Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
I've only seen a bit of Haruhi, the first episode of K-On and the entirety of two other shows so this is all I can give you. I have seen a bit of episode 1 of Euphonium, but not enough to count.

1. Nichijou
2. K-On!
3. The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
4. Amagi Brilliant Park

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
1) FMP
2) Amagi Brilliant Park
3) Nichijou
(I guess ?)
3)

And that's it. I guess I will eventually finish Hyouka some day, but I don't have anything positive to say about Haruhi or any of those other shows I avoided like the plague.

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
1) Hyouka
2) Nichijou
3) K-On!
4) Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions (first season was good, second season was unbearable when not The Dekomori+Nibutani Show)
5) The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
6) Lucky Star
7)
8)
9)
10) Beyond the Boundary (Kyokai no Kanata) is shunted all the way down here because it was really, really bad.

When I list them out like this, I haven't actually seen most of Kyoani's shows. Gotta watch that show about a trumpet

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

I guess I should have added this into the initial rules, but if you're curious:

Sakurazuka posted:

1 Hyouka
2 Euphonium
3 Haruhi season 1
4 Amagi

9 Free season 1
10 Beyond the Boundary

Those are all the KyoAni shows I've seen all of.

This is perfectly acceptable (not voting for certain slots).

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

you know this is a cool thread, but a better poll thread would be whether people who like K-On more than Nichijou actually have human souls (no offense intended (I don't think I'm doing my cause any favors))

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

HellCopter posted:

When I list them out like this, I haven't actually seen most of Kyoani's shows. Gotta watch that show about a trumpet

One of the outcomes of this data will be "overrated" and "underrated" shows, in addition to the popularity and favoritism, which might help you find your next series!

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Amagi was my #8 but I really do like it a whole lot, I might be willing to put it up over K-ON or FMP if it had another season. Really the only ones on my list that I'm rather ho-hum about are Lucky Star and Kanon.

Nate RFB fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Aug 15, 2015

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

AnacondaHL posted:

One of the outcomes of this data will be "overrated" and "underrated" shows, in addition to the popularity and favoritism, which might help you find your next series!

how can data tell me whether something is overrated or underrated?? what does that mean???

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

AnacondaHL posted:

There are polarizing data on the following series: Amagi Brilliant Park, Chuni, Lucky Star, Free, Hyouka, Tamako Market. If you've seen these series and have not voted, please vote! Your data matters!

alright

-1) Nichijou

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Sakurazuka posted:

Those are all the KyoAni shows I've seen all of.
Based on what I've seen you post/talk about in the shoujo/romance thread I think you would like CLANNAD.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Zas posted:

how can data tell me whether something is overrated or underrated?? what does that mean???

The difference between expected value and actual voting results. Since we expect people to watch and vote on series that they like, we can look for the opposite trends such as when a series gets a high score through less votes, or gets a low score with a lot of votes.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Davincie posted:

alright

-1) Nichijou

boo! boo! hisssss

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

AnacondaHL posted:

The difference between expected value and actual voting results. Since we expect people to watch and vote on series that they like, we can look for the opposite trends such as when a series gets a high score through less votes, or gets a low score with a lot of votes.

nice

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Nate RFB posted:

Based on what I've seen you post/talk about in the shoujo/romance thread I think you would like CLANNAD.

The derp faces put me off.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

AnacondaHL posted:

Kyoto Animation Co., Ltd. (株式会社京都アニメーション, Kabushiki-gaisha, Kyōto Animēshon), abbreviated KyoAni (京アニ), is a Japanese animation studio located in Uji, Kyoto Prefecture, Japan. It was established in 1981 and as of 2015, Kyoto Animation has headed production for 21 anime series.

Vote for which of these series you think is the best!

Voting rules:
  • Choose up to 10 series from the list below. You may vote for less than 10.
  • RANK THE SERIES. If you do not rank them, I will assume the order listed will be the rank, regardless of your post content.
  • Scores will be weighted by rank using the BBWAA MLB MVP voting scheme: 14 points for first, then 9 to 1 points for 2nd to 10th.
  • You may skip votes (such as voting for a top 3, then voting for a 6-8, etc.)
  • Putting the series names in b tags would be appreciated!
  • You can write a small blurb or whatever about why you ranked your titles, or just list them.
  • In general sequels have been combined to form 1 series. If there's an exception, or if you'd like to just vote for one of the seasons, please specify.
  • Do not bitch at or attack other people's votes (in this thread)
  • Optional: Add one -1st place vote for the series that you personally hate or can't stand that it's popular for some inconceivable reason and would want points deducted from that series' score. I'll consider factoring this into the final tally.

Copy-Paste this for your post!
code:
[b]1) Best series[/b] - This KyoAni show is the best because words
[b]2) [/b] 
[b]3) [/b] 
[b]4) [/b] 
[b]5) [/b] 
[b]6) [/b] 
[b]7) [/b] 
[b]8) [/b] 
[b]9) [/b] 
[b]10) [/b] 
The List:

Voting will be open at my discretion, i.e. when there's enough data to declare a final results. Final data will be made public at some point during or after the voting.

:thumbsup:

1. Suzumiya Haruhi no Shoushitsu
2. Lucky star
3. K-ON!!
4. Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu (2009)
5. K-ON!
6. Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu (2006)

clamp down and keep going
Jun 19, 2013
1) K-On!
2) Sound! Euphonium
3) Nichijou
4) Hyouka
5)
6)
7) Amagi Brilliant Park
8) The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
9) Clannad S1
10) Kanon

I only came back watching anime after a break starting around the time Nichijou was airing. So anything before Nichijou is my impression after re-watching. I don't like Lucky Star and Air enough to put on the list, anything else I haven't seen.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Sakurazuka posted:

The derp faces put me off.
The VN has it pretty bad but the anime mostly normalized them. It's the same basic character design they've had in just about every show since then outside of Nichijou.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

-1. Hyouka

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
1) Nichijou
2) Clannad
3) Haruhi
4) Sound Euphonium
5) Kanon
6) Amagi Brilliant Park
7) Hyouka
8) Air
9) K-on
10) Lucky Channel

-1) Beyond the Boundary

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

Pewdiepie posted:

-1. Hyouka

why pewds?

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

i will give my -1 to nichijou

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
You betrayed me, Namtab

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.
1) Haruhi. I laughed, I cried, I was scared on physical and moral levels, I pondered the metaphysics of the universe all when the creators wanted me to. Very successful in achieving its aims.
2)Nichijou. I laughed my rear end off. Especially at 'popcorn'.
3) Amagi Brilliant Park Wonderful troll of its fanbase.
4) Kanon Made me sad, made me happy, achieved its goal (speaking as someone who has not read the VN). Also, had Yui Horie.
5) Hibike! Euphonium I empathized with Kumiko's social anxiety and her anxiety over her lack of skill on her musical instrument of choice
6)Lucky Star Pretty funny, pretty frequently, but not funny enough or frequently enough to displace shows higher up on the list.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I like nicijou, but I want k-on to win, plus I genuinely think k-on is better and not enough people seem to have watched it itt, which I will fix with the simulwatch

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
-1) K-On

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

don't troll plz

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

I like K-On and I'm not going to -1 just for politics, but I will be sad for the state of the forums and mankind if it wins the goon kyoani prize

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Namtab posted:

I like nicijou, but I want k-on to win, plus I genuinely think k-on is better and not enough people seem to have watched it itt, which I will fix with the simulwatch

Just for the record, you doing this doesn't really do much to the stats, and actually increases the popularity score of the series you hate.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

I haven't actually watched it I'm just being contrary.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

i.e. The stats won't lie, just speak true to your anime heart.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
1.) Hyouka
2.) Clannad + AS
3.) Haruhi
4.) Nichijou
5.) K-On
6.) Amagi
7.) Euphonium
8.) Lucky Star
9.) Fumoffu
10.) Air, but mostly for the last bit that was a slow-motion gut punch.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
I'm kind of surprised by people having Kanon in their lists but not Clannad, when the latter is almost straight up a better version of the former.

Blhue fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Aug 15, 2015

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

fine

1. K-On! + (2010) K-On!!
2. The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
3. Hyouka
4. Lucky Star
5. Sound! Euphonium
9. Nichijou
10. Free! + (2014) Free! Eternal Summer
11. Tamako Market
12. Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions + (2014) Love, Chunibyo and Other Delusions! -Heart Throb-

-1 nichijou

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Blhue posted:

I'm kind of surprised by people having Kanon in their lists but not Clannad, when the latter is almost straight up a better version of the former.

Overall Clannad is up on Kanon across all marks, but that's an interesting point.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
1) Euphonium
2) Nichijou

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I somehow completely missed Nichijou off my list and have amended it, please make sure it counts.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

AnacondaHL posted:

Just for the record, you doing this doesn't really do much to the stats, and actually increases the popularity score of the series you hate.

as long as you count all 10 of my k-on votes

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.

Blhue posted:

I have intentionally not watched Clannad because I intend to read it at some point.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

I somehow completely missed Nichijou off my list and have amended it, please make sure it counts.

gotcha

Namtab posted:

as long as you count all 10 of my k-on votes

nope

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

if the k-on girls actually sounded like p-model they might be worth 10 votes

• Locked thread