Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Enkor
Dec 17, 2005
That is not it at all.
If a spot in Gem Boiz opens up, I'd like an invite! ( TEHOL_AJ5G ) I play too much so contribution-wise should be fine if it matters!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enkor
Dec 17, 2005
That is not it at all.
Do the mana colors of defense teams in guild wars matter, or is it just the attacker colors that affect my scores?

My defense teams from last month were color coded for the day and now I think maybe that's pointless, and instead I should use stuff like Mercy on purple day or Gimlet on green day to starve the attackers teams?

e: I hate the opaque mechanics in this game. How is the score for a guild war battle calculated? I guess it's increased by ~40% per colored troop, but before that appears to be a black box...

Enkor
Dec 17, 2005
That is not it at all.
Thanks, time to replace my bad teams with mostly bad teams!

e: vvv Yeah those only last an hour.

Enkor fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Nov 20, 2018

Enkor
Dec 17, 2005
That is not it at all.
Hello, just wondering about an update regarding gem boiz. Last posts seemed pretty promising and then it got quiet. Thanks!

Enkor
Dec 17, 2005
That is not it at all.

Grundulum posted:

Leave your guild, and I can send you an invite.

Oh woops! Done.

Enkor
Dec 17, 2005
That is not it at all.
I've been pleased so far with:

Mountain Crusher Titan
Raksha Free-Blood
Kartek
Sekhma

Last spot would no doubt be better with Ubastet but oh well!

Enkor
Dec 17, 2005
That is not it at all.
I've switched back to a trusty Mountain Crusher Titan setup to clear level 13 so far. It's supported by Glaycion, The Deep King (tons of better options, but it uses blue and I actually have it), and Nobend Brothers to make use of my brown mana overflows.

Re: questions, yeah that's all guild tasks are, a pit for the guild to throw gold into. Guardians have some passive bonuses that you can see if you click on them in the overview tab, and that's it. Their levels don't reset. As for what to do, kingdom quests are alright, and some give decent troops. Daily games and weekly guild events are worth dipping your toe into as well.

Enkor
Dec 17, 2005
That is not it at all.
Floor 15 Epic room is haste

Floor 16 Ultra-Rare room is life

Starting to get one-shot now. Frustrating stuff.

Enkor
Dec 17, 2005
That is not it at all.
How are you guys dealing with the high level Glaycion / freeze rooms? I wasted a bunch of sigils beating my head against the level 17 unlock room.

Enkor
Dec 17, 2005
That is not it at all.

Grundulum posted:

What part of it is troubling you? The color brown has some awesome tanks (Gorgotha, Glaycion, or Stonehammer) to absorb skull hits, and it has Sylvanimora who can keep the enemy troops entangled. Diviner can help with clearing off Frozen, but has color overlap with Sylvanimora. Use any Mang-like weapons you have at the high levels since completely stripping an enemy’s armor is huge when they have 200+. I have been using Trickster’s Shot as suggested before:

Gorgotha
Glaycion
Trickster’s Shot (Titan class, but not mission-critical since it doesn’t start up front)
Ubastet

Have not had any problems so far. Ubastet could be swapped for something else without ruining the team.

Edit: my constant worry is rooms with Spirit Foxes and Ancient Golems. If we ever get scrolls of fireball, that’s what I am saving them for.

Thanks. I've been trying to survive with my hero in front and keeping barrier up. Mountain crusher, Glaycion, and a Nobend Brothers to loop (hence a single freeze bothering me so much). I don't have any mythics yet, or Trickster's Shot or Earth Fury, but I do have Gorgotha and Glaycion and Diviner, maybe I'll try those plus Rope Dart.

e: Yeah this new team is great. Lots of blue/yellow synergy to keep generating extra turns once it gets going, and so many entangles.

Floor 21
Rare: Armor
Ultra-Rare: Unlock
Epic: Haste
Legendary: Armor

And the doom team has one-shot mcspirit fox so it's break time.

Enkor fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Dec 6, 2018

Enkor
Dec 17, 2005
That is not it at all.
Floor 23 continued:

Ultra-rare room: Armor
Epic room: Unlock
Legendary room: Armor

Enkor
Dec 17, 2005
That is not it at all.

Maugrim posted:

I just got Mountain Crusher which I see mentioned here a lot. What's so good about it - does it just synergise well with Titan (which I haven't unlocked yet)?

Also just got my first Giant Spider, which I can pair with a Spiritfinder to make a loop. However I'm struggling to make that work for me in the pet rescue battles. Is there some trick to it or are goblin opponents just horrible no matter what team you bring?

Yeah it's that titan + mountain crusher fits into a lot of teams. The spell usually ends up meaning explode at least 3/4 of the board which is nice for mana. And it creates a dust-storm before the board fills up so it's common to get a 4 or 5-match, giving an extra turn (and the mana from it). And because of titan traits, that can mean further yellow gem explosions and barrier on the hero. So, when a niche ability isn't needed for a fight, it's a popular default.

Re the spider, goblins -are- annoying ("whizz-bang!"). What's your output from the loop? I ran with mang for skull damage, and kraken's damage on 4-5 matches for a while, though it was super slow.

Enkor
Dec 17, 2005
That is not it at all.

porktree posted:

Raid boss - what's the team?

I've finally hit my stride with:

Titan / Mang
Dark Maiden *
Tarantella ***
Giant Spider **
(Abyssal Banner).

Feels pretty good color-wise, power up the hero with a shot to the boss, and have two troops to keep shaking the board until skull matches fall out. And make sure to win before Zuul'goth gets mana because without the hero it's awful.

Enkor
Dec 17, 2005
That is not it at all.

Ultimate Mango posted:

Guild wars question/revelation: for defense, you need to have all unique troops, right? But for attack do you have to have totally unique troops across all colors? I may have nerfed myself with a few 4/1s because I thought everything had to be unique. If not, I think I need to separate attack and defense teams but could do much better.

Yeah, for defense the color doesn't matter, but they should be unique; for attack reusing troops is fine but you want them to match the day's color. (I usually drop down to 3 color-matched troops against the spookier teams.)

Enkor
Dec 17, 2005
That is not it at all.

Grundulum posted:

New faction this weekend: The Warrens, which uses yellow and green troops. I don’t think there is a need for early vs late teams with this one. The following team is doing quite nicely to level 80, and should carry me as far as I want to go.

Blackhawk banner
Titan/Mang
Apothecary
Wrath
The Possessed King/Queen Aurora (basically anything that can act in a support role)

As an alternative, I've been using:

Silverglade Banner
Titan/Rope Dart
Stormsinger
Diviner
High King Irongut

and I kind of love it (120 so far but scales well with both enemy stats and hoard level). Apothecary is another great option for gem converter with a banner change. Bless is the worst though. No entangle, no devour, just terrible.

Enkor
Dec 17, 2005
That is not it at all.
Floor 8
Rare - Fireball
Ultra Rare - Unlock
Epic - Life
Legendary - Life

Floor 9
Rare - Armor
Ultra Rare - Power
Epic - Unlock
Legendary - Life

Floor 10
Rare - Unlock
Ultra Rare - Life
Epic - Attack
Legendary - Armor

Enkor fucked around with this message at 09:41 on Jan 2, 2019

Enkor
Dec 17, 2005
That is not it at all.
Delve chests are the reason I'm swimming in legendary/mythic ingots.

Enkor
Dec 17, 2005
That is not it at all.

porktree posted:

What are the rooms past 10? And does anyone have a sweet team they are using? I feel like there must be a discord that the I’m missing out on.

I'm using
Rope Dart / Titan
Divinia
Yao Guai
Alchemist
with meteor banner.

It's pretty good so far, rope dart + yao guai is 2-shotting enemies and that won't last. I don't have the troops traited yet so maybe scrounging up some traitstones will help with floors 11+. And I think a lot of people are waiting for explorers; scout a couple floors and report!

Enkor
Dec 17, 2005
That is not it at all.
Well I guess I'll do another couple floors. (Gem boiz)

Floor 12:
Rare - LUCK
Ultra Rare - Armor
Epic - Attack
Legendary - Unlock

Floor 13:
Rare - Unlock
Ultra Rare - Armor
Epic - LUCK
Legendary - Armor

Floor 14:
Rare - Unlock
Ultra Rare - Life
Epic - Power
Legendary - Attack

Enkor fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Jan 3, 2019

Enkor
Dec 17, 2005
That is not it at all.
Floor 23
Ultra Rare - Magic
Legendary - Life

And the doom took 3 tries as the first two times there were no brown matches available and my hero got one-shot with true damage.

Enkor fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Jan 5, 2019

Enkor
Dec 17, 2005
That is not it at all.

Arbetor posted:

Getting to level 70 to unlock both talents will take hundreds of fights using Titan. Each class has three talent trees. Titan is the only one (so far) that shares the Stone and War trees. Warlord has the War tree, so it can get the Bloodthirsty talent.

For me, Stone is the best tree, but Storms is the reason Titan shines over Runepriest. Lightning strike plus a gem converting troop on my team goes a long way towards keeping control of a match. Also, the level 100 talent of Stone, immunity to half of the debuffs, is one of the best for that level.

Enkor
Dec 17, 2005
That is not it at all.
Well, I guess there's no point in continuing. But I did so eh.

Floor 26
Rare - Luck
Ultra Rare - Armor
Epic - Unlock
Legendary - Life
Doom - Haste

Floor 27
Rare - Unlock
Ultra Rare - Life
Epic - Attack
Legendary - Life I think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enkor
Dec 17, 2005
That is not it at all.

Solkanar512 posted:

How precious are Celestial Traitstones?

I'm in a spot right now where I'm trying to get my Winter Imp fully traited out. First Tier is completed.

Total blue stones:
Minor: 281
Major: 79
Runic: 83
Arcane Stoic: 4
Celestial: 19

Tier 2 Cost: 26 Minor, 12 Major and 12 Arcane Stoic.
Tier 3 Cost: 34 Minor, 6 Arcane Stoic and 2 Celestial.

I've just realized that I could right now exchange Celestial for Arcane giving a converted cost of:
vTier 3 Cost: 34 Minor, 12 Runic, 4 Arcane, 6 Celestial and 800 souls.

Is this a terrible increase in cost? Also, if I grind for two more Arcane Stoic traitstones instead of converting, is using up 2 Celestial that much worse than grinding for another 6 Arcane Stoic stones?

If it helps, I already have a Skadi team, and she's fully traited out.

Converting between traitstones is so awful that grinding is usually better. Celestial traitstones aren't needed in bulk, so as long as you have a small stockpile they're great to use. I would absolutely use orb of wisdom on the 2nd trait instead of the 3rd most of the time.