Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Rolled in Godfest 2.

Ra! (2nd)
Zhuge Liang! (2nd)
Isis! (2nd)
Holy Knight, Arcline!
Ra! (3rd) :psyduck:

Can't complain :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maou shoujo
Apr 12, 2014

ニンゲンの表裏一体

SPICE MUST FLOW posted:

I need some Snake Butt friends! Max level, skill level 3 so far.

ID: 378,208,365

Sent. I finished his hypermaxing less than 5 minutes ago.

I am 317,368,351 for anyone else interested. Hypermax Gadius is always in slot 1, with ult Goemon, Rodin, A.Minerva, or A.Shiva in the active slot depending on what I'm doing at the time.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Using king of the gods to buff up on my diagonal skills.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

poor life choice posted:

What are the hot Verdandi subs? I have all the Norns now and that seems to be the most popular based on my informal friend list poll.

Evil Fluffy posted:

Popular subs:
G/R Cu Chu
Liu Bei
Verdandi
Ohio

What is Ohio? I have Liu Bei, and then enough green balanced subs that I was wondering if that's the route I should go.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
dino rider is a good verdandi sub. the ultimate is powerful, and has 3 2-prongs (or 2 and I can't count)

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
he's not exactly on color but the active is good

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

poor life choice posted:

What is Ohio? I have Liu Bei, and then enough green balanced subs that I was wondering if that's the route I should go.

It's a really good attack sub.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ohio-class_submarine

With Verdandi it seems like the general mindset is "use all Liu Beis, then maybe Cu Chu if you have less than 4 Liu Beis and no spare Verdandi." There's also a R/G and G/R farmable chinese general and they might be alright subs too.

e: If you have GZL he'll boost himself and Liu Bei as well so doing a couple TPA matches with the GZL active should result in the Liu Beis doing ungodly amounts of damage.

Evil Fluffy fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Aug 15, 2015

Xenogenesis
Nov 8, 2005
Hmm, just pulled a Zuoh, what are the optimal compositions with him? Offhand with what I have in my box, I'm thinking something like Zuoh/A.Meimei/A.MeiMei/Sasuke/Persephone/Zuoh, but that just seems soooo one-dimensional.

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.
No that's basically it. The optimal Zuoh team is Zuoh/A. Meimeix4/Zuoh

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!

Xenogenesis posted:

Hmm, just pulled a Zuoh, what are the optimal compositions with him? Offhand with what I have in my box, I'm thinking something like Zuoh/A.Meimei/A.MeiMei/Sasuke/Persephone/Zuoh, but that just seems soooo one-dimensional.

Drop Sasuke and Persephone for two more hypermaxed A.Meimeis.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
<----------------------------
I'm still clawing my way out of babbytown but I got a g/l bastet and a r/l freyjr ready for anyone who could want to bff me before the reset

full roster and id is here:
https://www.padherder.com/user/NextTimeSA/monsters

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Decided to do some yolo rolling after getting shat on by the REM earlier, and pulled an Isis :toot:

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Raenir K. Artemi posted:

No that's basically it. The optimal Zuoh team is Zuoh/A. Meimeix4/Zuoh

This is not even close to optimal and just a gimmick. Mei Mei is great but she's off-color. Having one or two to produce orbs is fine but the actual optimal teams have Hanzo and plenty of it.

Good subs for his ugly rear end:

Hanzo, Claire, Satsuki, G. Rider for dark. Mei, Astaroth, the Green angel 2.0 for green. Plus any assorted orb changer or damage enhancer you may need.

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009

NextTime000 posted:

I'm still clawing my way out of babbytown but I got a g/l bastet and a r/l freyjr ready for anyone who could want to bff me before the reset

full roster and id is here:
https://www.padherder.com/user/NextTimeSA/monsters

If you don't find a triangle, don't be shy about finding a hypermaxed Bastet and dropping your bff on them. It beats wasting it, and if she's your only good lead, you don't really need more than one.

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

I'm still not convinced that 3x normals is active. I'm struggling to get a single + egg per KotG run.

Qylvaran
Mar 28, 2010

I gave up on no stoning challenge 10, but I should have paid attention to my team's hp. I had 22596: one plus egg short of surviving Dios's preemptive. The rest went smoothly, though, so only a net loss of one stone. One more Woodpy and I'll have a day one max skill Awoken Susano. This also marks my first non-descend challenge set completed!

Now to finish plussing up Meimei and move on to Shiva.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Skyridge posted:

I'm still not convinced that 3x normals is active. I'm struggling to get a single + egg per KotG run.

I've been getting 2-4 per run, but whiffed once or twice.

maou shoujo
Apr 12, 2014

ニンゲンの表裏一体

trucutru posted:

This is not even close to optimal and just a gimmick. Mei Mei is great but she's off-color. Having one or two to produce orbs is fine but the actual optimal teams have Hanzo and plenty of it.

Good subs for his ugly rear end:

Hanzo, Claire, Satsuki, G. Rider for dark. Mei, Astaroth, the Green angel 2.0 for green. Plus any assorted orb changer or damage enhancer you may need.

Being off-color doesn't really matter, because he needs to match dark and wood in equal amounts. It's like how Ronia parties are often filled with dark cards, since she produces fire and dark equally.

maou shoujo fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Aug 15, 2015

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

maou shoujo posted:

Being off-color doesn't really matter, because he needs to match dark and wood in equal amounts. It's like how Ronia parties are often filled with dark cards.

Yes, it matters, because we're talking about optimal teams. Sure, have a couple of them in your team, that's fun. Optimal? no way. A dark team with a Hanzo in there will do easily three times as much damage as four A.Meimeis.

It's like how Ronia parties don't matter at all nowadays unless they are all-dark (except for a single Ronia).

Edit: BTW, if you produce dark and wood a mono-dark team will usually do more damage than a green/half dark team. That's why you want to go as close as mono-color as possible. Also the reason why, Ra aside, the current meta is dominated by mono-color leaders.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Aug 16, 2015

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

poor life choice posted:

What are the hot Verdandi subs? I have all the Norns now and that seems to be the most popular based on my informal friend list poll.

I run Verd a lot. 95% of the time my team is Verd/Liu Bei/Liu Bei/Perseus/GZL/Verd. That gives you 100% skill lock resist and plenty of orb changing. if I don't need skill lock resist, I actually still usually run Pers, his active is nice if you need some healing. I sometimes switch in a 2nd GZL or a 2nd Verd for Perseus, but the rest of the team is almost always the same (especially because Verd and the 2 Liu Beis are hypermaxed, working on GZL next).

Post BFF reset: I am looking for someone who has a max skill hopefully +297 Red Odin up all the time. I usually have Verd (hypermax)/Rodin (about to be hypermax)/A Parvarti (hypermax) up, but on days like today I switch in a max skill Goemon for Parv. Am considering switching Parv to A Shiva, who might be my next plus egg target after GZL.

The Hebug
May 24, 2004
I am a bug...

McDragon posted:

I'd like to if you'll have me. usually hypermax Ronia/Beelz/Athena but I need to practice using L.Kali more. Got a whole bunch of other stuff too at various states of plusses and skills like Shiva, Pandora, Lu Bu, D.Meta and some more gimmicky stuff, hopefully A.Bastet soon

391,570,232 if that sounds okay to you two?

Sure, as long as it works for Plorkyeran. Let's wait to hear back since he is full on friends at the moment.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Either I have the worst luck or 3x normals is not on. I think I got 7 +eggs in close to a dozen KotG runs. In Japan I get more +eggs per stam than that consistently even when running the tier 5 dungeons. :(

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

I didn't get to do this joke in the last thread before it closed but MrMoose you already have a hypermax Awoken Shiva BFF, you don't need anymore of them :wink:

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

Evil Fluffy posted:

Either I have the worst luck or 3x normals is not on. I think I got 7 +eggs in close to a dozen KotG runs. In Japan I get more +eggs per stam than that consistently even when running the tier 5 dungeons. :(

Yeah, I'm not seeing it either. Last event I got a minimum of one +egg per run, this time I'm getting one max.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Lost track of runs but around 11-13 runs for 17 plus eggs so far. It certainly could be better but the rank XP is pretty drat nice. About to rank-up with the next run so that's another dozen runs. It's just so drat boring even with Goemon easy mode.

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Lost track of runs but around 11-13 runs for 17 plus eggs so far. It certainly could be better but the rank XP is pretty drat nice. About to rank-up with the next run so that's another dozen runs. It's just so drat boring even with Goemon easy mode.

Ocean of Heaven Tap Mode is the way to go. ;)

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Tir McDohl posted:

Ocean of Heaven Tap Mode is the way to go. ;)

Is that some Rodin shenanigans? I wish I had a Rodin :smith:

Also running endless KotG in NA and Hera-Sowilo in JP is burning me out.

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Aug 16, 2015

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Doulos posted:

Time to poo poo up the new thread with BFF triangle

nogic posted:

Would really like at least one AParv and ABastet.

I can do A Bastet in slot 2. She's max skilled, and I can start plussing after I get another 100 on Isis.

I do have Parv and Meimei, but I need to evolve the descended ingredients and haven't been looking forward to Cu Chu. No Ra, but he's my whaling target once the trash leaves the REM.

I (392,765,201) BF nogic (373,999,270) who BFs Doulous (?) who BFs me?

Mason Dixon
Jul 28, 2001

Crimson Butterfly

Yeah, I'm averaging less than 1 +egg per run of KotG. Rank exp is nice, but that's not what I came here for.

To add insult to injury, one KotG run I got three. Not three +eggs, three eggs total. :negative:

Mason Dixon fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Aug 16, 2015

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Anything green with 1-2 prongs makes OoH a cakewalk.

nogic
Jul 6, 2002

Sono posted:

I can do A Bastet in slot 2. She's max skilled, and I can start plussing after I get another 100 on Isis.

I do have Parv and Meimei, but I need to evolve the descended ingredients and haven't been looking forward to Cu Chu. No Ra, but he's my whaling target once the trash leaves the REM.

I (392,765,201) BF nogic (373,999,270) who BFs Doulous (?) who BFs me?

Sounds good to me. Paging Doulos

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

No, you just need 5 max skill Rodin friends and a max skill Goemon. I favorited some in my friend list for easier sorting, then picked Challenge mode and did Goemon/Rodin/Rodin/Rodin/Rodin/Rodin on the first stage of Ocean of Heaven. You tap the Rodins, tap Goemon on wave 6, move an orb on wave 7.

A Banana
Jun 11, 2013
From the last thread.

I'm looking for a Pre-Reset BFF Triangle

I primarily run
A.Bastet (+60ish, one off max skill, first candidate for hypermaxing)
A.Lakshmi (max skill, no + eggs).
Ronia (+240ish, skill 3)

And have a bunch of other weird/utility/don't yet have a team for leaders I can put up on request, mostly max level w/ no +s and varying skill levels eg
AGoemon, ANeptune, AVenus, DMeta, AParv

ABastet/ALakshmi/AGoemonBFF would be ideal, but ABastet/AGoemon/Anything synergistic with my nicher leaders is fine too

endjinn
Sep 22, 2013
A Banana, I would be down - currently running ALakshmi in slot 1 and AGoemon in slot 2. Let's see if we can get Yermaw to buy in.

Courtesy roll for GodFest: gold plus egg...Rodin! WOOP

Second roll - Dark Dragon Knight. Well, the Rodin was worth it.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Schrodingers cat posted:

Anything green with 1-2 prongs makes OoH a cakewalk.

With 2 progs even a red unit makes OoH a cakewalk.

Especially when that red unit is a hypermax Vegito buddy. :ssj:

IntelligibleChoir
Mar 3, 2009
I have given up on skilling osiris. I've been running it on mythical for a week with 4 nyan drops and no skill up. I'll just wait til the drop rate is bumped i guess. It's a shame because i really wanted osiris maxed.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

"I'm sick and tired of reading these posts!"
Pulled an L. Kali, though is she competitive with my A. Bastet? I don't have a Ra or Horus where I know she'd be the spotlight sub on.

Am I right in going with L. Kali, Sun Quan, L. Meta, Arthur, Fuuma would be a good team, or should I sub in Valk / Athena? Are there other off-color subs I should keep an eye out for?

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know
I pulled a Cao Cao last game and it seems everyone likes it. I assume its because its a good sub? or is it a good leader? Also I got a phoenix from the PAL machine which people seem to want too but it doesn't really seem that useful.

Oh since BFFs are resetting next week, I should find a Bastet leader to BFF!

IntelligibleChoir
Mar 3, 2009

2nd hypermax as of Thurs dungeon :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.

Velveteen posted:

I pulled a Cao Cao last game and it seems everyone likes it. I assume its because its a good sub? or is it a good leader? Also I got a phoenix from the PAL machine which people seem to want too but it doesn't really seem that useful.

Oh since BFFs are resetting next week, I should find a Bastet leader to BFF!

just sayin'

Also Cao Cao is a really good sub, yeah, especially for A. Shiva, who needs a phoenix to evolve

• Locked thread