Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
Could I get an invite to one of the guilds? Just started playing last night, and I'm feeling pinched by lack of gold. Still haven't beaten Sheggra, but barely have enough gold to do one more quest.

Edit: let's all pretend that I mentioned my invite code when I originally made the post. It's my SA username, all caps.

Grundulum fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Aug 30, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
Gem Blossums has four open spots. If it's time to merge guilds and subsume some of the Gooniversity, that's a fair number of their members. Especially if there are inactive players who could be booted.

How many slots do the three other goon guilds have?

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
I wandered into Zaejin today with a trio of level 15 troops plus my hero. The very first quest threw seven level 15 enemies at me (between the first two fights). Is there level scaling in this game, and I'll be facing level 15 enemies for the rest of my days? I am *not* looking forward to the boss fights if everything is set to level 15.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
Sent, I think, for Gem Blossums.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
Tried to invite you, but you're still/already in another guild.

For extra content: I'm about to hit 50 gems. Should I buy one of the entry level armors or wait till 100 gems and get the next tier? If the former, was thinking that I should get the gold boost rather than souls or XP. Sound right?

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

BetterWeirdthanDead posted:

Gooniversity is officially gone. Please send me another invite.

Sent for Gem Blossums.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
If people have been avoiding the challenges, reconsider. They're an easy almost-profitable (I typically make 40-60 gold, and they cost 50-80 each) way to earn tribute; just got gems and keys for free when I logged in this morning, in addition to the more typical rewards of gold and glory.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

duckfarts posted:

Is there any reason to keep going past 8 wins in arena?

It won't let you go past 8. Once you win the eighth, the button changes from "Fight" to "Rewards".

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
I've know that statistics gets wonky when dealing with small numbers, but hot drat am I tired of getting Lady Sapphira from keys. There are still *rare* cards I don't have, and I've seen Sapphira no fewer than four times.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
Is it the case that everything I see when I press "Show All" is available using keys?

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
Gem Blossums is full, unfortunately. Maybe there are inactive players who could be kicked, but I don't have that authority.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
Challenges might count also, or arena. I know I didn't invade last night, but my last activity is 11 hours ago.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
Treant/Valkyrie/Alchemist/Banshee is just brutal. Took down evolved Gorgotha with everyone at full life/armor, and the Treant hitting for 19 at the end. None of the opposition ever filled their power gauges.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

keldon posted:

Can I get a guild invite? Invite code is BEAST_22. Thanks!

Invite sent. I wonder if the codes are case sensitive. Guess we'll find out!

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

Tyberius posted:

It seems like it will be real good for my Alchemist/Valkyrie/Banshee PvE team but also for arena since it's dual color. 200 glory is quite a lot but I should be able to get that by the end of the week if I can knuckle down and do these 18 maps I'm sitting on.

Can't recommend Treant highly enough to complete that quartet. With a little luck on gem cascades you can be hitting for 20+ damage in the middle of the gem cascades triggered by your other members.

I'm sitting on like 60 treasure maps because it's such a chore getting rid of them. If I could sell them back for something close to 600 gold, 80 souls, 8 glory, 1 gem, 1 key, and a 10% chance of a magic key I would be all over that. I could do better by going through each map and playing the minigame, but that's so much work.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
Sure, what the hell. Not sure how much longer I'll keep playing, but I'll just bump someone up to guild leader when I get bored of it.

Edit: how many embezzlement opportunities are there?

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
I've got a pair of questions. First, is there any reason to choose one of the 500-gem armors over the other? I'm leaning towards +souls.

Also, I'm sitting on 700+ glory. Thinking about buying 20 treasure maps because what that seems like a better investment than the souls. Any reason not to do this?

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
Well, that was a first. I used the Valkyrie's power, and got a notification at exactly the same time. The game skipped a frame, and then ended my turn -- before removing gems. So the AI got credit for a board's worth of blue gems and then took four consecutive turns.

:wtc:

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
I moved some people around in Gem Blossums for no particular reason. Noticed that tinychalupa and Shroud haven't logged in for ages. If either of you is still playing let me know; otherwise I'll kick you on the off chance a new player shows up and wants in.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
Pretty sure Blossums is higher-ranked. Also pretty sure we don't have 9 spots available; we are at 30/30 right now, and everyone but the two people I called out has logged in during the last few days. At work right now and can't check further, though.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
The RNG sucks. Bought 15 magic keys with my gems, and got four Flesh Golems to go with the one I already had.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

Jibo posted:

The options would be to not merge or to dissolve one guild and spread the members across multiple guilds. I'm not sure if there is enough free space across all guilds to do that.

Just checked, and of the 30 members of Gem Blossums only 5 have 10+ days of inactivity. So the third guild would need to have a decent bit of space to absorb all the rest.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
Let me know when OG Gem Boiz starts getting full. I can boot inactive players and make more room in Gem Blossums if there is still demand.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
Wow. Some big changes here. I'm not keen on gold being the way to level up kingdoms; it essentially invalidates souls as an endgame currency, as well as making players choose between their kingdoms and their guild. This new mastery system combined with the new difficulty levels could be bonkers. Having a ~50% mana surge chance on every match will lead to earlier procs of those legendary critters that self-sustain. If it was a race against the clock before it's even more of one now, and then they might have extra armor/health to boot.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

I thought you just had to unlock Zhul'Kari for Treasure Hunt. Im not sure because I finished the quests first for that epic(forgot her name).

This is correct.

-----

I'm not booting members out of Gem Blossums yet because I'm assuming the other goon guild still has room. When that ceases to be the case let me know and I'll kick some people out.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
I advise switching a direct damage dealer onto that team, like a Banshee instead of the Herdmaster. Being able to target a creature other than the first is useful, to say the least. Heck, place a Goblin ahead of that Treant. The Goblin is incredibly useful for starting players because it fills up so quickly and you get another turn after using the ability.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
Stuck in an endless loop: the game tells me I need to update and forces me to the App Store, but the App Store doesn't show an update and tells me to launch the game.

Anyone with different experiences?

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

Jibo posted:

So the highest difficulty is just "Hope you can last 100 turns without your enemy getting a free skull drop at some point".

Might be worth it on some of the lower-difficulty challenges at this point, when the enemies are still level 3, 6 or 9.

Of course, now that challenges don't contribute to kingdom level there's no reason to do them.

Edit: all of my kingdoms were at level 1 or higher when the patch hit. I am seeing costs of 500 gold to upgrade to level 2. What is the price to go from nothing to 1, then?

Grundulum fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Oct 29, 2015

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
I am having problems treasure hunting since the update. The UI doesn't fully load, so I can neither open a map nor exit the screen. On iOS. Can anyone else replicate this?

As an aside, I've either been unlucky since the patch or tribute is borked. For my kingdoms, I have a roughly 50% chance of tribute every time. I've had 5 or 6 consecutive misses today, and no successes since the patch hit.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
Invite sent. (edit: to Vasudus; I didn't try to invite the guy from further upthread)

Grundulum fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Oct 30, 2015

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
:siren: PSA: everybody still playing this game should go link their account to their device right now. In the Settings screen, there should be two options to register a device and show a password. Do both of those things in case you ever need to redownload the app in the future.

I know this because I deleted/redownloaded the app from the iOS App Store in an attempt to fix Zhul'Kari. When I started the app again, I couldn't log back into my account. Whoops.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
Try replacing the Goblin Rocket with a Webspinner if you have one? There's green overlap, sure, but both 'Spinner and the Shaman can generate green gems with their abilities. You still get +6 life and +2 attack for shared types, and Webspinner's attack is a bonkers 11 at level 15 with the bonus.

I don't have a Goblin Rocket or a Hobgoblin. Have to get creative with that fourth slot.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
Either they bumped up the gold rewards from treasure hunting, or those are included in the double gold weekend. Whatever's the case, I'm burning through my stockpile of maps, making on average 1600 per map (hit 2300 last map, but that's on the high end). Less stressful than doing PVP for about the same profit per event. Plus I am averaging a couple of gems per map, too.

Edit: this is really making upgrading kingdoms a lot less painful. Karakoth went from level 4 to level 9 and I'm sitting on 20k gold towards level 10.

Grundulum fucked around with this message at 13:05 on Oct 31, 2015

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
Can someone tell me how much it costs to upgrade a kingdom from level 0 to level 1? I don't have any left at that level. It appears to be 500 to go from 1 to 2, carrying on from there.

Also, is there any point to challenges these days? The soul benefits are minimal compared against Arena, and you no longer get a kingdom bonus for finishing all the challenges.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
I'd say that that's lame for those who had already upgraded all their kingdoms, but I'm playing the game for free so I can't complain too much.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
Well, drat. Webspinner + Goblin + Goblin Shaman + Boar Rider was completely wrecking poo poo. The only time I ever lost a unit was against another Webspinner, and half the time I finished fights without taking any damage.

An update just dropped and changed Webspinner. Went from 5 magic at level 15 to 3 magic at level 15. So the special only creates 8 green gems instead of 10, and isn't quite as bananas. On the bright side, the special does 4 damage instead of 2.

Edit: son of a bitch. They made the special more expensive, too. 15-->16. People must have really been complaining about Webspinner.

Grundulum fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Nov 2, 2015

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
Has there been any discussion from the developers about how they are going to try and make guild quests enticing again? Now that I need gold to upgrade my kingdoms there's a lot less incentive to contribute to the quests; I've tossed a few thousand gold a few times out of guilt, but nowhere near the rate I used to.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
Actually, burns do heal. I had a burned Goblin that only took damage for three turns, and I sure didn't cast anything that cleansed my troops.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
Crazy idea time: completing the story of a kingdom gives you a 10% discount on upgrading its level, as does completing all challenges. Maybe each level 15 creature gives a 5% discount. Or hell, 8 and 4%.

As it stands, the only thing worth doing is PVP, because aside from treasure chests there's no faster way to earn gold and that's the only useful currency as of 1.0.7. Maybe the promised "Collections" tab will deal with this in 1.0.8, but for now it's kind of stale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

dantheman650 posted:

Also I'm not understanding all the posts like this. Isn't doing the story...fun? I mean, I played the hell out of PQ 1 and 2 and the story is all there was (more or less). I've only been playing a few days so maybe it gets really boring quickly, but I'm enjoying advancing through the quests.

The story quests were fun for me while I was still limited in troops and had to cobble together a team of whatever I had to defeat an AI squad that kept gaining levels. Eventually, though, I had enough variety in my troops that I could mount a proper strategic team that mopped the floor with anything the AI threw at it. Additionally, the AI topped out at level 15, so no further difficulty advancements were possible on that front.

I'm in agreement with the OP that the "stories" of the kingdom quests are generally weak; after the first few they started to wear on me. And the challenges are literally "here is the same fight five times in a row, just with better enemy stats". Not a lot of variety there.