Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Usually the best use of gold is to buff your guild. I got lucky and got in the #6 guild. I donate about 5k-10k gold a day. With the whole guild working together we usually get 20 diamonds, 2 maps, and 6 keys a day. And my masteries are all at like 50

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

FadedReality posted:

I'm level 14 and can't seem to beat Sheggra. What sort of setup should I be going in with?

What units are you using and which do you have?

Edit: or just play arena once or twice and level up your units.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

FadedReality posted:

You can't access the Arena until you beat Sheggra :shepicide:

The closest I've gotten (only Sheggra left with 12 HP and me down to one guy) was with Zhulkari banner, Hunter's Spear on my hero, Reaver, Goblin Shaman, and Archon Statue.

I have: Fortress Gate, Acolyte, Priestess, Centaur Scout, Dwarven Miner, Bombardier, Scale Guard, Satyr, Zombie, Banshee, Flesh Golem, Dire Wolf, Rex Warrior, Frost Giant, Peasant, Lance Knight, Warhound, Goblin

I wasted about 7,000 gold on keys before I realized I should probably hold onto most of it.

e: also, wasn't aware levelling one color got you better weapons so I spread my points all around. Would I be better off just restarting if I can?

Doesn't Sheggra make a bunch of skulls? Frost giant deals 1 extra damage for each skull on the board.

Also don't worry too much about your level mastery. It seems random to what you can pick each level.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

FadedReality posted:

YES that did it! Frost Giant with the 18 damage last turn win. Arena riches here I come!
Awesome!

Make sure you got to setting and turn on detailed help. It is the only way to see the cost of skills and the boost ratios they receive.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Oh dang there two weapons to buy with glory this week.

Staff of maddness looks fun but is a joke. 16 mana to deal (magic)+0 damage to all enemies and steal one skill from each is just too much cost for too little. Probably could have been around 12-14 cost.

Farsight orb actually looks quite good. With the right kingdom you can charge it up in two matches. 7 orbs to blue isn't as good as other orb generating unit (usually max at 10 orbs), but the skill up balances that out. And blue is a really important color. A lot of strong units have blue.

Shwqa fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Aug 17, 2015

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

TotallyUnoriginal posted:

Hah, I was about to volunteer to set up the second guild.

Toss an invite over to Geldinham once it's up. Do you need to upgrade the guild to increase its size?

I believe so yes. It is based on trophies. And today everyone is likely to get a lot of trophies trying to get to rank 1.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Toshimo posted:

Are you sure you can pull Rocket Goblin from keys when he's not available for wings?

I think there is a few weeks delay before you can get them from chest.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Obscil posted:

Which of the PvE areas give good epics? I'm not really sure what would be good yet.

I would say lady sapphira is probably the best. She is very strudy and can win games by herself.

I hear Lau is pretty good too. He can easily get 20+ attack and wreck the other team. But he is not as study as lady.

The bard (I forget his name) is really nice. He explodes a large percent of the board. He usually refills himself to about 50%-75% and give the rest of the team a decent amount of mana as well.

The archer is okay in my mind. She takes a while to charge but AOE damage is nice. I removed her from my team pretty quickly though.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

You can tell if a unit counts as beast if there is a paw right above their level.

Fey's have a butterfly. Demons have a skull thingy.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Haha i just had a crazy match. I had webspinner and valkryie and they had rockworm and acolyte. The board was changing around like crazy.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Man goblin rocket is super annoying to fight against. The ai always manages to get a 4 of a kind or skulls after using him.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Im about a month in as well of playing a few matches a day. I got 70+ maps, 400 gems, and about 10 level 15 units. I stopped playing arena once my team each max level, because pvp and maps were more fun for me.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Cinara posted:

I could use an invite to a Goon Guild whenever, ID is CINRAa.

EDIT: Also wow, the Arena is a great source of souls and keys and is really easy to do forever since even 2 wins gives you your gold back and 8 wins is easy if you make sure to get a good color balance.

What is the best way to get gems though?

a fine tuned guild is the best source of gems. And maybe the only source of gems. I think I got 10 gem from my kingdom one time.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

I forgot about maps giving gems. I can usually get about 3 gems a map if I ignore making red chest.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Tiny Chalupa posted:

How do the rewards compare?

Arena if you get 8 wins before you lose twice.
1500 gold
400 souls
2 keys
10 trophies

It does have a 1000 gold entrance fee. And you do get the standard win rewards each victory. Usually 50ish gold and 2 souls.

Pvp

17-(your current rank) in glory each day. At the end of the week you get an amount of souls. Rank 1 gives 300 souls.

Shwqa fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Aug 20, 2015

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

A good trick for pvp. Look at your opponent's armor and kingdom.

If they have default armor then you probably found an easy win.

If they have default armor and kingdom then you got really good odds their team sucks.

If they have 500 gems armor then reroll.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Ragingsheep posted:

Or just force close the game before you lose - you lose the gold and bonus stars for a win-streak but not your current number of stars.

And lose my streak!? NEVER

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Oh man I'm only 85 gems away from a 500 gem armor. I'm having a hard time deciding which to get. The gold armor is awesome for guild, but I already donate a lot and it just not very exciting. The soul armor makes a normal match give about 30-40 souls with valkryie. And the soul armor looks better.

I think I want to make as many troops level 15 before I burn out on this game. So I'm leaning on the soul armor.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

drat I didn't think guild space would be this big of issue. I would definitely join a public guild in the meantime. Not being in a guild makes the game much slower.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

I love how uninterested the male faces are.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

TeffaBob posted:

Likewise, I'd like to PVP but I keep getting matched with lvl30+ targets when I'm only lvl10.

Do arena until you got an entire team of 10+ units. Then pvp.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

You need ten of them for a... rank up I think?

Wait what? What is a rank up?

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Ah yes. If you raise a unit to max level (15) it increases the rank of its home kingdom. You do not need 15 copies.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

1337kutkufan6969 posted:

You only have to defend your home kingdom, and I'm pretty sure you can use the same troop for multiple banners. The banners just let you make a bunch of different teams that give bonuses to troops from their kingdom.

Ranking up a kingdom gives you a bonus when invade or defend there. I have +1 armor to my whole team on two kingdoms.

This is different than the banner or mana bonus,

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

One the gems of war forum people were claiming of you just want diamonds then making only up to green chest is the best route.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Zotix posted:

So I just pulled a Kerberos, who destroys another troop and adds their attack, armor, and life to your own. He seems really good even though I haven't played with him yet.

The chance to instantly kill an enemy is 25%, which is pretty good. You just got to get a few minons to powerful him up and you can be eating the enemy team in no time.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Zotix posted:

Are the Mobile and the Steam versions different? Or can you load up your mobile version on steam?

I can load up between ios and android so you probably can switch to steam. But you have to plat the tutorial before you can log into your account.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

gently caress yeah I got the 500 gems armor. 800 souls from arena :getin:

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

The game does give the player better odds of bullshit matches than the ai. It used to be even but after enough complaints they give the AI worse luck.

Also if you go the gems of war website you can see the level 15 stats of every unit, every weapon, and hero stats. You don't need to level stuff to max to see if it is good.

Edit: dark song (the new kingdom epic) does magic+6 damage and her level 15 magic is 4. And the link http://gemsofwar.com/game-guide-troop-list/

Shwqa fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Aug 27, 2015

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Grundulum posted:

Could I get an invite to one of the guilds? Just started playing last night, and I'm feeling pinched by lack of gold. Still haven't beaten Sheggra, but barely have enough gold to do one more quest.

Do some pvp. The ai is dumb even if they good units.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

porktree posted:

Ya, I went to check just now and wouldn't connect. Now it works, and now it says 24. Either attrition of I'm bad at reading numbers.

What does rank do? Or mean? In the guild.

Rank is what determines the amount of players is allowed in the guild and how much daily gold people receive each day.

Max is 30 players and double the daily gold (1000 if you login daily).

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Tiny Chalupa posted:

First legendary

Goblin king

A I missing something or is he kinda. poo poo

He is annoying to fight against. In the third slot he just keeps healing and replacing dudes. By the time I can skull him, he is at 30+ health.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

So this week's legendary minion looks pretty meh. Weak random damage but an insane bonus if you can kill an enemy. Fun gimmick though.

The weapon looks amazing though. 6 light to change any one gem to red and change a random your magic's worth of gem to red. That is a super cheap board changer with some control.

Shwqa fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Sep 8, 2015

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Whats everyone's quick pvp team?

Im still using webspinner, valkryie, lady, and hero with the eye. It works fine but more speed would be nice.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

SeaTard posted:

Do you get the souls back from leveling your troops if you fire your guys later? I don't want to level these random units I've been getting if it'll all be a waste.

You don't get a refund but there is an increase of souls. But like someone said level 15 units are valuable even if they aren't on your team.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

DaveWoo posted:

Yeah, Keeper of Souls owns. I'm running a team right now with Gloom Leaf/Keeper of Souls, and it's just ridiculous.

He just got a buff this week too. His ability cost 2 less now.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

The sword seems better than the axe, both seem kinda meh. Though the sword is fine for the standard gold and soul farming team. Fills in a non used color and removes skulls so the enemy team can't kill you with a lucky cascade.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

I finally got venoxia with 15 magic keys.

Now my new pvp team is webspinner, venoxia, goblin rocket, goblin shaman with a +2 green bonus. Everything just feeds the webspinner. Venoxia sets up a good board for webspinner to chain off of. And the goblins are nice at cleaning things up. If the dragon die though I'm pretty screwed. Course I usually get about 5+ moves per my opponent's one, so i haven't lost a troop yet.

Shwqa fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Sep 16, 2015

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Grundulum posted:

Is it the case that everything I see when I press "Show All" is available using keys?

Yea except summer imp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

I don't feel like playing anymore. And I'm pretty sure I can give away my account. Does anyone want it? I got a 500 gem armor, most the units in the game, I think I got about half the legendaries, and a bunch of level 15 units. I also got 36 keys, 216 maps, 200 gems, and I'm in the 5th best guild.

Shwqa fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Sep 26, 2015