Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

:bloodborne::bloodborne::bloodborne::bloodborne:FINAL UPDATE:bloodborne::bloodborne::bloodborne::bloodborne:
Episode 34 - So Long and Thanks for All the Blood

After finishing the development of Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition, series creator Hidetaka Miyazaki was approached by Sony to develop a new game in partnership with them, as an exclusive title for their yet-to-be-release PS4. Featuring a Victorian Gothic setting inspired heavily by Bram Stoker's Dracula and an overall aesthetic design heavily influenced by the Tower of Latria area from Demon's Souls. Unlike Demon's Souls or Dark Souls, Bloodborne was designed with the intention of forcing players to take a more active role in the combat, as opposed to the more reactive "sword and board" style featured in those games. New mechanics were introduced as a result, such as the rally system, by which you can recover HP if you strike an enemy quickly after being hit, as well as shields being replaced by guns that can be used to stun and stagger enemies.

This will be a informative playthrough focused on showing off all of the game's content and showing off strategies for dealing with the various encounters the game throws at you. All areas will be explored to their fullest and all features (e.g. multiplayer) will be shown off.

Expect a proper update every Friday night ahahahahahahah

- Anything not yet shown off in the videos should be kept in black bars. But try to keep those to a minimum, CIA documents are terribly dry.
- No debating about which game is the best. They're all good.

Episode 1 - Central Yharnam
Episode 2 - Yharnam Sewers
Episode 3 - Cathedral Ward 1
Episode 4 - Old Yharnam
Episode 5 - Pthumerian Labyrinth
Episode 6 - Healing Church Workshop
Episode 7 - Central Pthumerian Labyrinth
Episode 8 - Cathedral Ward 2
Episode 9 - Hemwick Charnel Lane
Episode 10 - ???
Episode 11 - Forbidden Woods 1
Episode 12 - Forbidden Woods 2
Episode 13 - Forbidden Woods 3
Episode 14 - Bergenwyrth
Episode 15 - Paleblood Yharnam
Episode 16 - Cainhurst Castle
Episode 17 - Nightmare Frontier
Episode 18 - Hintertombs Highlights
Episode 19 - Yahar'gul, Unseen Village
Episode 20 - Upper Cathedral Ward
Episode 21 - The Hunter's Nightmare 1
Episode 22 - The Hunter's Nightmare 2
Episode 23 - Nightmare of Mensis
Episode 24 - Sorrowful Ends
Episode 25 - Research Hall
Episode 26 - Fishing Hamlet 1
Episode 27 - Nightmare Secrets
Episode 28 - Chalice Woes
Episode 29 - Fishing Hamlet 2
Episode 30 - Lower Loran and Isz
Episode 31 - Mergo's Loft
Episode 32 - Pthumeru Ihyll
Episode 33 - Hunter's Dream
Episode 34 - So Long and Thanks for All the Blood

Genocyber fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Dec 30, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

reserved in case I need it

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Episode 1 - Central Yharnam

Huntsman
Yharnam citizens hunting victims of the beast plague, not realizing they themselves are afflicted. The most basic enemy type in the game, they come in a variety of flavors. Not terribly threatening on their own, for their strength lies in numbers. Groups should be approached with caution.

Rabid Dog
Yharnam dogs driven rabid by feasting on the corpses of those afflicted with the beast plague. Fast and aggressive, they can easily stunlock you. Best taken out quick, which is helped by their low health.

Carrion Crow
Crows that have grown bloated from feasting on corpses in Yharnam. Lethargic when you're at a distance, they'll suddenly spring to action when close, so are best taken out with a long weapon or projectile.

Labyrinth Rat
Overgrown rats that wander Yharnam's sewers. Not terribly dangerous alone, but can be tricky if encountered in large numbers.

Large Huntsman
A Yharnam hunter in the late stages of the plague. Partially transformed, they lack a true beast's fear of fire but possess their fearsome strength. Can perform dangerous combos if allowed.

Huntsman's Minion
A plague victim covered with bandages, these brutes hit as hard as the bricks they wield. Their slow attacks make them easy to predict, however.

Executioner
A fearsome axe-wielding warrior not to be taken lightly. Boasting high health and defense he requires many hits to be taken down, made all the more difficult by his quick and heavy-hitting attacks. Better off avoided.

Scourge Beast
Full-transformed victims of the plague. They are aggressive, powerful, and are rarely by their lonesome. They are however extremely weak to fire, making Molotov Cocktails very effective against them.

Saw Cleaver posted:

One of the trick weapons of the workshop, commonly used in the hunting business.

This saw, effective at drawing the blood of beasts, transforms into a long cleaver that makes use of centrifugal force.

The saw, with its set of blood-letting teeth, has become a symbol of the hunt, and only grows in effectiveness the more grotesquely transformed the beast.
One of three weapons offered by the Messengers at the start of the Hunter's Dream. Features a short saw form that boasts quick and damaging attacks, as well as an extended cleaver form that has considerably more range, but it slower and less damaging. This weapons scales roughly evenly with both strength and skill (with strength being slightly superior), so leveling either will increase its damage. This weapons has a hidden property in its non-transformed state, where it does 20% extra damage to enemies vulnerable to serrated weapons, such as beasts.

Hunter Pistol posted:

Pistol made at the workshop, for hunters stalking beasts.

Hunter firearms are specially crafted to employ Quicksilver Bullets fused with the wielder's own blood, boosting damage against beasts.

The pistol is a quicker draw than the blunderbuss, allowing for speedier responses to attacks.
One of two firearms offered by the Messengers at the start of the Hunter's Dream. The Hunter Pistol fires one projectile per bullet used, so shots must be well-aimed to hit, but it boasts greater range and speed than firearms with spreadshots such as the Blunderbuss. Its damage can be raised by increasing your Bloodtinge stat.

Torch posted:

A common torch formed by wrapping a pine resin-drenched cloth around the end of a long stick.

Hunters choose torches not only because the hunt leads them to the darkest nooks, but also because certain creatures they encounter are possessed of a deathly fear of flame.

Wielded in the left hand in lace of a firearm. Provides additional illumination and is useful in darker areas. Can be used as a weapon, but its poor damage makes it an ineffective one, even against beasts.

Black Hood, Foreign Garb, and Foreign Trousers posted:

Hood worn upon awakening to the nightmare of blood and beasts.

Perhaps its wearer had to stay out of sight, and travel by cover of darkness.

Without memory, who will ever know?

Sullied Bandage posted:

Bandage worn upon awakening to the nightmare of blood and beasts. Terribly worn and unsanitary.

A faint memory recalls blood ministration, involving the transfusion of unknown blood.

Not long after, the nightmare began.

Hunter Hat posted:

One of the standard articles of hunter attire fashioned at the workshop.

A fine piece of hunter attire that provides stable defense to anyone facing Yharnam's beastly threat.

Recognizable by its withered feathers, this cap is fashioned after one of the old hunters.

Hunter Garb posted:

One of the standard articles of hunter attire fashioned at the workshop, accompanied with a short cape to wipe away blood.

A fine piece of hunter attire that provides stable defense to anyone facing Yharnam's beastly threat.

Allows one to stalk beasts unannounced, by cover of night.

Hunter Gloves and Hunter Trousers posted:

One of the standard articles of hunter attire fashioned at the workshop.

Allows one to stalk beasts unannounced, by cover of night.

Blood Vial posted:

Special blood used in ministration. Restores HP.

Once a patient has had their blood ministered, a unique but common treatment in Yharnam, successive infusions recall the first, and are all the more invigorating for it.

No surprised that most Yharnamites are heavy users of blood.

Quicksilver Bullet posted:

Special bullets used with hunter firearms.

Ordinary bullets have no effect on beasts, and so Quicksilver Bullets, fused with the wielder's own blood, must be employed.

The strength of Quicksilver Bullets depends greatly upon the wielder's bloodtinge.

Iosefka's Blood Vial posted:

Blood vial acquired from the lady doctor at Iosefka's clinic.

This refined blood, highly invigorating, restores a larger amount of HP.

This rare blood vial is a product of a slow and careful refinement process, likely devised by the doctor herself.

Molotov Cocktail posted:

Explodes in raging flames when thrown against an object. One of the oldest hunter tools available in the workshop.

Since the tragedy that struck Old Yharnam, fire has become a stable in beast hunts, and is thought to cleanse impurity.

Certain types of beasts have an abnormal fear of flame.

Pebble posted:

Small pebbles found throughout Yharnam.

Can be thrown at foes.

Quite thrilling.

Oil Urn posted:

When this urn hits its mark, the target is drenched in oil, and made extremely flammable.

Fire is commonplace on the hunt, and oil urns accentuate its effect. Sometimes, when hunters burn beasts, they appear intoxicated by the euphoria of purification.

Pungent Blood Cocktail posted:

Mature blood cocktail that releases a pungent odor when thrown that attracts blood-thirsty beasts.

A precious tool in sadly short supply. In Yharnam, they produce more blood than alcohol, as the former is more intoxicating.

Shining Coins posted:

Various coins that are particularly luminous.

There are very few uses for spare change during the hunt, but these will serve as guides through the darkness.

Or, one could save them until morning, if it ever comes.

Coldblood Dew (1) posted:

Droplet of coldblood containing Blood Echoes.

Use to gain Blood Echoes.

Hunters sustained by the dream gain strength from Blood Echoes. They imbibe the blood with thoughts of reverence, indeed gratitude, for their victims.

Blood Stone Shard posted:

A solid shard that forms in coldblood.

After death, a substance in the blood hardens, and that which does not crystalize is called a blood stone.

At the workshop, these bloodstones are embedded in weapons to fortify them.

Hunter's Mark posted:

Dangling, upside-down rune etched in one's mind. Symbol of a hunter.

By focusing one's thoughts on this rune, a hunter loses all Blood Echoes, but awakes afresh, as if it were all just a bad dream.

Notebook posted:

Messengers are inhabitants of the dream who revere the brave hunters. Use them to send messages to other worlds.

Leave notes with messengers, read the notes left to messengers in other worlds, and rate notes to reach out to hunters across planes of existence.

Note: Online use only. Cannot use this item offline.

Genocyber fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Aug 28, 2015

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit
Nice first video, I was waiting for a complete/informative play-through to finally watch the game. (by the way, you forgot to catch the item you missed when falling on the sewer area, probably just some blood echoes or something non-important, maybe show it later).

I know that I can pause, and for item descriptions and other big texts it's better to let the viewer pause and read, but for those small notes please wait a few more seconds :)

Maybe add a section/posts for "items thus far" with descriptions/screen-shots instead of showing in-game

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

ZZZorcerer posted:

Nice first video, I was waiting for a complete/informative play-through to finally watch the game. (by the way, you forgot to catch the item you missed when falling on the sewer area, probably just some blood echoes or something non-important, maybe show it later).

Yeah it's just a coldblood. I'll mention it in the next video.

quote:

I know that I can pause, and for item descriptions and other big texts it's better to let the viewer pause and read, but for those small notes please wait a few more seconds :)

You mean the player messages? Or the lore messages the developers left? I'll be sure to do that either way. I'm a quick reader so I'm never sure how much time extra I should give for others to be able to read it.

quote:

Maybe add a section/posts for "items thus far" with descriptions/screen-shots instead of showing in-game

That's a good idea actually. I'll probably continue to show at least some (the more notable ones) in the videos, but either way I'll definitely have all the items encountered in an episode in the update post. I'll get around to updating the first update post with that sometime tomorrow, probably.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Lovely. Like any good Souls series game, Bloodborne is the sort of thing you can get multiple LPs of.

AllisonByProxy
Feb 24, 2006

FUCK TERFS/BLM/ACAB
Love this game. I'll be following this. Thanks!

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Hang on, that character model that you start out with; is that the default model? If so, that's highly appropriate considering the game.

Edit: Also, what do the villagers yell at you? Sounds like they're saying 'Curse ye beasts'?

Samovar fucked around with this message at 08:42 on Aug 15, 2015

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
I am one of those total crazies who bought a PS4 just for this game. I don't regret it.
It's a great game. A bit lacking in customization and amount and openness of lore (but not quality) but the atmosphere is absolutely top notch. I'd even say it surpasses Demon's Souls it terms of Atmosphere which had some good stuff going with the Tower of Latria or the Valley of Defilement. And the gameplay is fantastic despite the lack of options I love so much about Souls games.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

IGgy IGsen posted:

I am one of those total crazies who bought a PS4 just for this game. I don't regret it.
It's a great game. A bit lacking in customization and amount and openness of lore (but not quality) but the atmosphere is absolutely top notch. I'd even say it surpasses Demon's Souls it terms of Atmosphere which had some good stuff going with the Tower of Latria or the Valley of Defilement. And the gameplay is fantastic despite the lack of options I love so much about Souls games.

I'd say that with weapons transforming it's about changing the type of depth you go for. Magic isn't as much of a thing in this game as in the Souls games but it's still possible.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Samovar posted:

Hang on, that character model that you start out with; is that the default model? If so, that's highly appropriate considering the game.

What do you mean by the character model? If you mean the face that was something I made with the character creator.

IGgy IGsen posted:

:homebrew::hf::homebrew:

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit

Genocyber posted:

You mean the player messages? Or the lore messages the developers left? I'll be sure to do that either way. I'm a quick reader so I'm never sure how much time extra I should give for others to be able to read it.
The lore ones

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Genocyber posted:

What do you mean by the character model? If you mean the face that was something I made with the character creator.

The very first character on the character screen looked VERY similar to Count Dracula; or so I thought.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
This is good and that's fine

AllisonByProxy
Feb 24, 2006

FUCK TERFS/BLM/ACAB
Very informative first video. I did want to point out however that it is possible to reach the Cleric Beast without encountering the 2 scourge beasts on the bridge using a shortcut early in the area(directly to your left at about 26 minutes into the video). I prepared this short video showing off what I mean: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WMxh1oLfes

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Jesus there is so much poo poo I missed just in this first area. Maybe I wouldn't have given up at the second boss if I was better at exploring. Also didn't know about the heart-stab thing you can do when an enemy is stunned. You're really good at this game OP.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

ZZZorcerer posted:

The lore ones

'Kay.

Samovar posted:

The very first character on the character screen looked VERY similar to Count Dracula; or so I thought.

Oh yeah, that's the default male model. I wouldn't be surprised if that's intentional, though to my knowledge, no was has ever asked Miyazaki if that is the case.

AllisonByProxy posted:

Very informative first video. I did want to point out however that it is possible to reach the Cleric Beast without encountering the 2 scourge beasts on the bridge using a shortcut early in the area(directly to your left at about 26 minutes into the video). I prepared this short video showing off what I mean: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WMxh1oLfes

Yeah, I know about that shortcut, I just forgot to show it off in the video. :v: Thanks for mentioning it, I should be able to include it in the next video.

bradzilla posted:

Jesus there is so much poo poo I missed just in this first area. Maybe I wouldn't have given up at the second boss if I was better at exploring. Also didn't know about the heart-stab thing you can do when an enemy is stunned. You're really good at this game OP.

Yeah, there's a lot of mechanical stuff like that can be easy to miss. That in particular is told to you via a developer message in the Dream (which I'll be showing off next video when I explore that area a bit more) but it's very easy to miss.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
This looks like a great companion run to slowbeef's bumbling around. Gonna watch with interest.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Game is good. It is GotE. Game of the Ever.

Fear the old blood.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Nice, I've been waiting for a way to actually see what this is like that doesn't involve spending hundreds of pounds on a console.

Also, it's a small thing, but your header image is slightly table breaking.

warhammer651
Jul 21, 2012
Jesus, you were way more aggressive in that first courtyard than I was. It's pretty easy to get a couple to peel off a couple at a time without drawing the ire of the gunners.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

I updated the first update to include all the weapon, consumables, and armor pieces obtained in the first episode.

MooCowlian posted:

Nice, I've been waiting for a way to actually see what this is like that doesn't involve spending hundreds of pounds on a console.

Also, it's a small thing, but your header image is slightly table breaking.

Which one, the one at the top of the first post, or the update one? Or both?

warhammer651 posted:

Jesus, you were way more aggressive in that first courtyard than I was. It's pretty easy to get a couple to peel off a couple at a time without drawing the ire of the gunners.

In retrospect that would have been a good place for me to show off Pebbles. I don't think I could have gotten too many more with Pebbles though, I remember most of them being far enough away that you aggro the riflemen before getting close enough to nail them with one.

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"
You appear to be disturbingly competent at this game, Genocyber. Very interesting first video -- like anilEhilated said, makes for an excellent counterpoint to slowbeef's misadventures.

Also, thank you for adding the item pics/descripts to your post. I remember how much of the atmosphere in DS came through the blurbs, and if it's even a fraction as rich, they'll make for some good reading.

Looking forward to seeing how deep this game goes.

warhammer651
Jul 21, 2012

Genocyber posted:

In retrospect that would have been a good place for me to show off Pebbles. I don't think I could have gotten too many more with Pebbles though, I remember most of them being far enough away that you aggro the riflemen before getting close enough to nail them with one.
You can pebble most of them from some of the broken railings along the ledge, and you can drop off behind the rifleman on the ground and kill him without alerting the mob. There's a couple that wander around in that back area, but if you wait for them to leave you get a nice little spot you can lure them into without the stagecoach rifle being able to hit you.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

warhammer651 posted:

You can pebble most of them from some of the broken railings along the ledge, and you can drop off behind the rifleman on the ground and kill him without alerting the mob. There's a couple that wander around in that back area, but if you wait for them to leave you get a nice little spot you can lure them into without the stagecoach rifle being able to hit you.

I've actually tried that before (albeit with Molotovs to thin the herd a little) and they always ended up hitting an invisible wall a bit above the fence. Guess I was standing in the wrong spot.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Genocyber posted:

Which one, the one at the top of the first post, or the update one? Or both?

Top of the first post.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
Are you going to show off what happens with high insight? I got the game at launch and I enjoy sunbroing (gunbroing?) so I hung out in Central assisting for quite awhile and then couldn't figure out...well, you know. I think I had 35 before someone mentioned it in the thread. :gonk:

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

SubponticatePoster posted:

Are you going to show off what happens with high insight? I got the game at launch and I enjoy sunbroing (gunbroing?) so I hung out in Central assisting for quite awhile and then couldn't figure out...well, you know. I think I had 35 before someone mentioned it in the thread. :gonk:

I'll be showing off pretty much everything in the game, so yeah.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
Sweet. I'm just average at the game so there are things I'm better off not doing. :v:

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Picked up this game a bit ago, got sucked way too into the grinding in attempt to beat that first optional boss. Really feel like I'm missing out on a lot that I don't know is out there so I'm glad you're gonna show off everything

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

I also got the PS4 for this game, then got it at launch, and still haven't beaten it. Like the original Demon's Souls, this one has taken me a bit to find a groove (and a moment when my kids aren't around to either scream about the monsters or taunt me for dying :razz:). I've gotten more done this weekend than I have since I bought it. It's nice to have informative LPs on hand for guidance.

marshmallow creep fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Aug 17, 2015

Mr. Whale
Apr 9, 2009
Looking forward to you showing off this game since I'll probably never buy a ps4 for it.

You might wanna shrink the images a touch. It's going to get very cluttered if you're doing that for every item.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Mr. Whale posted:

Looking forward to you showing off this game since I'll probably never buy a ps4 for it.

You might wanna shrink the images a touch. It's going to get very cluttered if you're doing that for every item.

Good suggestion. I timg'd all the items, and also changed how the armor pieces are laid out (especially since multiple pieces of the same set tend to have the exact same descriptions).

Update coming today at noon-ish (EST).

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Episode 2 - Yharnam Sewers

Rotted Corpse
Half-rotted corpses that have lost the use of their legs. They lie in wait to snare unwary hunters.

Maneater Boar
The target of the old Yharnam pastime of boar fisting.

Kirkhammer posted:

A trick weapon typically used by Healing Church hunters. On the one side, an easily handled silver sword.

On the other, a giant obtuse stone weapon, characterized by a blunt strike and extreme force of impact.

The Church takes a heavy-handed, merciless stance toward the plague of beasts, an irony not lost upon the wielders of this most symbolic weapon.

Sword Hunter Badge posted:

One of the badges crafted by the Healing Church. The silver sword is a symbol of a Church hunter.

Ludwig was the first of many Healing Church hunters to come, many of whom were clerics. As it was, clerics transformed into the most hideous beasts.

Bold Hunter's Mark posted:

Dangling, upside-down rune etched in the mind of a hunter.

The image upon this parchment allows one to envision the rune with clarity.

Allows a hunter to awaken again without losing Blood Echoes, a trick that seems nearly too good to be true.

Hand Lantern posted:

Small portable lantern.

This hunting accessory provides light while leaving both hands free to hold weapons.

The torch, however, provides a stronger source of light.

Throwing Knife posted:

Throwing knife with a finely serrated blade. One of of the old hunter Henryk's favorite weapons.

Does not cause a great deal of damage to beasts, but with deft use, can distract attackers and keep them at bay.

Madman's Knowledge posted:

Skull of a madman touched by the wisdom of the Great Ones.

Use to gain Insight.

Making contact with eldritch wisdom is a blessing, for even if it drives one mad, it allows one to serve a grander purpose, for posterity.

Tiny Music Box posted:

A small music box received from a young Yharnam girl. Plays a song shared by her mother and father.

Inside the lid is a small scrap of paper, perhaps an old message. Two names can be made out, however faintly.

Viola and Gascoigne.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
One thing I don't think you mentioned (unless I gloriously missed it somehow, which might have happened because I was distracted at one point) is that you can wait until Big Daddy G transforms to use the Music Box. It'll give you a free backstab or you can just lob molotovs at him. Personally I never really used it. I know a lot of people have trouble with this fight their first time around but I never really died to The Original G. It's kinda funny because I actually have a lot of trouble with a later boss most people find really easy. Of course, people having different strengths and weaknesses in their gameplay is perfectly normal but the difference here is night and day. Maybe I'll get more of a chance to talk about that later down the road.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

So how does the lore handle summoning again; is it like Dark Souls where time is weird, nebulous and hand-wavey?

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

IGgy IGsen posted:

One thing I don't think you mentioned (unless I gloriously missed it somehow, which might have happened because I was distracted at one point) is that you can wait until Big Daddy G transforms to use the Music Box. It'll give you a free backstab or you can just lob molotovs at him. Personally I never really used it. I know a lot of people have trouble with this fight their first time around but I never really died to The Original G. It's kinda funny because I actually have a lot of trouble with a later boss most people find really easy. Of course, people having different strengths and weaknesses in their gameplay is perfectly normal but the difference here is night and day. Maybe I'll get more of a chance to talk about that later down the road.

Yeah, I forgot to mention you can use it once after he transforms.

Samovar posted:

So how does the lore handle summoning again; is it like Dark Souls where time is weird, nebulous and hand-wavey?

More or less. Just the occasional mention of "other worlds" in things like the Small Resonant Bell item description.

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"
Interesting update. Are there any options for Gascoigne?

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Ghostwoods posted:

Interesting update. Are there any options for Gascoigne?

If you mean anything other than kill him, then nope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"

Genocyber posted:

If you mean anything other than kill him, then nope.

Ah well. Too bad, so sad, rest in chunks. :freep:

• Locked thread