Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

BetterWeirdthanDead posted:

Out of all the timed, daily, and weekly events, is it even worthwhile to do PVP anymore?

Dungeons have been easy to plow through but the new Delves are slow. I also wound up with about 90 unused Raid tokens last week because I didn’t have time to grind through those and the new content.

Yeah I pretty much only have time to do it for the events honestly. There is just so much other poo poo to do the PVP is the last thing I worry about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I was buying the gem pack every day but I decided to just do it on Sunday. I might go back and start buying it again every day though since I want to craft more dudes and don’t have enough diamonds.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Is everyone just using their normal delve team for the faction event?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Thejaff posted:

For the Delve event, if you go past your current room level in All Seeing Eye, it sticks. I had it at level 100 for farming and because I got to 110 in the event, my regular Delve is now 110...

Well ok that settles the fact that I won't be doing the delve event then. :shrug:

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Devor posted:

Likewise. I think I'll experiment with trying to build a team around Glaycion.

Are there any troops like Princess Fizzbang that explode a board and then give an extra turn? I really like the gameplay of using her to generate mana and a fresh board to scout for automatic 4- or 5-matches when I use Glaycion or Wrath's abilities

My problem with her is that her explode is not at all reliable. I've gone like 3 turns in a row of using it and not having it go off.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

This game looks legit good on the Xs Maxxxxxx

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

waffles beyond waffles posted:

Can I use a hero if going for faction-only delves?

Don't forget to buy the Jar of Eyes if you missed it last time like I did.

Where can you buy the jar of eyes?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Disillusionist posted:

Under Games -> Faction Event, then in the Shop tab.

Perfect thanks! Took me a second to actually see it there.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Grundulum posted:

Reminder to everyone that this week there is a new mythic troop being released. Play the game as normal, but make sure to collect all your guild seals. Once the Friday reset rolls around, we can start spending Orbs of Clans to push our weekly seal total above 40k and make those chests better.

Excellent! I've got a few burning a hole in my pocket.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

What are people using for invasions this week?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I've been using
Progress Banner
Sifu Yuan ***
Yao Guai ***
Thorn Knight ***
Lady Anareil***

Working pretty good so far. They all kinda feed each other and the event troop gets mana super drat fast. I'm only on level 40 though so I am sure this falls apart eventually lol.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

OK yeah my team is stalling out at level 70.

Sifu Yuan only does 100 damage to a tower so yeah...

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Grundulum posted:

We’re still pretty far away as a guild. I say give it till Friday evening (US time) before tossing Orbs of Clans at this. That should make it a bit easier on people who have a life outside Gems of War.

Yeah its been a busy week for me I'm only at 600/1500. I'll get to 1500 by Friday night though.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

porktree posted:

9247 Guild Keys later, and zilch.

Yeah 8000+ for me lol

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

voodoo dog posted:

In Gem Boys, there are not even 200 towers yet for 2 more Chaos Orbs.. So if you still have some tokens it'd be awesome if we could get that done.

I’ve got about 15 tokens left or so I’ll try and burn through them.

Looks like we need 150 more towers at this point.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

OK so my week can get pretty messed up but I kinda don't understand this guild wars thing.

Like if I do one battle a day I won't even get through the first 5 battles right? Like if I Do all of them on friday I can do all the days at once?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Grundulum posted:

All 30 guild wars scores get counted. Players have asked since the introduction of this mode for it to be 27/30, but devs haven’t done that.

The way Guild Wars works is that
(1) every day you get five sigils for that day’s war.
(2) as long as you enter and complete a single battle—win or lose—you can earn as much as 2000 points for your defense team that day.
(3) if you do not use all five sigils that day, you can use them later in the week.
(4) you can forfeit all remaining sigils for a given day, moving you to the next day’s war (different opposition guild and bonus color).
(5) you can not go back to an earlier day after you skip it.
(6) at the end of each 24 hour period, all points earned by all 30 players in both guilds are totaled. The winner gets a neat prize.
(7) at the end of the week, the six daily scores from all ten teams in the bracket are totaled. The teams are then potentially shifted up or down based on their rank within the bracket: #1 goes up two brackets, #2-3 go up one, #4-7 stay put, #8-9 go down one bracket, and #10 goes down two.

And yes, Gem Boiz has been slowly slipping down the rankings. Part of this is that we have more new players than we did immediately after the last major reorganization, which means more people who have trouble going 4-1 or 5-0 with any team, let alone an on-color one. Another part is that we are dealing with more inactive players than we used to. Such is life. We’ve never been a particularly tryhard guild, though we have members who are individually awesome at most game modes. I don’t want to be the one who starts talking about instituting minimum activity levels. (This is in part because I am having trouble taking care of “daily” tasks lately, let alone the larger modes like Raid, Invasion, or class/faction events.)

This seems overly complicated lol

Thanks though I think I understand it.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Grundulum posted:

As the current guild leader, I would be happier with something official that I can point to. I like the idea of Gem Boiz being the try-harder guild and cycling players to/from Blossums as needed. We just need to make sure that we leave a goon account as guild leader in Blossums so we retain control of that guild.

Right now, I would divide our players into four groups: “active/tryhard”, “regular”, “casual”, and “inactive”. Within this entirely subjective system, we have 16 active players, 5 regular, 6 casual, and 3 inactive. (No, I am not saying who falls in which of the top three groups, since I made these up in about ten seconds.) Given that, I think we could send three players to Blossums for lack of activity: MarcusSA, DoubleWelp, and Funso Banjo. If there is genuine interest in a large-scale shuffling, the “casual” players might find themselves in Blossums as well. But certainly the inactive players can be replaced by more active goons in Blossums or another pubbie guild.

Yeah sorry you can go ahead and kick me. I just don't have as much time to play the game as I used to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah the game is still great but I just don’t have as much time to devote to it.

Marvel puzzle quest takes up most of my match 3 time ( it’s terrible but it’s a sunk cost at this point).

Good luck guys definitely reorganize and try hard.