Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

rrrrrrrrrrrt posted:

wait wait wait, an upfront bonus that you have to pay back if you leave before two years? i don't think that's a bonus.

Yeah, it's a pathetic and naked attempt to trap people into improving their turnover numbers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
I've interviewed at places that did the 2-day interview, but they were mostly hiring fresh college grads for way more than fresh college grads usually make, and they at least had the courtesy to buy everyone a fancy dinner and put them in a nice hotel. And give you a yes or no within a week. Who in the hell is doing 3 day interviews with homework? That's absurd and anybody but the most desperate wannabe junior devs should be giving them the bird on the way out the door.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

hobbesmaster posted:

what do these places do for people that already work at a company

Pay fresh college grads 6 figures and not be in the bay area. At least for the place I decided to work.

• Locked thread