Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

steinrokkan posted:

Yo, here I some pictures I made in five minutes that are better than the poo poo presented upthread:

None of these are better than anything I've seen in Skyrim. Which isn't too say they are bad, but there isn't anything special about them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

steinrokkan posted:

Well, first - they are ten years older than Skyrim, second - they don't really present the full effect of shaders.

Like, Gothic makes it quite ridiculous that there's no worthwhile dynamic lighting in Bethesda games.

Graphics don't make a setting interesting. Lighting usually doesn't either unless your doing something weird and artistic with it. What you posted was a bunch of fairly generic medieval landscapes, and those would stay that way no matter how good the graphics were.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

steinrokkan posted:

Well, what original landscapes are there in either Oblivion or Skyrim?

Never said they had many, though Shivering Isles in Oblivion was more interesting than what they normally do.

Personally I think Oblivion and Skyrim both look very nice in some areas but I'd still say the landscapes are generic. That doesn't make them bad, but there's nothng special about it. Saying Gothic had much better art design implies something really unique about it but from the screenshots you posted I'm not seeing much to set it above Oblivion/Skyrim.

• Locked thread