Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Weaponized Cum posted:

you're poo poo

Yeah we haven't looked great tbh. Thankfully we picked up six points though and Rodgers seems a little more pragmatic this season.

The big positive is our new signings don't look dogshit. Benteke, Clyne, Gomez and Milner have all looked good and I like what little I've seen of Firmino.

A lot of parallels between us and United so far; bought reasonably well, played poo poo, six points.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Firmino did nothing in the 20 minutes he was on today. I think he'll come good but don't understand everyone "liking what they saw" today

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Ungratek posted:

Firmino did nothing in the 20 minutes he was on today. I think he'll come good but don't understand everyone "liking what they saw" today

Not today so much but against Stoke and in pre season he looked sharp.

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!

Ungratek posted:

Reminder that arguably their greatest player managed a long ball, red-worthy tackle, stamp, and sending off in 40 seconds worth of action

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

brocked posted:

Reminder that arguably their greatest player managed a long ball, red-worthy tackle, stamp, and sending off in 40 seconds worth of action

When did Kenny Dalglish do these things?

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013

brocked posted:

suarez didn't do that?

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
You're right, terrible phrasing, but I thought 20 uneventful minutes might actually be a good thing

Digital Jesus
Sep 11, 2001

brocked posted:

I thought 20 uneventful minutes might actually be a good thing

I bet you say that to all the ladies.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
hi im finally gettin around to watching the west ham leicester game and adrian doing that flip after vardy barely grazed him is one of the funniest goddamn things i've ever seen

he literally stops and then jumps forward and flips

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.
I have a terrible feeling Big Brenda starts Lallana over Emre Can for absolutely no reason against Arsenal.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

cheese posted:

I have a terrible feeling Big Brenda starts Lallana over Emre Can for absolutely no reason against Arsenal.

The only way Lallana is going to get into form is to play him so I understand why he's started the last couple of games. He looked sharp pre season too.

In saying that I don't think he'll play against Arsenal. We'd be stupid not to play Can behind Milner and Henderson (gently caress knows what we'll do if he's injured) as it will give us another body at the back and allow the other two to push forward and support- which is their strength. I'd probably start with Firmino too. It's a bit of a gamble but he can't be worse than Ibe or Lallana in the first two games and he's going to have to start sooner than later.

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing

Ewar Woowar posted:

The only way Lallana is going to get into form is to play him so I understand why he's started the last couple of games. He looked sharp pre season too.

In saying that I don't think he'll play against Arsenal. We'd be stupid not to play Can behind Milner and Henderson (gently caress knows what we'll do if he's injured) as it will give us another body at the back and allow the other two to push forward and support- which is their strength. I'd probably start with Firmino too. It's a bit of a gamble but he can't be worse than Ibe or Lallana in the first two games and he's going to have to start sooner than later.

What about Lucas!

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

c0burn posted:

What about Lucas!

The press believe Lucas will be sold if possible. I wouldn't doubt it as Rodgers' ideal deep-lying midfielder would be a healthy version of Joe Allen regardless of what actual results otherwise show. not firing Rodgers has given him no real motivation to change his tactics since FSG has shown that they bought all of Rodgers' bullshit and excuses.

Also, people wondering why they're not seeing more Emre Can should keep in mind that Can was also a "Committee" signing and Rodgers has an iffy relationship with all the foreign Committee signings regardless of how good they've been (such as Sakho).

If Lallana and Lovren can play into form, Rodgers proves that he's right and that gives him more power. Last season shows that he will keep playing them to prove he's right.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

He may be going on loan

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Brony Car posted:

If Lallana and Lovren can play into form, Rodgers proves that he's right and that gives him more power. Last season shows that he will keep playing them to prove he's right.

I know you don't like Rodgers but this is bullshit. Allen only plays when we've had injuries mostly and Lallana was dropped plenty last season and is only playing at the moment due to the new players not being match fit and being very good pre season.

Rodgers also signed Borini- who played a few games before quite clearly being not good enough and was dropped.

Can played plenty last season and he'll play plenty this season. Dude is like 21 too.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
Can played at CB for most of his time last season. If Rodgers hadn't gone to 3 at the back out of desperation, Can wouldn't have gotten any game time at all. Now that Liverpool are back to a back 4, I would be very surprised to see Can start if both Henderson and Milner are fit.

Lallana was also constantly injured last season. He wasn't dropped given how often the man was just unfit. And I'd be surprised if Allen was ever match fit during the 2014-2015 season when the other midfielders weren't injured either.

Borini is also a bad example as some form of Rodgers' supposed objectivity. Rodgers only froze out Borini after his refusal to go to Sunderland. Remember that Borini missed 3 months of that season with a broken foot and was also out for another couple of months after getting a shoulder injury after he returned. He started or played in 20 games all season. There was no big judgment call. Suarez and Sturridge (who was a Committee call according to Tony Evans) were obviously superior and Borini was broken. The club then sent Borini to Sunderland, which started this annoying, protracted saga.

Rodgers plays his favorites and will stick with them for much longer than he should. I don't know how that's not apparent from the past seasons.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Brony Car posted:

Can played at CB for most of his time last season. If Rodgers hadn't gone to 3 at the back out of desperation, Can wouldn't have gotten any game time at all. Now that Liverpool are back to a back 4, I would be very surprised to see Can start if both Henderson and Milner are fit.

Lallana was also constantly injured last season. He wasn't dropped given how often the man was just unfit. And I'd be surprised if Allen was ever match fit during the 2014-2015 season when the other midfielders weren't injured either.

Borini is also a bad example as some form of Rodgers' supposed objectivity. Rodgers only froze out Borini after his refusal to go to Sunderland. Remember that Borini missed 3 months of that season with a broken foot and was also out for another couple of months after getting a shoulder injury after he returned. He started or played in 20 games all season. There was no big judgment call. Suarez and Sturridge (who was a Committee call according to Tony Evans) were obviously superior and Borini was broken. The club then sent Borini to Sunderland, which started this annoying, protracted saga.

Rodgers plays his favorites and will stick with them for much longer than he should. I don't know how that's not apparent from the past seasons.

I don't see it. Injuries aside Rodgers has mainly played the best team available to him. Last season was hosed because of all the missing players and the lack of a competent forward necessitated the formation change. Playing three at the back was not ideal but we did start winning games once we made that shift so I think some credit is due there.

Apart from Sakho not starting ahead of Lovren I've been pretty happy with how we've lined up this season- and even then Lovren has probably justified selection. Lallana, Ibe and Gomez deserved their starts due to preseason form and other players coming into the side late (Firmino and Can).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->

Brony Car posted:

nice meltdown

• Locked thread