Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I didn't read the thread but I wanted to say that no, it doesn't. Ok bye.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
All philosophy is is semantical games, so watching you flip your poo poo because someone asked you to define your terms is funny enough to justify this thread.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Disinterested posted:

With regards to this specific example, it is just as likely, as first postulated by Gladstone, that Homer was in fact colour-blind - this is a view that has been taken up in some of the more modern scholarship of his work. Although it is true that blue in particular seems to be very malleable between cultures.

Radiolab had a very interesting (to me at least) segment on this very subject. But if you don't want to listen to it, there is in fact evidence that humans don't actually codify very many differences in color naturally, and that they may need to be taught to us in order to be recognized. And this became much easier to do once we were able to reliable reproduce said color as a pigment or something similar like wine.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

ShadowCatboy posted:

He called me a worm whereas I am obviously a catboy. An atheist catboy who believes there is nyo God. :v:

I sincerely hope you're ashamed of yourself over this. :colbert:

• Locked thread