Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING
Wow, this thread is incredible. I'm going to assume Effectronica isn't trolling, he's just really bad at argument, and makes up for it by repeatedly insulting people while simultaneously demanding to be treated with respect. People have capably pointed out many basic problems with his ideas, but here's a big one: social psychology research suggests beliefs are only sometimes causes of actions, and as often as not actions shape beliefs. This doesn't seem intuitive, because we are biased towards thinking we're rational actors who operate based on principle.
I think the last century of psychology has pretty effectively busted the idea of humans as objective perceivers and rational actors.
Effectronica's arguments also seem contingent on ignoring that exponential development of humanity outpaced evolution. Beliefs are too sophisticated a thing to be involved in the evolutionary process.

Also, I love your posts on theological arguments, ShadowCatboy. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread