Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I suspect that some of the more recent K-ON fervor is slightly tongue-in-cheek but the second season was genuinely a fun time and unless you are a heartless monster you'll end it quite attached to the characters. The movie was a pretty great send-off, too. Not that I remember the first season being all that bad, just more inconsequential (than usual for a SOL show, at least) and not as well-animated as the rest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.
Really? I thought that the first season was much better than the second. Yui devolved from an airhead into a useless moron for the second season. In the first season there was some sense that she knew she was being silly, at least, with things like "husky-voice Yui", at least.

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I was disappointed by the K-On movie as a whole, but the scenes in London were great.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

k-on is win

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Azusa #1

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

In Training posted:

I was disappointed by the K-On movie as a whole, but the scenes in London were great.

i hope everyone liked reading this guys posts because this was his last one

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

ok now i realize in training is just trolling. fly away

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Radio Spiricom
Aug 17, 2009

the kon movie is a masterpiece

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

ok now i realize in training is just trolling. fly away

I'm not. These are my actual opinions

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've never posted disingenuously, ever.

1. Azusa
2. Ritsu
3. Mugi
4. Yui
5. Ui
6. Mio

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
That is a terrible list.

Mostly because Ui is so low

Radio Spiricom
Aug 17, 2009

In Training posted:

I've never posted disingenuously, ever.

1. Azusa
2. Ritsu
3. Mugi
4. Yui
5. Ui
6. Mio

ah gently caress i cant believe youve done this

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Nate RFB posted:

I suspect that some of the more recent K-ON fervor is slightly tongue-in-cheek but the second season was genuinely a fun time and unless you are a heartless monster you'll end it quite attached to the characters. The movie was a pretty great send-off, too. Not that I remember the first season being all that bad, just more inconsequential (than usual for a SOL show, at least) and not as well-animated as the rest.

I am completely sincere when I suggest that k-on is the best anime of all time

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Has there been any word on what KyoAni is up to.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah, they're making a new action show. *sound of feet rapidly moving away then a door slamming*

Radio Spiricom
Aug 17, 2009

its not haruhi s3, so i dont care

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

Yeah, they're making a new action show. *sound of feet rapidly moving away then a door slamming*

there are lots of sexy scenes in the LN so i hope they animate those. this is the year we see a bare breast animated by kyoani on tv

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Radio Spiricom posted:

its not k-on s3, so i dont care

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sakurazuka posted:

The descent continues, sigh

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Where the gently caress is season 2 of Hyouka, the season where Chitanda and Oreki will kiss, KyoAni?

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

littleorv posted:

Where the gently caress is season 2 of Hyouka, the season where Chitanda and Oreki will kiss, KyoAni?

It's with season 2 of Amagi, the season where Seiya and Isuzu will kiss

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

littleorv posted:

The Colonel posted:

It's with season 2 of Amagi, the season where Seiya and Isuzu will kiss

Crossover OAV with Chitanda and Oreki kissing, Kanye West and 50 Cent kissing, Chitanda and Kanye kissing, Oreki and 50 Cent kissing, Chitanda and 50 Cent kissing, and Oreki and Kanye kissing.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Crossover OAV with Chitanda and Oreki kissing, Kanye West and 50 Cent kissing, Chitanda and Kanye kissing, Oreki and 50 Cent kissing, Chitanda and 50 Cent kissing, and Oreki and Kanye kissing.

You are a goddamn genius!

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever
How about Kumiko and Reina?

snivell
Sep 9, 2015

watch out, my posts are pretty damn edgy
1) Best series - The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya.
2) Love, Chunibyo and other Delusions.
3) Clannad.
4) Lucky Star.
5) Amagi Brilliant Park
6) K-On!
7) Sound! Euphonium
8) Nichijou
9) Beyond the Boundary
10) Free! (Because it's the only other one from the list I've seen)

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Well I'm glad someone liked Chuni.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

arisu posted:

How about Kumiko and Reina?

They can have their own OAV that a casual observer might confuse with an episode of Sakura Trick.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

so we can all agree amagi is the moral victor here

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

No.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

The Devil Tesla posted:

IMO, Chuuni is pretty cute and fun in its own way. It's not as good as some of KyoAni's other offerings, but it's not Beyond the Boundary bad. Chuuni definitely needed more Dekomori and Shinka time

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
The first couple of episodes of Chuuni were fine, if not good. It went downhill once they started dating and especially by the end of the first season. Then you had the tire fire that was the second season and welp.

esselfortium
Jul 19, 2006

Cumulonimbus Antagonistic Posting

The Devil Tesla posted:

I love it. I'm currently midway through season 2 and it's been lots of fun overall, so I'm surprised so many people seem to hate it. The "serious romance" stuff that occupied a few episodes of season 1 (and will surely do the same in season 2) was easily the show's weakest point, but everything else easily makes up for it.

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
Chuuni was great while it was funny (Season 2 essentially becoming The Dekomori and Nibutani Show helped a lot) but the "drama" was so awful that it soured my memories of the show.

CuLT
Sep 9, 2005

Nate RFB posted:

The first couple of episodes of Chuuni were fine, if not good. It went downhill once they started dating and especially by the end of the first season. Then you had the tire fire that was the second season and welp.

The second season was awful, but I thought the first season was pretty fun.

I guess I just never finished Clannad, because it didn't leave a strong impression. Maybe I should give it another go.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
CLANNAD is "good" but it's After Story that really puts it on the map.

clamp down and keep going
Jun 19, 2013
I couldn't get past three episodes of Chuuni that show's premise is one that could work or crash horribly and it just crashed for me. I like noted bad show Beyond the Boundary even though the show's writing is a mess but I think that show's leads worked well together whereas I never really liked Rikka and Yuta.

Nate RFB posted:

CLANNAD is "good" but it's After Story that really puts it on the map.

Pretty much, Clannad is just kind of a polished Kanon set in Spring. After Story works much better by not being dragged down by having to split focus and play out all of the other girls stories.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

After Story will also rip your heart out and stomp on it a little bit.

• Locked thread