Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009
I've been seeing some crazy poo poo in PVP. Like level 45s with multiple legendaries/epics fully leveled. I cannot imagine how much money they're dropping on this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009
A comedy team of Goblin/Goblin King/Goblin Queen(other King)/Goblin Rocketeer?

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

DaveWoo posted:

Quick question - do the special weekly items you can buy with Glory typically go for 50-80 Glory apiece, or are there more expensive items out there? Trying to decide how much Glory I should keep around, just in case.

They're usually around 70. The 50 Glory item this week was up a month or two ago at 70. I'm hoping they throw Bear and a few others out at a reduced price over the next few weeks, so I can pick them up since I wasn't PVP'ing when their first time around.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009
You need a troop at 15 to rank up your Kingdom. The only reason I know of to have multiples of a troop is to have them defend multiple kingdoms for pvp (attach them to multiple banners).

Ranking up kingdoms helps with getting tributes and increased stat bonuses if you have that kingdom selected.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

1337kutkufan6969 posted:

You only have to defend your home kingdom, and I'm pretty sure you can use the same troop for multiple banners. The banners just let you make a bunch of different teams that give bonuses to troops from their kingdom.

Ah, I misunderstood how that worked.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009
I have 10+ of all of the common units. It's really too bad that maybe two or three of them are actually useful.

Found a link that has the treasure list:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...campaign=buffer

CoffeeQaddaffi fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Aug 22, 2015

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009
They may be good duders but having 3 of your team be questline rewards is the exact opposite of what I consider a starter team. I've used hero, Sapphira, Goblin, Skeleton pretty much exclusively since I started and its gone swimmingly. Half of the team being Commons helps it fall more under the definition of "starter team" also.

Now for serious face rolling, that looks like a good team.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

vulturesrow posted:

Sapphira was pretty easy and once I got her then it just got silly. Hers was the third kingdom I cleared.

I got her pretty early from a lucky key.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

gromdul posted:

Good news! You can buy gems! For $50 bucks you can get enough gems for a 500 gem armor, and have some gems to spare!

never not whale in your F2P games :v:

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

TeffaBob posted:

Can you try again?

Invite sent.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

rotaryfun posted:

Is there a way to tell the mana cost of a spell. I'm yet to figure that out.

Click the cog in the lower right of the main screen, and select Detailed Help. I THINK you can do this in a battle, but not sure.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

:stare: I did not know this.

Correction: You can't turn it on in battle, only from the main screen.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Jibo posted:

Unfortunately Epic and Legendary take a fair bit more to level. I could stand to have a slightly better method for getting souls, as much as I do like Arena.

Get one of the +Souls armors as soon as you can then. I have the +50%Gold/+25%Souls I think, and its pretty nice. 99% of my battles give me 5 souls instead of 4, which adds up. Once you have one or two level 15s, PVP (Invasions) becomes quite a bit easier and you can get souls every Monday from that, though you might need to achieve Rank 1 for them.

But the most efficient method for soul grinding is Arena.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Smugworth posted:

If anybody has a slot open, my invite code is GREEDY and I stay regular with Citrucel

Birudojin posted:

If any guilds have space, can I get an invite for user name "GOBALOPPER"?

I just tried to invite you both to Gem Boys, but you appear to be in guilds already. If you're not in a goon guild, you need to leave it first before you can be invited.

Tiny Chalupa posted:

What are people thoughts on the new items for glory? I'm slightly interested in the black sword but not sure if or when it replaces my staff except maybe arena

At 12/13 mana, they're kind of on the expensive side for what they do. But the sword synergizes amazingly with Skeleton and other skull generators.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009
I think that's a problem with playing on a mobile device. It stays logged in if you don't fully kill the app, and so will sometimes not see that a day has passed or something. I've noticed it in a couple other games.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009
Well, hadn't seen mention of it, but just saw Tribute from Grosh-Nak. 40 Souls at Kingdom level 3.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

DaveWoo posted:

They just released a new kingdom, Wild Plains, along with some new units.

Also, double gold and EXP gains for this weekend.

Gnolls look mean for anti-Brown use. at 15, deal 7 damage to random, triple if they use brown.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Beef Hardcheese posted:

I'm on the verge of getting 500 gems, is there a consensus on whether the +100% souls or +100% gold armor is more useful? It's largely academic, since I'm sitting on 5k souls, 50+ keys, and regularly dumping 2-5k into guild missions, I may just get whichever looks cooler.

Much like MMOs, prettiest pixel barbies is what matters. Get what looks best to you.

As for Gem Boys chat, I think we should prune the dead weight and then check again in the Android/Imobiles threads.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009
Invite DUB C please.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

RussianBear posted:

I can't describe it either, but I liked the old animations better. I guess I'm still trying to get used to the update.

Has anybody found any good invade teams that take advantage of the new bonus system?

Paladin in a Whitehelm team is pretty brutal, and find a +Y/+G or YY/GG banner to feed quicker. With just Sapphira and Paladin as the synergistic troops he's hitting for 16 with his power, which is a mite on the expensive side with Sap there also eating the yellow mana. I've got them under the Yellow Cup banner (was unlocked with Whitehelm before, now no clue). i haven't worked out anything more from there.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009
If you're looking for a reason to use undead troops use Ghulvania ones. +2 Life, +6 Armor, and +2 Magic for 4 Ghulvanians and 4 undead.

loving around with troops really shows me that I've been lack in my souls/training game, though. :(

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009
I had four or five kingdoms I hadn't finished the quests on and they're all level 1 now. So the only reason to do the quests is to get a "free" troop now.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009
People haven't updated their defenders to take advantage of the bonuses it looks like. So get some easy invades in. Lately its taken me until Thursday or Friday to get a decent amount of invades in, but I'm already Rank 6 in about 2 hours of invading.

I've used nothing but G. Rocket/Boar Rider/Goblin/G. Shaman today and lost the Rocket once in about 15 games. Goblin is the only 15, with everyone else at ~7 and no one's health is below 19 or 20. Its absolutely gross. I'm afraid to mess with the order (put Shaman ahead of Boar Rider), but I think it would have better synergy Rocket/Goblin or Shaman/Boar/other of Gobbo or Shaman.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Wolfsbane posted:

I can't do invades any more, the kingdom bonuses mean all my opponents have double my stats. I also don't have a full set of bullshit goblins, and my previous team is now pretty worthless because it doesn't the right types. gently caress this patch basically.

If you're playing this on steam and find that you're going to lose, close the program with the Red 'X' and it eats the battle. Granted, you're out the cost of admission to the fight but your streak bonus doesn't go away. And what's really killed is Arena, unless you have a list of what the kingdom symbols are lying around so you can match the choices. And have your kingdoms maxed out.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Malloc Voidstar posted:

Can't you just Retreat without closing the game

Gives a loss and kills your invasion streak.

One thing they need to do is give more incentive to complete the story quests. As is, you only really get a single troop out of them.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Bandire posted:

They really need to just let us donate any kind of currency (gold, souls, glory, gems, MAPS OH GOD MAPS) for a gold equivalent in guild tasks. I've been blowing gems on magic keys for a while now, and my souls are piling up now that there's (currently) no reason to upgrade poo poo troops.

While Team Goblin is hilariously broken (L15 Goblin, L7 Rocket/Boar/Shaman has 78 combined Health; its bonkers) there's no doubt other team-ups that will eventually be found to be equally gross. Find one that works and level it up. I think there's actually more incentive to level the commons and rares now that its not all Legendaries all the time.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009
I'm beginning to wonder if they only tested the bonuses for PVP. I'm cleaning up story quests and got an all Whitehelm match in Ghulvania with 2 Paladins and 2 Templars. :suicide:

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Wolfsbane posted:

You think they tested any of this poo poo?

I want to believe.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009
Could have had inflated Magic stat, and armor does nothing when you get to do a shitload of True Damage.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

dantheman650 posted:

Turns out I'm a dummy. I didn't realize I was getting a specific color bonus, I thought it was for all colors. Since the kingdom had a brown gem, I thought it was an I colored gem to represent all gems. Oops.

Another dumb question - I had a Satyr and opened another one with the iron key but it still says 1x underneath the card in my troops list. Is this another case of me missing something obvious?

You probably have a Satyr on some team. Looking through my banners, there's a bunch of one or two troop teams.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Grundulum posted:

FYI: rumor mill (and demo of 1.0.8 at PAX) says that you should NOT be disenchanting your spare cards for souls at this point unless you're still working on building teams of level 15 troops.

Apparently multiple copies of troops can be combined to increase their rarity. So Legendary Fortress Gates are now within the realm of possibility.

Edit: on the topic of Fortress Gates, my defense team is three of those with my hero behind it holding a brown-mana weapon. Most invasions I don't even get a kill in, for obvious reasons. But there was one (prior to 1.0.7, so before any difficulty-based bonuses to attack) where I won. I really wish I could have watched a replay to learn how my opponent lost to three cards with 0 attack and a hero with a lovely brown weapon.

Monday will be the real test, but after I switched to my Goblin team this week for defenders I actually won a game. If its as retarded good in AI hands as it is in player hands, I might not have many revenges to play.

Any idea what rarity adds to a card?

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Grundulum posted:

(2) more than two types of keys, but everything only gives one troop. Any iron keys still in players' possession will be converted into "Glory Keys", which pay out at roughly the same rate and can be directly purchased using glory. Below that I suppose there will be keys bought with gold, above that perhaps different tiers of gem-bought keys?
(3) Instead of the other two troops, the other payouts from a key are crafting items, which will be used to add passive abilities to cards (the two examples I saw were "poison target on attack" and "+1 purple mana when completing a match")

This strikes me as being REALLY unbalanced. Like not at all thought through outside of "Will people throw fat stacks at us for x". Maybe they'll have rarities on the abilities/non-troops.

I'm not sure Souls should be last, yes they're expensive (22k for 100?) but when you're getting 4 to 6/8 (armor depending), 100 is a nice chunk. But I haven't touched Arena since a decent team for PVP.

edit: Never mind on the money for souls, you can get 40 souls for 10 glory.

CoffeeQaddaffi fucked around with this message at 08:27 on Nov 7, 2015

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009
+Gold/+Souls is best, since kingdoms are leveled with gold now. And Souls for your troop levels. XP is of almost tangential help, since you can get much more out of your fourth slot by using a troop instead of hero/weapon. Hero level gets you weapons, but that's about it other than a very vague gauge of player/team experience level.

Before the latest major patch, I would never really invade a 100+ level player because they would have all legends or something equally retarded. Now, I will still try to avoid all legendary teams but am more likely to give it a go since I have buckets of health to rely on (Team Gobbo Supremacy).

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

DaveWoo posted:

Looks like they fixed the Green Slime leveling bug.

Also, I've just found a fun new combo to play with:

what freakish eldritch horror am I looking at?

Edit: faced a Team Gobbo with Hobgoblin subbed in for Goblin. 96 Health at all level 15s. I just closed because gently caress that poo poo.

CoffeeQaddaffi fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Nov 17, 2015

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009
Well, it COULD give you a leg up on resources. Granted we know pretty much nothing about them.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Meridian posted:

Oh really? What a missed opportunity.

IIRC, everything is PVE except teams. PVP/Arena teams are player chosen and that's it.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

porktree posted:

Goblins, goblins GOBLINS. I am using, in order - Goblin, Boar Rider, Goblin Shaman, and Green Slime (from this weeks event). I was using a Goblin King instead of the Green Slime. Either way the bonuses are great with 3 gobs and whatever, and they combo really well.

I have that with Goblin Rocket instead of slime. I tried it with Slime replacing the Shaman and it just didn't mesh well. What I've found that meshes pretty well is Ferit/Acolyte/Ancient Horror/Green Slime. I just need to level them up because sub 10 is really rocky.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009
The fun part of an all Karakoth team is the +2 Life/+2 Magic. At like level 7, Slime is adding 7 to a skill each time it fires.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Tony Homo posted:

May I get a guild invite? Dandogdds is the invite code

Invite sent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

That's... not what make Team Gobbo monstrous. What is, is the +10 Life. I get the synergy that they're making a little less powerful, but I can (with some lucky matches) cycle through Boar/Goblin/Shaman at least once, usually twice for at least Boar when it hits right. And looking at ~90 Life at all four being 15 is retarded. I'm not sure what else might hit that, MAYBE all kingdoms at Level 10 something.