Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thejaff
Jun 14, 2002
Bines au lard

Bandire posted:

Post your invite code and we'll add you to the list.

Here's the current list:

MAISTA (forgot my own birthday)
Sarmhan 1 (Ein Sexmonster)
VideoPaine (big cummers ONLY)
???  (Bob James)
LANDION_HPNH    (King of the Cosmos)

If you can add me to the list. Invite code is THE JAFF. Started playing 3 weeks ago. Currently level 160 with a few level 10 kingdoms but my current guild isn't very active.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thejaff
Jun 14, 2002
Bines au lard
Haven't see it posted, but there's a new redeem code : WEAREBACKK

Thejaff
Jun 14, 2002
Bines au lard

LLSix posted:

Where do you put codes in?

http://gemsofwar.com/game-code/

Thejaff
Jun 14, 2002
Bines au lard

Morter posted:

I was looking for a place to get more.

Codes usually don't last more than 24 hours. You won't find a bunch of older codes working.

Thejaff
Jun 14, 2002
Bines au lard

Grundulum posted:

Thanks for this (but not for calling us jerks! :argh:). That leaves an extra slot in Gem Blossums, possibly two if Diquebutte doesn't get their act together and start playing soon.

If you want to fill that slot, post your invite code and leave your current guild.

I should be on the waiting list, left current guild. Invite code THE JAFF

Thejaff
Jun 14, 2002
Bines au lard

Grundulum posted:

Edit: oh, and if we win a GW battle I'll be curious to know if you get the 50-seal bonus also.

I got the bonus

Thejaff
Jun 14, 2002
Bines au lard

Hey Fingercuffs posted:

So I have a question about Guild chests I thought when the guild got over 20k seals that white cards were supposed to come out of the pool. But I did a couple pulls last week after Gem Blossums for 20k and got a ton of white cards.

I believe you stop getting white guardian troops once you have 4 Mythic copies of them

Thejaff
Jun 14, 2002
Bines au lard
Not mentioned in the patch, but opponent AI doesn't always go for skull matches now. I lost a GW because I gave the AI a useless skull match but it used one of it's troop's ability instead.

Thejaff
Jun 14, 2002
Bines au lard

Kevos Setzer posted:

You can set Defense AI priorities on the PvP Defenders screen. I don't know how to make it work with your Guild Wars defense teams, but it is something to watch for now.

GW uses your PVP defense team, so it's likely it also uses the AI priorities. It's just that the default AI prioritize abilities now over skull matches, even in explore/challenge mode, something it wasn't doing before.

Thejaff
Jun 14, 2002
Bines au lard

Grundulum posted:

Admittedly, the 11th and 12th tasks give 25 diamonds and +4 armor for the trouble, but is that worth the benefit compared to doing lower tasks in other colors?

Don't think it's worth it. Probably best to spread the tasks.

Thejaff
Jun 14, 2002
Bines au lard
I'm in Blossums, been doing guild wars daily since joining months ago.

I'm assuming the guild wars players will move to the highest ranked guild? Blossums is 190, what is Boiz's rank?

Thejaff
Jun 14, 2002
Bines au lard

Grundulum posted:

The Jaff - THE JAFF (no underscore?)

Correct

Thejaff
Jun 14, 2002
Bines au lard
Just had the longest fight in guild wars

Was facing a goblin team that kept the board and destroyed 3 of my troops while I was able to kill some of his goblins.
I was left with a 0 attack Silvermaiden vs his 0 attack Goblin Rocket that had close to 200 hp.

Took almost 30 minutes chipping at his life, exploding rows with skulls...

I didn't even know there was a 1k life limit.

Thejaff
Jun 14, 2002
Bines au lard

waffles beyond waffles posted:

The levels of gem output will exceed my gem income if I go hard on these events every week. I bought the weapon but will probably stop there.

If you're gonna stop at tier 3, you're better off just crafting the weapon in the Soulforge.

Thejaff
Jun 14, 2002
Bines au lard

Grundulum posted:

No idea which is better right now. I suspect that it’s faster to win rank 10 with a full hunter team (currently worth x16 for me) than to beat rank 20 with a captain-only team (which would be worth x8). I’ll have to play a while longer to test the theory, though.

I use 2 bounty hunters with Infernus and Aisha for rank 20. No losses yet. Thats 200 x 13 bonus for 2600 points. I can only reliably kill rank 11 with my full bounty hunters team which is only 110 x 18 bonus for 1980 points.

I probably should add that one of my bounty hunter troop is green, 2 others are blue and I used an orb on my Ice Wraith to make it Legendary.

Thejaff
Jun 14, 2002
Bines au lard

Ice Wraith, Asha, Infernus and Scavenger. What can I say, it works.

Thejaff
Jun 14, 2002
Bines au lard

Bandire posted:

How close are the battles using that team? I have been using Gorgotha, Infernus, Yao Gai, Ice Wraith on 20. I don't really come that close to losing, but they have a lot of life to chew through without having a tank.

Some I just melt through once Infernus gets going, some have been fairly close. Ice Wraith doesn't survive often. I'm up to 48800 points with 3 battles remaining for today so I would assume 100% success on a dozen rank 20 battles? That includes one where Infernus was the lone survivor and only won because Lamia and Valkyrie couldn't touch him.

Thejaff
Jun 14, 2002
Bines au lard
I'm using the exact same thing except Snow Guardian instead of Winter Knight. That slot should be filled by a mana generator but there's no decent choice.

Thejaff
Jun 14, 2002
Bines au lard

Night Danger Moose posted:

So what elemental team are y'all rocking for this invasion?

Ironbark***
Mang (titan)***
Forest Troll***
Infernus***

No loss yet at tower 87. Ironbark just chews through towers and if he falls, Mang takes over

Thejaff
Jun 14, 2002
Bines au lard
A day too late but since it's slightly different than what's been posted so far, my yellow team is:

Gorgotha***
Hellcat***
Infernus***
Jotnar Stormshield***

I probably need something better for brown team, but i've been using:
Gorgotha***
Lady Ironbeard***
Yasmine's Chosen***
King Highforge***

Thejaff
Jun 14, 2002
Bines au lard

Kevos Setzer posted:

Second, what are people using for the raid this week? I'm having a bit more luck than I normally do, but I may not have hit my usual limit quite yet. All of these are fully traited:

I'm using

Mang
Queen's Herald
Queen Isabelle
Sir Gwayne

Mang with Queen Isabelle is hilariously broken

Thejaff
Jun 14, 2002
Bines au lard

porktree posted:

Did you guys also loose your login bonus? I’m reset to day 1.

Everyone got reset for the change to daily login bonus and monthly bonus

Thejaff
Jun 14, 2002
Bines au lard

Depends posted:

Also a gem exploder buff, it can add a nice bit of damage to an explosion.

I just killed a gnome and there's a little reaper pet thing to rescue. Are people using discord now for this, should I get that on my phone?

I've reported a few on discord but I don't think it's being used, there's barely anyone in there.

Thejaff
Jun 14, 2002
Bines au lard

Night Danger Moose posted:

Anyone got a team that doesn't suck for the invasion? I somehow still don't have a Wulfgarok and that is seriously a roadblock. The decent troops all colourblock each other.

Wulfgarok is only really useful early on since he can't devour towers. I assume I'll replace it with Mang eventually making my team:

Sir Wulfric
Totem Guardian
Spiritdancer
Wulgarok/Mang
Trident banner that will probably switch to Slayer banner when I switch to Mang

Wargare are seriously lacking utility troops, thank god they introduced Spiritdancer this week

Thejaff
Jun 14, 2002
Bines au lard

Disillusionist posted:

What defense teams are y'all using for Guild Wars? Here are some of my more effective ones this week:

I need suggestions for Purple, Blue and Red though because my teams got waxed this week. Even my Dwarf team on red week got wrecked.

My blue defense is:
Asura
Infernus
Famine
Elemaugrim
it went 6/8 this week

My brown defense was golbins, went 2/5

My yellow defense needs some work, this:
Wild Fang
Dark Maiden
Visk
Spirit Fox
only went 1/5

My purple defense is:
Korvash
Valk
Kraken
Mab
it went 1/3

My green defense was Glaycion/Doomhammer, it went 0/3

Red defense is standard dwarves, currently 1/2

I'll give Glaycion team another shot next time, see if it fares better. It's my regular pvp defense currently and its doing ok

Thejaff
Jun 14, 2002
Bines au lard

tithin posted:

How do I join the guild, as a brand new player?

Post your invite code, I believe Gem Blossoms have room

Thejaff
Jun 14, 2002
Bines au lard
I've been using:

Unicorn Banner
Old Man Oakroot
Green Seer
Yasmine's Chosen
Dryad

I'm only at tower 97 but it's been easy so far.

Thejaff fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Jul 31, 2018

Thejaff
Jun 14, 2002
Bines au lard
On normal he's very easy. You'll have to worry more about his troops escaping than you losing the fight.

Got the new mythic after 6k guild seals and 200 glory keys. Karma after I spent every single seals/keys I had and 4k gems without getting Suna last time.

Thejaff fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Aug 3, 2018

Thejaff
Jun 14, 2002
Bines au lard

dead in real life posted:

What happens if his troops escape? You get less treasure?

Correct

Thejaff
Jun 14, 2002
Bines au lard

porktree posted:

Invasion troop advice? There are so many demons to choose. The event weapon looks interesting; I'm assuming boosted by all enemy towers means 'boosted by the attack' of all enemy towers. I'm doing the first bits with Psion, Gorg, Kerb, and Elemaugrim - but I don't think this is the team that will get to the end.

I've been using
Sir Mordayne
Hellcat
Yao Guai
Hero

It's been cake so far, but only at tower 86, dunno how it will fare later on
Hellcat feeds Mordayne and Yao, and Yao easily gets rid of barriers if needed. I haven't cast my Hero's weapon a single time so that slot can be anything.

Thejaff
Jun 14, 2002
Bines au lard

LLSix posted:

Any recommendations for a looping team? I think those might be more in reach for us players without a full stable of mythics. I tried

When I started out and didn't have any mythics and not many legendaries, I was using a looping team of

Forest Troll
Giant Spider
Kraken
Green Seer

It won vs everything but it was really really really slow

Thejaff
Jun 14, 2002
Bines au lard

porktree posted:

So that's going to be 3 lairs x 2 kingdoms x 8 battles per day for Delve?

You get 3 shots at Delve daily, regardless of the number of factions.

Thejaff
Jun 14, 2002
Bines au lard
For the Delve event, if you go past your current room level in All Seeing Eye, it sticks. I had it at level 100 for farming and because I got to 110 in the event, my regular Delve is now 110...

Thejaff
Jun 14, 2002
Bines au lard

Gorgotha/Divinia make the Guardian's Delve fairly trivial, with the exceptions of transformation or troop movement abilities. Try to fill out you colors and explode your way through the Delve.

Tacet was running Gorgotha/Divinia/Megavore/Queen Aurora. I don't have the unicorn, so I swapped her for the Arachnaean Weaver with the Lantern Banner.

I think the Weaver is a better choice, since Megavore is basically true damage. You can target troops in back to get them within the kill range of the Weaver, who can then explode the board as well. It doesn't happen every match, but there's been times where the Weaver will fill itself a few times in a row, ending the fight quickly.

Megavore's 8% kill is totally unreliable, but pretty great when it works!

But you don't need Megavore or Weaver to utilize the engine or Gorgotha/Divinia.

I've been using something similar for both Delve

Mountain Crusher +9 (Titan)
Forest Troll
Arachnaean Weaver
Megavore

It's trivial so far but I stopped at level 110 to farm

Thejaff
Jun 14, 2002
Bines au lard

Bandire posted:

Is Arachnaean Weaver good? I hadn't hear much about him until the last couple days. I'm trying to decide what to craft next. I was thinking Undine or Anus Champ for Guild Wars, but who knows.

I like him, web is very powerful when opponents start doing considerable damage. He's built for high level delves.

Thejaff
Jun 14, 2002
Bines au lard

Devor posted:

Likewise. I think I'll experiment with trying to build a team around Glaycion.

Are there any troops like Princess Fizzbang that explode a board and then give an extra turn? I really like the gameplay of using her to generate mana and a fresh board to scout for automatic 4- or 5-matches when I use Glaycion or Wrath's abilities

Nobend Brothers but he's even more unreliable than Fizzbang.

Thejaff
Jun 14, 2002
Bines au lard
Ive been using

Mountain Crusher +9 (Titan)
Sifu Yuan
Arachnean Weaver
Diviner
Talon Banner

I'll bump Sifu to first spot once I reach 4 towers

Thejaff
Jun 14, 2002
Bines au lard

Weaver isn't as good against towers, since they can't be webbed. Plus it shares the colors of the the best Legendaries, Yao Guai and Emporer Liang.

Maybe once I get to tower level 105+ it's gonna be struggling, but at 95, Weaver is still great. Sifu's damage isnt very high, but target the last tower, finish it with Weaver who fills back Sifu/Crusher/Diviner, rince and repeat. It's been cake to get to 95, but it might struggle later on. Yao Guai would serve the same purpose but I prefer the board explosion, and Diviner is a great complement to Weaver and Sifu.

quote:

I'm surprised more teams aren't using Emperor Liang as their gem gen. What makes Diviner/Lady Anariel a better choice. I'd have thought being able to pick the color would give you a lot of extra flexibility over the other two.

Personally, because I'm using Mountain Crusher and create Duststorms, it's really easy to fill up Diviner.

Thejaff fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Oct 2, 2018

Thejaff
Jun 14, 2002
Bines au lard

voodoo dog posted:

Is it just me or does the new Mythic not seem all that interesting? Sure, it counters all-divine teams, I suppose, and doing disease on purple match sounds interesting as well, but that's pretty much it. Not sure if it's really worth going for it, what do you think?

You know they hosed up when they have to design a card exclusively to counter a specific deck. It's pretty meh vs other decks, 25-40 damage to all and board explosion that might not happen isn't worth a troop that cost 24 imo.

Thejaff fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Oct 5, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thejaff
Jun 14, 2002
Bines au lard

Recycled Karma posted:

Speaking of the hoard, is there any benefit to ascending or traiting the hoard treasures?

Ascending doesn't raise their hoard value.