Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
If I could get a goon guild invite that would be cool. Jibo_1

Screenshot to avoid confusion:

Still not entirely sure what I'm doing but I did just sweep 8 arena wins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
I'm officially the number 1 trophy getter for Gem Boiz. :smugdog:

Arena is just too much fun and the steady gold and soul income from it is great.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Obscil posted:

Invite sent.

Rock worm can do some dumb stuff in the arena sometimes. My rock worm killed three enemy troops including the hero all in one combo today at the arena.

Rock Worm is a drat champ. So far my only arena loss was because of one that just kept comboing himself until it ate my whole team.

Also built an Arena dream team today. Banshee, Valkyrie, Druid. I don't think I lost a single character through the whole thing. I also highly recommend the Staff of Madness from the Glory shop for anyone starting out and can afford it. It's been doing some drat work for me.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Good. I just dusted all my duplicates and y'all had me worried.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
I've gotten probably a dozen or more Epics from the poo poo ton of keys I've turned in but I still have yet to get a Valkyrie. I really want to get in on that.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

The Crooked Warden posted:

Maybe I'm god awful but I never seem to get any maps to pop out of that combo. Gold is fine, but my cascades are never big enough.

Unless you're doing some pretty big conversions it's near impossible to force a 7 cascade. I seem to get about one a day just through luck though. I wish I would get more, treasure maps are fun.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

gromdul posted:

Put this in the OP

It's also missing Ranger. I'd put him mid or top tier rare. Probably top tier. He's at least as good as Wolf Knight, and not as squishy.

I don't know. I'm at 20 or so arenas completed with a total of 2 battles lost across them all and I think this list and advice is kind of off. Attack behind/front/random seems to be overvalued as is skull control.

Banshee is expensive but she does hilarious things like oneshot big dudes while giving you an extra turn and a free staff of madness charge. I will pick her pretty much every time over the other rares except maybe Boar Rider.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Doing all the challenges for a kingdom takes a long rear end time. If you really want to raise the level on a kingdom it's probably better just to do some arenas and level up dudes.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
I finally got Valkyrie today after a week's worth of keys. A couple of chests later I got Treant to so I guess I'll try to see if I can make Team Infinite Turns.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Anyone experiencing issues with this crashing on iOS lately? Been playing for a little over a week with no issue but I just had it crash twice during Arena fights and thankfully the second one was during the finishing blow so it didn't count as a loss but I'm hesitant to continue.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
I'm currently running the following team:

Treant
Lady from the treasure map kingdom
Valkyrie
Alchemist

I'm averaging about five treasure maps a day and I seem to get vaults about 1/3 of the time. I've only gotten one magic key from them.

Also, in my experience, the gamer seems pretty balanced as far as lucky drops/cascades between the player and CPU. I'd be surprised if there's any kind of weighting on this not only because it seems like a silly thing to do but it also would be a bitch to program. The game seems more than happy to let me come from nowhere and win or to let me flounder (if I'm running the above team rather than my regular team which pretty much never loses). I've only ever seen one really ridiculous come from behind win for the CPU but I'm assuming because solid play and and an oppressive team won't even give them the opportunity for it.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

rotaryfun posted:

I've been playing for a about a week or so and I have no idea what treasure map and vaults you're talking about.

I'm pretty sure the tutorial gives you one at one point but any time you get a cascade of 7 or more you get a treasure map. Note that matching two things at the same time still counts as one match for the purposes of your cascade count. Once you have maps you can go to the kingdom to the south of Broken Spire and select Treasure Hunt to do a minigame that will get you keys and currency.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Bandire posted:

Sorry, I guess I wasn't clear enough. The disenchant threshold has to be set for each individual unit.

Regarding treasure maps, my strategy is fairly simple. This might be a little obvious to some.

Always try to avoid spending a turn. A 5-match gives an extra turn, and a 4-match is a free move. If you make a 3-match and then a cascade causes a 4 or 5, then you get the best result for that move.

It can be worth slowing down and waiting for the game to suggest a move if you don't see a 5 match available. If there are multiple free moves, you should go top to bottom to try and avoid breaking up free moves lower in the board. You should be able to build up several extra turns early in the game. Unfortunately you can only get one extra turn per move even if you get a dozen more in a cascade.

Try to clear out lower tier coins at the bottom of the board when you don't have a free turn to make. They can clog up the map and prevent you from making higher level matches.

Try not to make any extra Red Chests. Red Chests give the same number of Gems as Green Chests, so you are giving up a shot at 3 (or more) Gems for a shot at one Iron Key and better lower tier rewards. If you have several turns banked and lots of Green Chests, try to clump them all together so you don't waste Green Chests creating Reds. Vaults can give 2 gems or a Magic Key or lots of lower tier rewards, so they are worth trying for.

Please feel free to add any other suggestions.

This is how I do it except for the chest thing because I don't care enough about optimizing my gem output. You honestly will be more limited by the amount you can make rather than needing to avoid matching them.

Also while clearing out lower tier rewards on the bottom is important, I would say that it's more important to try and set up future free turns if possible. If you don't have a free turn available, you may be able to manipulate the board into giving you one on your next match or two.

Also if there is no optimal play at all, simply go for whatever is going to give you the most cascades in hopes of getting a lucky free turn, which again may seem obvious.

It's important to note that next piece that your match generates will be in the position of the one you moved, so it's easier to manipulate the board if you keep this in mind.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

DaveWoo posted:

Alchemist / Valkyrie / Banshee isn't about killing quickly, it's about racking up gold, souls, and treasure maps. (And boy howdy, does it ever.)

Also if you can throw Treeant into the mix then you will have a killing machine at your disposal. I've gotten one turn wins off of the team I mentioned above.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

Two portals, a red chest and another 8 green chests as well. That was a good treasure map run.

Best I've managed is two vaults and two red chests but not nearly as many greens.

I've also been trying to break my turn count record. Highest I've gotten my turn counter up to is 26 which I've hit quite a few times but can't seem to get over.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
The new Glory gear doesn't look very good but I've got like 300 glory so I'll just get it.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Requesting membership to the duplicate Legendary club.

Seriously, yesterday I pulled my first two legendaries. Both were Jarl Firemantle.

He seems really drat good though so I won't complain too much.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

DaveWoo posted:

Dragon armor owns y'all

Too bad it will take like a month for me to get that with my current rate of getting gems.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
I got a Goblin King yesterday and he seems pretty good. Goblin is a good unit and being able to replace your dead dudes with them seems like a good time. I haven't tried him out yet though.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

gromdul posted:

Run Arena when you can. Three or four arena runs of 8 wins will get enough souls to level up a troop to 15.

Unfortunately Epic and Legendary take a fair bit more to level. I could stand to have a slightly better method for getting souls, as much as I do like Arena.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Bandire posted:

Doing challenges with an Alch/Valk/Banshee team is a decent change of pace from the Arena. It's not going to be quite as efficient as Arena for souls grinding, but its something different and that team gives you a pretty decent chance at Treasure Maps in any given match.

This is what I've been doing only with the Zhul'Kari lady instead of Banshee and it's pretty great if you're burnt out on Arena. You still get decent everything and you get to see these great big cascades and stuff.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Gem Boiz is now Champion rank. Good work Boiz.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Speaking of Goblins, has anyone messed around with a Goblin team? I've finally got enough souls to max out Boar Rider, Goblin, Goblin King and Goblin Shaman or whatever it is and I'm wondering how well it will do and what the optimal order is for them. I really wish I had Goblin Rocket.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Tiny Chalupa posted:

How is tyri for farming teams? Just pulled her

I like her. I've been running her with Treant, Valkyrie, and Alchemist and while she gets used less than the others, she does help and I feel like she gets me more maps than the others.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

The Pell posted:

I think defense or invade only.

Holy poo poo. If this is the case, Gem Boiz please don't kick me out. I burn through all my Invades on Monday and that's it.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Anyone else just have their consecutive login bonus get reset? I just noticed my login bonus never showed up today so I restarted the app and now I got the first day login bonus. :saddowns:

I want my gold.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

Anyone play using an iPad? Recently the app keeps crashing after every invade. Sometimes when I win I only get the coins as if I lost.

Getting very annoying.

This happens on my Air sometimes. A reboot fixes it for me.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
I don't have one but Gorgotha seems pretty crazy to me. Every time I play against one, if it's level 15 and I let it live long enough to activate its ability then it can (if the computer doesn't gently caress up) just loving keep doing it over and over.

My only legendaries are Jarl, Goblin King, and Silent One. :(

At least Jarl seems kind of cool if I ever get around to leveling him.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

porktree posted:

What's everyone liking for PvP? I've been using Orion, the Skull Cleaver, Druid, and Jarl Firemantle - but this round I got beat twice on my march to '1'. I like this because I've got all the colors covered. I've got plenty of souls lying around to level up who ever. Both times I got rolled by worms. Those damned worms.

I've just been running with Goblin, Boar Rider, Goblin King, and Goblin Shaman (or whatever it's called). It gets the job done. If the opponent does manage to chew through my first two units before they die then Goblin King is pretty much unkillable and will win it for me, even if it does take a while.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Gem Boiz is at like 26 members but I don't know if any of them are inactive. We're still getting like 2 or 3 tasks completed in a day and are gradually working up in Rank.

The options would be to not merge or to dissolve one guild and spread the members across multiple guilds. I'm not sure if there is enough free space across all guilds to do that.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

harmless_fun posted:

Invite please for JANNADANIELS

gromdul posted:

E: invite me please. STRONGBAD_1

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

Invite STASISSA please.

Coffeehitler posted:

Invite DUB C please.

Invites sent.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

a shameful boehner posted:

So uhhh I was in Gem Boiz and regularly contributing/playing and it seems to have dissolved. Can I get an invite back to the reformed one, please?

Invite code: ENDYMION_1

I'm guessing someone accidentally booted you. I've gone ahead and invited you back.

Gem Boiz currently at 22/30 so we've got plenty of room for any other refugees out there.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

psivamp posted:

Oh crap, my guild is dissolving around me ( Gem boys ). So I bailed.

Please send an invite to PSIVAMP so I can keep exchanging money for gems and maps.

Invited you.

Bandire posted:

Gem Boys is merging into Gem Boiz, so someone with invite permissions should invite you soon.

Speaking of, we have quite a few upper rank slots open for promotions. I check in quite a bit for the extra tribute rolls, so I'd be happy to help.

I'm happy to invite and buy bonuses but I don't really pay enough attention to make promotion decisions. I'll leave that to the glorious leader.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Man, they need to start giving out extra glory if they are going to keep giving out 200+ glory rewards.

I can afford that for one more week and then I'm spent.

ianvincible posted:

I just stumbled on this thread after playing for about a week. If there's free space in one of the guilds after this shake up I'd appreciate an invite. Invite code is IAN VINCIBLE

Got you.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Bandire posted:

I've started just stockpiling glory rather than spending it on treasure maps. I've had to churn through my growing pile of maps to keep up.

Speaking of, the fun is starting to wear off of treasure maps. Once you reach a point where you have the armor you want they really start feeling like a time sink. I've got both 500 gem armors now and have just been blowing gems on Magic Keys.

Whoever said they'd love an option to just cash them in for instant rewards is on to something. Just give me a slot machine pull for a single vault tier reward and I'd be happy.

I still enjoy them. It's a nice chill little mini game. I only bought a couple with glory when I was at like 490 gems so I could hurry up and get my first armor. Now I'm almost at 400 gems and I think I might actually just buy the Magic Key pack because I'm happy enough with the armor I have. I also would like to get some better units.

I'm at 4 Jarl Firemanes now with only two other Legendaries pulled, I almost feel like the RNG is weighted in this.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Wolfsbane posted:

Can I get a guild invite if there are any available? My invite code is ACIHO.

Invited you to Gem Boiz. That puts us at 5 slots left.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
So if the middle of the road difficulty puts the enemy AI back on an even playing field with the player, then what do the three after it do?

I already feel like the game is weighted away from your colors in the RNG, I can't imagine what else they can do other than straight up giving the computer a better chance of fortuitous cascades or like a total view of all cascades for each move.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

gromdul posted:

The difficulty will remain unchanged unless you want it to.

It would be nice to play against a not completely braindead AI in this.

I'm just going to jack it all the way up for best rewards unless it gets really crazy.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Wolfsbane posted:

So I started playing this game last week, and it seems like most of the advice in the OP is aimed at someone who already has every card in the game at max level. I can't win at PvP and I haven't even figured out how to unlock the arena yet - and again, it seems pointless if my opponents are going to have every relevant card at level 15. Is there anything I can do right now except grind PvE and wait for my guild to feed me stuff?

I'm pretty sure you unlock arena by just beating the first kingdom, which is really what you should be doing right away anyway.

I joined pretty late and it seemed like most of the PVP teams were at least beatable. That was a couple of months ago though so it could be different now. Don't be afraid to use the "find another opponent" button. It might as well be free it costs so little and it makes a huge difference to fight someone on your level early on.

I may have had an easier time starting because I got the discount starter pack and pulled some okayish units.

If you aren't already, you'll probably want to join a goon guild rather than just some pubbie one since they seem to actually complete tasks at a decent rate.

Drumstick posted:

invite please. KATYKAT

Sent you an invite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Grundulum posted:

Stuck in an endless loop: the game tells me I need to update and forces me to the App Store, but the App Store doesn't show an update and tells me to launch the game.

Anyone with different experiences?

I'm not in a position to check at the moment but I've seen other games do this for their pre-update maintenance. Hopefully we'll get some word how long things will be down.

Also :lol: at the price of kingdom upgrades. I'm glad I maxed Zaejin before this.

gromdul posted:

LOL took the highest difficulty for a spin. A Skeleton has 18 attack and over 30 armor.

That is the dumbest thing.