Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jony neuemonic
Nov 13, 2009

Elder Postsman posted:

American cities are poorly laid out

north america doesn't have cities, just large suburbs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jony neuemonic
Nov 13, 2009

The Management posted:

hundreds of thousands if you're not an idiot. note that you can get a matching offer from competitors that have a vesting schedule instead of giving it to you up front with a return clause

:stare:

jony neuemonic
Nov 13, 2009

an extra 25k would almost get me out of debt, so i'd consider it. :shobon:

jony neuemonic
Nov 13, 2009

qirex posted:

I know this, it just seems that a lot of otherwise smart people see "25k!" and their eyes light up like they won the lottery when it's basically a loan that lowers your salary

good point.

i mean, it's all academic for me anyway since no one in town even does signing bonuses. still a good point though.

jony neuemonic
Nov 13, 2009

born on a buy you posted:

have you had the fun multiday interview yet? in person just q/a with various teams day 1. tech/coding exercises day 2 with various people. then a take home long form coding exercise day 3. had a local start up ask if i was willing to engage in that

why yes, my time is completely worthless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jony neuemonic
Nov 13, 2009

http://business.financialpost.com/executive/management-hr/the-ruthless-jeff-bezos-amazon-culture-would-never-fly-in-canada-and-thats-a-shame

:qq: why can't OUR companies grind employees into a fine paste too? :qq:

• Locked thread