Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
When it comes to "strong female characters" everyone always mentions like samus, or Lara croft, or idk who else. The chick from resident evil?

I'm playing mgs3 and the Boss is really cool. She kicks snakes rear end and no one treats her like some random chick. I found it really funny to run into Adam right after I was thinking about this. Though I mean, she is cool in her own way. They are both strong characters who are doing stuff, and aren't just flapping around behind some man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014
she has nice tits

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

she's the news reporter from family guy.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

SHISHKABOB posted:

When it comes to "strong female characters" everyone always mentions like samus, or Lara croft, or idk who else. The chick from resident evil?

I'm playing mgs3 and the Boss is really cool. She kicks snakes rear end and no one treats her like some random chick. I found it really funny to run into Adam right after I was thinking about this. Though I mean, she is cool in her own way. They are both strong characters who are doing stuff, and aren't just flapping around behind some man.
gently caress you.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Wormskull posted:

gently caress you.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Actually people talk about her all the time. Topic locked.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Cant believe nobody is willing to spend over 4600 posts talking about The Boss and the importance of her message in this forum.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

These impostor threads will not stand. We all must go back to mother.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

In Training posted:

Cant believe nobody is willing to spend over 4600 posts talking about The Boss and the importance of her message in this forum.

Frankly, as epic as the story of MGS is, the entire premise of the series as it relates to The Boss is complete unmitigated nonsense and entirely not worth all the drama she caused by spreading her message.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
a third metal gear thread has just crashed into the imp zone first page

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

It's cool that she died to stop nuclear war I guess... But other then that... She passed her legacy to the entirely wrong dude. Perhaps that's where the true poignancy of the story lies though...

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

It's cool that she died to stop nuclear war I guess... But other then that... She passed her legacy to the entirely wrong dude. Perhaps that's where the true poignancy of the story lies though...

It's everybody twisting and misinterpreting her life and actions. It's all quite tragic, especially in V when we will witness the height of the war between Punished Snake and Zero.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I'm excited to be Bros with Ocelot.

Mr.Fahrenheit
Dec 27, 2012
EVA was a clever subversion of the typical Bond girl, but that's par for the course when it comes to Kojima's excellent character writing.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

yeah most bond girls don't get raped i guess

Mr.Fahrenheit
Dec 27, 2012

As a Millennial I posted:

:yikes:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

:dogbutton:

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

the yikes guy

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

please do not talk about bond in this matter

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Wormskull posted:

I'm excited to be Bros with Ocelot.

someone said something about tranqing and fultoning him as soon as he's done giving you a tutorial and that's the first thing im gonna do

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Pablo Gigante posted:

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Wormskull posted:

gently caress you.

This.

Pablo Gigante posted:

This, too. Like really OP?

In Training posted:

Heh. Well said.

Wormskull posted:

In Training posted:

It's everybody twisting and misinterpreting her life and actions. It's all quite tragic, especially in V when we will witness the height of the war between Punished Snake and Zero.

Oh most definitely dudes. Yes to all of this. I couldn't have said it better myself.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
Who would want to read about any of this crap, really.

Dec 26, 2012

net cafe scandal posted:

This.

This, too. Like really OP?

Heh. Well said.

Oh most definitely dudes. Yes to all of this. I couldn't have said it better myself.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

by the time she was a bunch of annoying AI robots in peace walker i was pretty over the boss

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Like never heard of the boss before and I think that anyone who's never played metal gear games I've never heard of the boss. Maybe are you freaking nerds in the zone know about her and talk about her but that's because you guys have a 100when a page thread about freaking metal gear solid five freaking weirdos.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

The Boss does NOT know how to work a dick. She tries to field strip and clean it until cum flies out.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Knuc U Kinte posted:

The Boss does NOT know how to work a dick. She tries to field strip and clean it until cum flies out.

she had sex during war

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

rediscover posted:

she had sex during war

And?

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

Who would want to read about any of this crap, really.

I do. just kidding

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I would rather click on 100 of these turds than ever click on the 9000 page mega thread.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

i was just saying.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

SHISHKABOB posted:

Like never heard of the boss before and I think that anyone who's never played metal gear games I've never heard of the boss. Maybe are you freaking nerds in the zone know about her and talk about her but that's because you guys have a 100when a page thread about freaking metal gear solid five freaking weirdos.

You gently caress rear end.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Wormskull posted:

You gently caress rear end.

*Knuc's head perks out from a marsupial pouch, intrigued.*

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

lol

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I'm also picturing him wearing a tiny moist fedora.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkkP-UXTN0k

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008