Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord
I downloaded this game earlier today just to try it out, now I can't stop playing. Please help.

If there's room I'll take a guild invite when it is ready. (DAVESKISA)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord

UScr00ge posted:

drat. Just missed the train. I posted for an invite earlier but I think I got lost in the shuffle. Think it'd be worth it to set up a 3rd guild then?

Gem Blossums just ranked up and opened a new slot, I sent you an invite.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord
There is an open spot in Gem Blossoms right now, if you still need in a guild speak up!

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord

rotaryfun posted:

I do, I just started the game the other day though. Invite code is: SHEP SHEPPY

The game isn't recognizing that code, you sure that's correct?

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord

rotaryfun posted:

This is it right here right?

did I break it by having a space?

Got it - I had to put an extra space at the end for some reason, weird. Sent!

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord
If anyone still needs a guild, there are now two open spots in Gem Blossoms.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord

Doctor Goon posted:

Neato! I'm interested, my invite code is Dr Goon :)

Sent! One more available.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord
So, if you are choosing cards for the arena, don't leave the app at all. I got a text yesterday while starting the arena, switched out of the game to reply, and when I came back the game had chosen all three cards for me with no way to undo it. Hooray for all my units using blue mana (I still only lost once though :c00l: ).

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord

Beef Hardcheese posted:

Sometimes when a unit's ability is activated and 'flips over' there's a number that appears where the mana orb usually is; does anyone know what that signifies?

It is that unit's magic skill level. Some units don't have a number because their ability doesn't level up (Ogre for example).

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord
Gem Blossums has several open spots now, if anyone else still needs a guild.

Thoughts on the Elf-Eater glory reward card? Doesn't seem too appealing to me, but I feel like I should pick it up anyway just because I don't want to miss out and regret it later.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord

Deakul posted:

The interface such a pain in the dick on the PC when you've got a billion cards to sort through.

Yeah the game seriously needs a way to sort by color, rarity, name, etc.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord

Grundulum posted:

Could I get an invite to one of the guilds? Just started playing last night, and I'm feeling pinched by lack of gold. Still haven't beaten Sheggra, but barely have enough gold to do one more quest.

Edit: let's all pretend that I mentioned my invite code when I originally made the post. It's my SA username, all caps.

Invite sent for Gem Blossoms!

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord

CaptainScraps posted:

Can i get an invite? Invite name is OLD POOBS.

Invite to Gem Blossoms sent!

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord

Bandire posted:

What's guild membership looking like for the goon guilds? OG Gem Boys is still 30/30, but has at least a couple guys ready to be punted.

Gem Blossoms is at 23/26 (/27 after one more task), at least 2-3 folks look to be inactive though.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord

Grundulum posted:

Gem Blossums has four open spots. If it's time to merge guilds and subsume some of the Gooniversity, that's a fair number of their members. Especially if there are inactive players who could be booted.

How many slots do the three other goon guilds have?

There are three players in Gem Blossoms who haven't played in 2 weeks or more, we could clear those slots too. I think the guild leader has to boot them, I'm the next rank down and couldn't find the option.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord

Tiny Chalupa posted:

Hey I'm gonna be bumping you to guild leader today if that's cool with you. I don't have the time to play as much as I'd like.
Still loving the game but only play some each day

Sure, that's fine. If you want to take over again later just say so.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord
I cleaned up the Gem Blossoms roster a bit. Three inactive players were removed to make room - Candy Leader, Sterling Archer, and UScr00ge. If I was mistaken and you still want to play, we can re-invite.

That makes 7 open slots at the moment.

I also promoted a bunch of folks to fill in the higher ranks. Almost everyone can send invites now, so please feel free to do so when someone posts in the thread.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord

naughty_penguin posted:

Can I get an invite please?

Invite code Samsara

Sent from Gem Blossoms.

Seconding buying the 50 gem armor, then saving up from there to buy the 500 (or 250) armor later on. The gold bonuses are just too good to not have any armor at all.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord

Grundulum posted:

Gem Blossums is full, unfortunately. Maybe there are inactive players who could be kicked, but I don't have that authority.

I just booted a couple players that haven't logged in for nearly two weeks. Everyone else seems active.

Anyone in Gem Blossums want to take over as guild leader? I'm still playing but haven't been as active lately, I'd rather pass it off to someone who is more involved with this thread.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord

Elewem posted:

Thanks! What should I be doing specifically to be helping/take proper advantage of guild stuff?

Just donate gold to any of the tasks. Gaining trophies helps too but both guilds are at max rank already I believe.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord
Who wants to take over the guild leadership of Gem Blossoms? I'm not playing as much and there are folks way more active than me.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord

Grundulum posted:

Sure, what the hell. Not sure how much longer I'll keep playing, but I'll just bump someone up to guild leader when I get bored of it.

Edit: how many embezzlement opportunities are there?

Cool, thanks. I just promoted you. Unfortunately no embezzlement opportunities, but there is of course the prestige of being a guild leader in a cell phone game.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord
I've been using Jarl Firemantle, he's pretty great. Deals 7 damage and generates 9 red and 9 yellow gems, which almost always cascades into at least a bunch of mana, and often another turn.. Most of the time I run:

Hero w/ whatever the torch is that costs yellow and generates red mana
Rock Worm (generates brown for himself and for Jarl)
Druid (rules)
Jarl Firemantle (generates red for himself and yellow to feed back into my hero)

Home kingdom is Khaziel for the +2 brown bonus. The Druid is just there for when I can't match brown/red, most of my damage comes from Jarl and Rock Worm. Once I get a few brown/red matches in, the units start feeding each other and I can steamroll most teams. Only problem is that it doesn't use purple mana, but I can't find a suitable replacement for any of the units. I tried Keeper of Souls but he still feels too slow to me.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord

Mjolnerd posted:

Just picked this up and having a decent time, blew gold on normal keys and PVP before knowing what i was doing, which it seems, was probably the worst use of my resources...

Any room right now in the guild? my code is: MJOLNERD

Invite sent to Gem Blossoms.

And yeah, never spend gold on keys, just donating it to the guild will give you much better returns. PvP though is probably the best source of gold, especially once you get some kind of armor with a gold bonus.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord

Mjolnerd posted:

Down to about 400gold at the moment and since my main source of gold income right now is not playing, I'll donate as soon as i can.

What's a good cushion to sit on? 1k so I can do arena?

Yeah I usually keep about ~2k or so around, and donate the rest. It's worth unlocking all the kingdoms though, so don't hesitate to spend money doing that too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord

DaveWoo posted:

Also, double gold and EXP gains for this weekend.

That sounds good, let's do an invade

:eyepop:

edit:

10k gold for two battles, holy cow.

gey muckle mowser fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Oct 16, 2015