Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
Too bad this entire event was Non-Canon, but good effort on the LP Alien.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
The ending narration really seems to care about the humans for some reason. I mean, I know the game is being played by humans, but they didn't choose to play AS the humans, right?

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Glazius posted:

The ending narration really seems to care about the humans for some reason. I mean, I know the game is being played by humans, but they didn't choose to play AS the humans, right?

The narrative device of the campaign is that it's an Imperial scholar telling the story of the Dark Crusade on Kronus. IIRC there's unused dialogue in the game's files that make it more explicit, citing each victory narration as being from an Imperial history book.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

One thing that I really dislike about the early Dawn of War games is the complete lack of Tyranids, heck Soulstorm manages to have nearly every race except Tyranids and the endless number of unique space marine chapters. What's especially annoying is Dawn Of War 2 does have them but I hate almost everything about the multiplayer of that game and find it a poor representation of Tyranids anyway, I think the Dawn of War resource method would've worked if like the Necrons they had only one resource but they went the other way, instead of power they use a version of requisition called Biomass.

Although the Last Stand is great and the Playable Hive Tyrant in that game is a massive Beast that just walks all over the enemy units, which is pretty accurate.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
It's kinda hard to do them justice in a game about small skirmishes.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Wot a rubbish ending that was. Da Tau winnin' da game? Buncha rot, dat is. Oi, you dere.
Yeah, boss?
You get dat package sent off like I askered yer to?
Yeah, put it right in the mail, I did.
Heh heh heh, good, good. And did yer use express post?
What? No, boss, just da regular mail.
You wot?
I, uh, I used der regular mail.
You soddin idiot! Whaddya have ta go and do dat for?
I, I, I thought I'd save us a coupler bucks!
You filthy grot-lover. You've messed up me new Waaagh!
They said it should only take a week at most.
And you believed them? You got squigs fer brains? Da Kronus Post is da worst in da galaxy. "A week at most." Man alive. Might as well take a vacation.
I'm sorry, boss.
Ya, well, sorry ain't gonna make it right, will it?

Will it???
N-no, it won't.
Dat's right. It won't. Now get out of me sight.

*a few weeks later, in Or'es Tash'n*

O'Kais, you've received a package. No return address on it. It's pretty beat up. And it smells.
Oooo, stuff! Gimme, gimme, gimme!
O'Kais, what is it? O'Kais? Uh, O'Kais?
B-by the Ethereals. I--I'm going to need some time alone. Leave me.
O, okay?
So it has come to this...

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

anilEhilated posted:

It's kinda hard to do them justice in a game about small skirmishes.

Which is why I kind of wish Soulstorm had used them instead of the Dark Eldar or Sisters of Battle. A fight over an entire sector as part of the campaign would work really well as a motivation for Tyranids, and give a fairly unique ending. It helps that I think the Dawn of War 1 system would've worked way better for Tyranids as you can have them slowly taking over the map with Tyrannoformation and building up bigger and more monstrous creatures as they get more biomass, or just an endless swarm of really small creatures.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3472Q6kvg0

Well, all's well that ends-

Blind Sally posted:

So it has come to this...

... well? :ohdear:

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013
Looks like he's going to learn why you don't mess with the Orks!

:orks101:

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
Bomb squig handling procedures:
1: Don't

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Orks is fun.

Prepare for carpet squigging.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

W.T. Fits posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3472Q6kvg0

Well, all's well that ends-

... well? :ohdear:

Whatsit? You'ze worried 'bout cher Greyskin buddy? Heh heh, don't be such a snotling.

NewMars posted:

Looks like he's going to learn why you don't mess with the Orks!

:orks101:

Yeh, dis boyz' got it roight.

habituallyred posted:

Bomb squig handling procedures:
1: Don't

Roight you is. Smart advice. You a mekboy?

my dad posted:

Orks is fun.

Prepare for carpet squigging.

Dem Flyboyz'o mine can't keep dere planes in da air long enough to do dat. We'ze gonna have ta go in on foot, see?

Oh! Hold on, it'z startin'.

Heh heh, dat Greyskin, O'Kais, won't know what hit'im.

O'Kais, are our troops ready?

O'Kais?
H-huh? What?
I said, "Are our troops ready?"
What? Oh, yeah, sure, sure, whatever. They're ready.

The Earth Caste is completing construction of the Mont'ka Command Post.
The, uh, Earth Caste is complete construction of the, uh--
The Mont'ka Command Post.
--The Mont'ka Command Place.
Our armoured units are ready to--
They, have, uh, the units have to--
--strike the killing blow.
--strike the killing blow.

O'Kais, I'm really not comfortable wearing your Crisis Suit. When are you coming back? Where are you?
S'fine, s'fine. Don't worry about it. Soon, soon.

And our Kroot allies?
Oh for fu--
Excuse me?
Sorry, I'm just, uh, busy. Busy working with our Kroot allies. Uh, Shaper, please, uh, please elaborate for me.

*sigh* Also ready, Aun'el. The Kauyon Command Post in the Kroot Quarter is prepared. My Shapers have readied he finest warriors to fight for the Tau.

Stealth teams are taking positions across the city, ready to strike where the enemy is weak.

Strike teams of Fire Warriors and Kroot packs will defend the streets and meet the enemy head on.
Yeah, what he said.

Excellent, Commander. I know that as long as you are in charge of the city's defenses, no ill will come our way.
Yeah, don't worry about it. I got it covered.

Patch me through to the troops, please.

Soldiers of the Fire Caste! Kroot and Vespid allies! Today, we stand as a bulwark against the selfish, the soulless, and the mad! Today, we drive back our enemies from our city and from our world! Today, more than ever before, we fight for the Greater Good! And we will triumph!

Nice speech. Long'n borin'. 'xactly what a speech should be, I suppose. It's too bad yer O'Kais is indisposed of. Heh.

So what now, Boss?
With O'Kais out'o da picture, we kill'is Greyskin Boss.
Sounds like a good time, heh heh heh.

Oi, Boss, dey're attackin'!
You are an affront to the Greater Good, Ork!
You callin' me names, Greyskin? Me boyz are gonna hafta teach ya some mannerz.
Typical. O'Kais, eliminate this pest.

O'Kais?

O'Kais!!
Huh, what? Oh, yeah, sure, whatever. I'll take care of it. Yo, uh, Fire Warriors. Do your thing and stuff.

Dey don't seem as hard as dey used to, boss.
They aren't organized. Without dere leader, dere a bunch o'useless gits.

Chop'em up, Boyz!

Oh Ethereals, they're killing us! Where's O'Kais? He'd know what to do!

Command posts, report.
Mont'ka Command Post online, Aun'el. Crisis Suits ready for combat.
The Kauyon Post is safe in the Kroot Quarter. We will defend it, commander.
Excellent. Send strike teams at the enemy, but protect your positions!

They'ze got dere especial bases set up on either direction, Boss.

Hmmm.

Well, judgin' from da fight dey're puttin' up right now, it won't matter which way we attack first.

Heh heh, lookit this, Boss! No hands!

Alright, listen up, Ork Council--dat's right Ork Council. I can be democratic, just like dat Greyskin, O'Kais. I'm gonna let you all make da decision. Do we go left and blow up dere wannabe Mek Boyz, do we go right and blow up dere (admittedly, pretty good at fightin') Kroot Boyz, or do we sez "zog it all!" and rush right up da middle to dere HQ?

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
ZOG IT ALL AND LEG IT TO THE SPEECH GIVIN' GIT

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Crump everyfin, startun from there bigges kroot boyz.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
You wanna steal all the best bitz from da fake mekz

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Wez should go left Boss! Dat way da Kroot Boyz have time ta get more of 'em soz we can have an even bigger fight!

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015
We'z gonna show dat da ORKZ is best at fightin'. Dem Kroots is tryin' ta muscle in on our terri- ...our tettir- ...Our turf! Mash 'em up, boyz!

trivialrealities
Feb 18, 2013
Dis 'ere be da time to dem-... demon-... show some roight brutal kunnin', boss. I sayz you krump dere kroot boyz AN' dere mekboyz, so youz can krump dere speechifying git roight an' proppa. And den jump up and down on da bits dat are left.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Ork Kouncil, surely boss?

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
We're da Orks, and we was made ta fight and win. Go right, fight da Kroot gitz.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

I sayz the greyskin gitz ain't a fight at all!

Skip town and go scrag some of them space marines!

We want some real action, not just more muckin' about!

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

goatface posted:

You wanna steal all the best bitz from da fake mekz

Lootin can be for later, afta the fightin' ya git

trivialrealities posted:

Dis 'ere be da time to dem-... demon-... show some roight brutal kunnin', boss. I sayz you krump dere kroot boyz AN' dere mekboyz, so youz can krump dere speechifying git roight an' proppa. And den jump up and down on da bits dat are left.

See youz tryin' to do too much at once. gotta put all da WAAAGH inta sumtin' or none!

I'm tellin' ya knobs straight to the top!

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Oi! Da grayskin is buzy playin' da mighty magic heroes instead o' fighting, ain' he? Stomp dem kroots! Show those squigg pets wha' it means ta melee.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
'ow iz dis even up fer d'bate? Zog it all, down the middle, WAAAAGH!

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Krump de Kroots!

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.
Oi, boss. Our boyz still mad bout the last base. I sez we reminds em that orkses are da best. Hit da shiny Tau for the best lootz! Then we haz a right good fight fer kroot. Your Waaauugh!!! will be bigger an bettah.

:orks101: :orks101: WAAAAAAUUUUUGHHHHH!!! :orks101: :orks101:

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Le's go krump dem Kroot boyz, show 'em wot a roight proppa stompin' looks like!

:orks101: :orks101: WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!! :orks101: :orks101:

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
:orks101: :orks101: WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!! :orks101: :orks101:

Go fer da FLASHEST BITS from der Meks, Boss

theblastizard
Nov 5, 2009
I sayz we go Krump dere puny warboss!! Dat wayz we getz in da biggest scrap!

WAAUGH!

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Zog it all!

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
Get those meks. Maybe keep a few around as Diggas, so they can show you how to make your guns flash like theirs.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

AJ_Impy posted:

Zog it all!

Oy! I think this flash git has been a thinky one! We don't need to slug it out with the zoggin' Tau when we can just let 'em kill themselves. Every second we're fightin' 'em is a second wa ain't gettin' into a propah zoggin' scrap! We should go off and skrag some of them spiny gits for the greater good!

...I mean WAAAGHHH. I did not reference the Greater Good.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

chiasaur11 posted:

Oy! I think this flash git has been a thinky one! We don't need to slug it out with the zoggin' Tau when we can just let 'em kill themselves. Every second we're fightin' 'em is a second wa ain't gettin' into a propah zoggin' scrap! We should go off and skrag some of them spiny gits for the greater good!

...I mean WAAAGHHH. I did not reference the Greater Good.
Oi! Dis here Ork got da wrong color and metal bit on iz 'head! Pass me my shoota, commencing dakka surgery!

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

ZOG IT ALL, BOSS!

Luhood
Nov 13, 2012
Oight, listen 'ere ya squig-farmers! Dose grey-skins wouldn't know a good slog if it so bit 'em in their shiny, metal rear end. Dose Kroot Boyz, dat's where the real fight is at! So save it for last!

Stomp their shiny gits to the west, loot their tanks and Orkify them, then take the fight to the Kroot and show them what a real warrior looks like!

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

Oi, boss I wuz talkin' wit 'he Meks and they sayz that theyz can takez them Devi...Devilf...hover thingiez and make soggin' fast flying truckz so we can get to da fight fasta! We needs to stomp them' enemy Mekz to da west!

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

anilEhilated posted:

Oi! Dis here Ork got da wrong color and metal bit on iz 'head! Pass me my shoota, commencing dakka surgery!

It just means I'm lucky, ya gitz!

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
KRUMP DA KROOT! Dey got green skins too, and if deyz green, dat means dey can fight! And dat'salotta fun!

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

CommissarMega posted:

KRUMP DA KROOT!

Orkz iz made fer fightin', and da kroot iz da best fightin' the greyskins got!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
It warms me 'eart to know so many Orks 'ere know when to Zog it. The rest of ya are gits

• Locked thread