Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Russian Remoulade
Feb 22, 2009
As a former P&D addict, this will probably be super bad for me.

invite code: Donglover

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Russian Remoulade
Feb 22, 2009

Jibo posted:

I'm officially the number 1 trophy getter for Gem Boiz. :smugdog:

Arena is just too much fun and the steady gold and soul income from it is great.

Donglover does arena all day erry day :colbert:

Russian Remoulade
Feb 22, 2009

Shwqa posted:

Do arena until you got an entire team of 10+ units. Then pvp.

This is the best advice in the thread. Regardless of what the OP says, your best bet for gold early on when you have poo poo units that have no levels is to do the one activity where that doesn't matter.

Drafting purely off the tier list that got posted and covering as many colors as I can, I got 8 wins consistently unless I got lazy or impatient. Even then I've never not broken even and walked out with less than one key for my troubles.

Do arena. Do it.

Russian Remoulade fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Aug 21, 2015

Russian Remoulade
Feb 22, 2009

Zotix posted:

Where is this tier list?

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3711191&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=62#post448750173

E: that should probably go in the OP

Russian Remoulade fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Aug 21, 2015

Russian Remoulade
Feb 22, 2009
Is there any reason to hold onto multiple copies of the same troops?

Russian Remoulade
Feb 22, 2009

Shwqa posted:

Ah yes. If you raise a unit to max level (15) it increases the rank of its home kingdom. You do not need 15 copies.

Thank loving christ; I was suddenly very worried.

Russian Remoulade
Feb 22, 2009

DaveWoo posted:

Okay, so my farming strategy seems to be working pretty well for me so far - I'm racking up a net +300-400 gold per successful Invade, along with +32-40 souls and usually 1-2 treasure maps (which I then convert into even more gold).

For any other prospective farmers out there, I strongly recommend leveling up Alchemist, Valkyrie, and Banshee.

Maybe I'm god awful but I never seem to get any maps to pop out of that combo. Gold is fine, but my cascades are never big enough.

Russian Remoulade
Feb 22, 2009
Pulled my first two legendaries today. Jarl Firemantle seems pretty rad for a conversion team but I'm not sure how I feel about Gorgotha; random effects tend to backfire on me. Then again, nuking the board can produce pretty silly results sometimes.

Russian Remoulade fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Aug 23, 2015

Russian Remoulade
Feb 22, 2009
I'm happy to handle Gem Boiz invites if someone in leadership feels like promoting donglover up from rabble; I've been playing too much of this drat game anyway.

Russian Remoulade
Feb 22, 2009

grrarg posted:

and summon an Orc. Bleh.

Someday I'll make a black beast/summoner team work.

Russian Remoulade
Feb 22, 2009
Besides, some degree of weekly gold contribution is probably a better indication of activity than that last battle timestamp.

Russian Remoulade
Feb 22, 2009
If y'all could refrain from booting Donglover from the Gem Boiz while I disappear for a week that'd be great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Russian Remoulade
Feb 22, 2009
Gem Boiz is in the low 300s last I checked; it's pretty slow going at this point. Not that it really matters once you get beyond 5k trophies and hit challenger for max bonus gold.