Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Finally picked up this game. The AI is exactly like PQ1 and I am enjoying wrecking it with an underleveled team. I do miss having items and spells dedicated to turning the board red then unleashing explosions on everything.

Anyways, let me into the goon guild please. Invite code STASISSA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

The Crooked Warden posted:

Is there any reason to hold onto multiple copies of the same troops?

You need ten of them for a... rank up I think?

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Coffeehitler posted:

You need a troop at 15 to rank up your Kingdom. The only reason I know of to have multiples of a troop is to have them defend multiple kingdoms for pvp (attach them to multiple banners).

Ranking up kingdoms helps with getting tributes and increased stat bonuses if you have that kingdom selected.

This is true too, but I still recall there was something in the tutorial about having 10 of a single unit. Maybe it was a max. I dont remember since I speed through those things.

Speaking of not reading, I barely bought the land with the treasure hunt mini game. Did my tutorial map, made about 1200 gold and other stuff out of it but there was no summary screen. I was wondering if there was a wiki that laid out the pieces and what they gave.

Bronze(1), silver(3), gold, sack, bronze chest, silver chest(150?), red chest(400)..?

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Thank you!

Wallet posted:

Then I realized I had just spent a bunch of time on a spreadsheet for a video-game, so I cried for a while. I figured someone else might get some use out of it, though, so here's a link to it for anyone so inclined (you'll need to make a copy of it to edit it).

And thank you!

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Did my maps and got enough tribute for the staff of madness. Is that or the farsight orb any good or would I be better off saving it up?

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Zotix posted:

Are the Mobile and the Steam versions different? Or can you load up your mobile version on steam?

Curious about this too.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Shwqa posted:

gently caress yeah I got the 500 gems armor. 800 souls from arena :getin:

Bandire posted:

I changed my mind again and bought the Dragon Armor today. I just got 2300 gold from an Invasion. :stare:

Stop guys, you're making me want to buy those too.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

seravid posted:

Our previous recruit, a sophisticated gentlegoon named Moat, donated 60k in one day and his savvy investments have netted him multiple keys, souls and maps. This scrub I'm quoting has donated 0 gold so far yet he received the exact same rewards. Fox News was right.

99.6% recruits have maps. :argh:

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

DARPA Dad posted:

Can someone in Acme Gooniversity up some of the masteries? We're sitting on 20 or so tokens

Only people ranked 2 and above can do that, which means there is only one who can do that. :v:

e:

I just got my freebie magic key from joining forums. Two commons and 1 Legendary: Abhorath.

Eat The World :unsmigghh:

Alpha Kenny Juan fucked around with this message at 13:24 on Aug 25, 2015

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

I think the message referenced is the one in Guild -> Manage -> Info. I don't think it can be freely customized. You can probably change it based on min level reqs but only to another preset.

Otherwise i'd recommend "If you are not contributing, you do not have enough fiber in your diet."

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

All these alchemist-having posts... :argh:

I want an alchemist.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Bandire posted:

What's guild membership looking like for the goon guilds? OG Gem Boys is still 30/30, but has at least a couple guys ready to be punted.

Acme was 11/16 as of this morning.

We need peeps.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

There should be a manage button on the guild screen that lays it out, or something like that

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Jibo posted:

Too bad it will take like a month for me to get that with my current rate of getting gems.

Same. :(:respek::(

e: vvv :catstare: vvv

Alpha Kenny Juan fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Sep 3, 2015

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

I think 2 in gooniversity are inactive, but only days and not weeks. So 9 are active for sure.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Wallet posted:

Just a heads up that the stats that show up in the guild roster have a bug: I didn't have time to play for most of the week, but I still opened the game to get the free daily gold, and then dumped it into guild tasks. I happened to check the guild roster on Thursday, and noticed that it said I hadn't donated anything this week, and that I hadn't been online for four days. Completing an invasion seems to make it catch back up, though completing treasure maps doesn't for some reason.

The login page on the guild roster specifically says 'Last Battle' so yeah I can see that being confusing but not a bug.

e: My invite code is STASISSA so if one of the OGs can sign me up i'd appreciate it.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

The gold updating incorrectly is a bug, but it seems focused on your own stats. My stats looked weird(weekly always matches overall) but everyone elses seemed fine.

Also people donating can be tracked through activity. Then again, im sure gooniversity had much less activity than a 30 person guild so that may not be effective either.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

If either one of you could send an invite to stasissa i'd appreciate it.

e: Thanks

Alpha Kenny Juan fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Sep 6, 2015

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

I use Tyri, Kerberos, Abhorath and Hero at the moment. Tyri is for gem denial(when an opponents skill is ready and uses a gem color to power it up) and a glass cannon. Kerberos' devour chance is amazing. I used it once on a beefy goblin king giving me all its health. Abhorath can change the board when I need it also powering it up. Hero is just a last slot tank that uses leftover gems.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Coffeehitler posted:

Click the cog in the lower right of the main screen, and select Detailed Help. I THINK you can do this in a battle, but not sure.

:stare: I did not know this.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Orion is freaking dangerous at 15. Each time you use the skill its an extra 5 magic. I target Orion if its on the other team.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

So... what would be considered a battle(for login)? Looks like doing a treasure map doesn't count. I guess defense, invade or quest?

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

psivamp posted:

Thank you. I will give you as much gold as a I can raise to play more Treasure mini-game.

Treasure game, best game.

Somehow I have 20 maps stored up. Its very fun, but it doesn't count as activity so I do one a day.

Also the super cascades shake the game area so much it can actually make me sick. Dunno if its just me.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Jibo posted:

Anyone else just have their consecutive login bonus get reset? I just noticed my login bonus never showed up today so I restarted the app and now I got the first day login bonus. :saddowns:

I want my gold.

Can't check my kingdom for a few hours, but checked the gems forum. Doesn't look like a bug, or nobody has reported it yet.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

With the weapon this week you can drain an enemy's attack to 0(-2 per attack). You can abuse the hell out of the AI with that and a lot of luck.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Anyone play using an iPad? Recently the app keeps crashing after every invade. Sometimes when I win I only get the coins as if I lost.

Getting very annoying.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

I assume you have the soul doubling armor, but roughly 1000 souls per run is no small consolation.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Of course the one week I decide to :effort: the invades and double down on the arena is right before a 200 glory weapon. :catstare:

I have 42 maps so far so I should get it, but drat treasure hunt cascades are annoying.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Yeah, Kerberos is pretty awesome. I remember using it on a goblin king after it did its move and had a ton of health that all went to me once devoured.

It is a 25% chance but when it hits it is murdertime.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Since the second question was answered well, i'll take the first one.

It's all preference, but keep in mind that we just had an event for double souls weekend which stacked with the armor bonus. That meant instead of a normal 400 souls from a successful arena run, you got 1600 souls for a successful run+armor bonus. That event made me wish I got the soul armor.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Time to invade fools. :getin:

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Beef Hardcheese posted:

I'm on the verge of getting 500 gems, is there a consensus on whether the +100% souls or +100% gold armor is more useful? It's largely academic, since I'm sitting on 5k souls, 50+ keys, and regularly dumping 2-5k into guild missions, I may just get whichever looks cooler.

I wish I had the souls armor for double souls weekend.
I'm glad I had the gold armor for double gold weekend.

You really can't go wrong either way. Choose your flavor. :shobon:

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Invite STASISSA please.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

duckfarts posted:

Finish all Broken Spire quests to unlock the Arena, finish all Zhul'Kari quests to unlock Treasure Hunt to use maps. You can still beat people if their cards are maxed out and you're still at something like 8-10 for your own ones; just try to find combinations that work for you, or just have every color covered if you really don't know what to put together.

PvE will also get you some decent cards, and you get Luther from Broken Spire/unlocking Arena anyway and he's pretty decent; I still use him.

I thought you just had to unlock Zhul'Kari for Treasure Hunt. Im not sure because I finished the quests first for that epic(forgot her name).

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

I killed the first boss because when it was ready to cast its spell, I entangled it. :boom:

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

I just donate. Goons before country. :patriot:

Seriously, the gold for kingdom levels is crazy. Make a guild currency if you're going to make a goldsink. This change won't effect high level guilds who already maxed their kingdoms of choice if they were trying to stop high level kingdoms from getting hundreds of keys and gems or whatever.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

DaveWoo posted:

Ran into that team of 4 Brian the Luckys again.

They weren't so lucky this time. :smug:

*ahem* Cheers. :cheers:

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Make sure there are no multiple or trailing spaces.

Also, if there is space issues for Gem Boiz, you can remove STASISSA. Ever since the update things have been less fun. I might return after a bit, but as of now my interest is not high.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Jibo posted:

Gem Boiz is full. We've only got four people who might be inactive but here we go:

Donglover, Froggy, stasisSA, Obscil are all at more than a week of no battles. I'll give you guys until Tuesday to either do a battle or pop in the thread here to let me know you're alive.

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

Also, if there is space issues for Gem Boiz, you can remove STASISSA. Ever since the update things have been less fun. I might return after a bit, but as of now my interest is not high.