Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

The Management posted:

so the NY Times has a piece on how the white collar side of Amazon is run. http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/16/technology/inside-amazon-wrestling-big-ideas-in-a-bruising-workplace.html

highlights include:
Amazon gives no (none, zero) paternity leave.
Attacking others in meetings is expected
There is a feedback system where people are encouraged to snitch on their colleagues. if you take sick time, expect to get negative feedback.
woman that had a miscarriage forced to work the next day
woman taking care of dad with cancer put on notice for lack of performance
if you're not on call always you are accused of not caring about your job
taking vacations is discouraged and you are expected to work during
Amazon is cheap as gently caress and spends nothing on employees
those that won't leave admit to hating it but being addicted to it
Jeff bozos has convinced all of these nerds that this is a good thing and what it takes to be successful, and they take this abuse.

surprisingly, they have a huge retention problem.

bonus, I learned about the term Amholes for former Amazon employees that bring their toxic culture with them.

"This isn't going to affect my Sunday delivery is it?"

"Have they tried not having a miscarriage?"

"I will suck Jeff's dick and be happy about it"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
http://www.theonion.com/article/jef...eview:1:Default

• Locked thread