Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JohnOfOrdo3
Nov 7, 2011

My other car is an asteroid
:black101:
Whenever I play this game I always go for Necrons or Imperial Guard. So I'm saddling up with Da boyz to see something a little different.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JohnOfOrdo3
Nov 7, 2011

drat I missed a trick there! I could have made a crisis suit or broadside for the lp!

JohnOfOrdo3
Nov 7, 2011

I did a tiny let's play of the game. Part of it is building your own mecha suits to make stupid broken robots to shoot mans with. I could probably have pulled off a pretty accurate crisis suit within the game's garage.

JohnOfOrdo3
Nov 7, 2011

Blind Sally posted:

That sounds brilliant. I've never played a Front Mission game, which one is worth playing to build Tau Battlesuit knock-offs?

Front Mission Evolved. It's stupid and dumb and pretty good fun. Although the multiplayer is long dead. I'll have a mess about with it and see if I can make any suits. God I hope my save is still there with all the pieces.

JohnOfOrdo3
Nov 7, 2011

Dr. Snark posted:

Speaking of which, do you plan on getting your LP of it archived any time soon? Because I'd hate to see such an entertaining LP go to waste.

I'd have to look into how to do that. I'll also have to see if I ever finish the final video. I think the forums went down and by the time it was back, so was my thread. Hopefully I didn't delete the videos like a nobhead.

Turns out I didn't I've still got all the bits of the final level waiting in my editing folder. Fancy. There goes the rest of my weekend.

malkav11 posted:

It's important to note that Front Mission Evolved (which is a mech action game) is almost completely unrelated to the main Front Mission series, which is a bunch of tactical JRPGs about mech combat. I think most people would say the latter are significantly better, but you probably can't build Tau battlesuits in them.

Oh yeah it's a complete departure from the rest of the series and not representative of the series at all.

Anyway, back to the 40ks. I'm kind of sad they never included the tyranids in this version of Dawn of War, they would have worked really well as an army. Rather than the more tactical gameplay we got in Dawn of War 2. Then again I guess we already had one melee swarm army in the orks. So maybe they couldn't make them unique enough?

• Locked thread