Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
You said the job of a letterer is the "placement of dialogue, word balloons, sound effects, and other kinds". Does the writer usually tell you exactly what font they want or do you have some say in that?
Do you end up designing how sound effects look or is that something the artist does?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

RazNation posted:

MoS, I have a question for you that has been on my mind for a while.

A looooonnnngggg time ago, there were comic books which were larger than the standard book. Almost the size of a newspaper but was bonded just like a comic book.

These were typically science fiction adult theme (graphic and story line) booklets with plots you might see on a modern day 'Twilight Zone' kind of show.

The graphics were all monochrome though with the stories only being about three to four pages long. Usually had about three to four stories in one book.

I don't remember any of the names of the publications but I was wondering if you knew what type of comic book these were called.

They came out around the mid 1970s.

I don't know if he has an answer for that but it's not really a question about lettering.
Here are two threads in BSS that might be better suited to your question
General chat thread
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3691720
Q&A thread
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3611360

• Locked thread