotz. they are highly entertaining.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Cote's starting to figure out the hard network out. :(

Trast posted:

I've always looked at them as the Daily Show for sports. They are mostly taking a piss but they come up with quality points a lot.

I'd agree with that, and add that they do a good job treating serious problems (CTE, sexual assault, mental/emotional trauma) seriously and not-serious things (sports). It's amazing when you listen to something like Mike & Mike and see all of the above completely reversed.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
The Call in this video is one of the greatest Sports Radio Calls I have ever heard. This was on a Radio show yesterday talking about that Ditka in a Packer's sweater commercial. And It's goddamn fantastic.

http://sports.cbslocal.com/show/670-the-score/video-3316252-ditka-betrayed-us/

Call's like 50 seconds in. Jason Goff is the best sports radio guy in Chicago.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I have to say, the donut challenge between Stugotz and Golic has provided more entertaining content that I expected. Golic is about to attempt to eat 36 mini powder donuts in the next hour and if he does it, Stugotz has to shave his head/chest/etc.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

hahahaha golic just did it in like 10 minutes while staying in the conversation

he ate an omelette beforehand

golic is a fat idiot I love it

stugotz took 3 hours to try and eat the same amount and failed

edit: he just went offset to get the bag of donuts and eat more

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Ehud posted:

YOU LIKE THAT?

YOU LIKE THAT????

edit: The best part was Dan straight up being worried that Golic was so confident that maybe he wasn't bluffing.

algebra testes fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Nov 12, 2015

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

I like mike and mike and i do not care who knows. this may be influenced by the fact that detroit has the most godawful morning show in the country.

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

National champion, Heisman winner, King crab enthusiast

WoodrowSkillson posted:

I like mike and mike and i do not care who knows. this may be influenced by the fact that detroit has the most godawful morning show in the country.

Does 105.1 have a morning show? I am rarely in the metro area during the morning drive and whatever they have on 97.1 is hot garbage.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Dattserberg posted:

Does 105.1 have a morning show? I am rarely in the metro area during the morning drive and whatever they have on 97.1 is hot garbage.

starts at 8am, ryan and rico, until then it has mike and mike on.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

I think I'm kinda sorta becoming a Dolphins and Heat fan. At least, I think now I can name more Dolphins than Lions players. It's a little early in life to be feeling like a snowbird.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Ehud posted:

lmao

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

LordPants posted:

I started listening to the Tony Kornheiser show again for the first time in five or six years.

It literally hasn't changed one bit.

:911:

I'm in the same boat

Sometimes it's just good to go to the old reliables :corsair:

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:
It's so nice to be able to listen and laugh during Lebatard instead of having Cowherd grind on about everything that is wrong and not white about the world today. Though knowing he is losing his poo poo over Iowa being ranked so high just makes me want to cheer for Iowa.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Lol, the Lions are moving from 97.1 to WJR and allegedly part of the reason was because Mike Valenti is too mean and they wanted him fired.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Henchman of Santa posted:

Lol, the Lions are moving from 97.1 to WJR and allegedly part of the reason was because Mike Valenti is too mean and they wanted him fired.

lol

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

Henchman of Santa posted:

I'm beginning to hate this team so goddamn much

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Dattserberg posted:

I'm beginning to hate this team so goddamn much

What took you so long?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
hey Ehud

:unsmith:

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

oh man I gotta watch this :unsmith:

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
Hello everybody *breath* Welcome to the Jim Rome show. *shuffles paper* Today *crinkles paper* on the show *5 second pause* we're gonna listen to a million unfunny voicemails

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Host of morning men is having a loving melt down over his producer losing one sound clip. Mad dog radio.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Since this is bumped, Mike and the Mad Dog reunited (audio at the bottom of the page):

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2015/12/03/mike-francesa-chris-russo-wfan/

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Vertical Lime posted:

Since this is bumped, Mike and the Mad Dog reunited (audio at the bottom of the page):

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2015/12/03/mike-francesa-chris-russo-wfan/

It was glorious. Those 2 belong together...

TyroneGoldstein
Mar 30, 2005
The best part about that special event was Carton being all salty the next morning.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I just found out that Giants OL Geoff Schwartz has a podcast specifically about offensive line play, which sounds like it could be pretty interesting. Just subscribed, has anyone given it a listen yet? Either way, I'll report back with a review.

Also I saw that Nate Burleson has a podcast from the NFL Network and that has to be good, right? Nate is so affable and charismatic on TV and makes some good points when I see him on there, so I'm sure this will get added to the rotation.

Anyway, this thread should have more activity because I am bored at my desk

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Cris Carter called Jed York one of the best owners in the NFL this morning on Mike and Mike.

I think I'm done with Sports Radio.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

That's kind of your own fault for listening to Mike and Mike

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
People who listen to the Tony Kornheiser show (or people who know what I'm talking about I guess) whats the origin of the (deep voice) "C'mon man, what are we even doing here man" running gag?

indigi posted:

That's kind of your own fault for listening to Mike and Mike

But that time he ate all the donuts!!!

No seriously, that was amazing.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Mike and Mike is better then my local morning drive sports radio which is the worst show on the planet so i listen to them on sirius since its mostly ok news and discussion about sports. They stupid things but so does literally everyone in sports media.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

WoodrowSkillson posted:

Mike and Mike is better then my local morning drive sports radio which is the worst show on the planet so i listen to them on sirius since its mostly ok news and discussion about sports. They stupid things but so does literally everyone in sports media.

I loving hate national sports radio, there's nothing I want to hear less than "what's up with the Cowboys today and..."

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

I loving hate national sports radio, there's nothing I want to hear less than "what's up with the Cowboys today and..."

As a lions fan, there are days the last goddamn thing i want to hear about is my local team

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I only listen to local sports talk but I'm a Cowboys fan in Dallas so obviously all I hear about are the Cowboys. I didn't know i could just listen to national radio and hear the same thing.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

I only listen to local sports talk but I'm a Cowboys fan in Dallas so obviously all I hear about are the Cowboys. I didn't know i could just listen to national radio and hear the same thing.

preeeeeeetty much, bro. Pretty

Prettyyyyyyy

Pretty much. Prettymuch.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Chilichimp posted:

Try Mad Dog Sports Radio. It's all Pats Chat, no matter what.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
It's bad enough that local sports talk is basically 50/50 Dawgs chat and Falcons/Braves/Hawks/SEC/NCAA/NFL/GATech chat.

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

WoodrowSkillson posted:

Dude you aren't even exposed to the worst morning show in the state. Try 107.3 out of Grand Rapids if you want to see how much further the depths of hell can go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

WoodrowSkillson posted:

As a lions fan, there are days the last goddamn thing i want to hear about is my local team

Wouldn't that just be all of them?