Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

SHISHKABOB posted:

When it comes to "strong female characters" everyone always mentions like samus, or Lara croft, or idk who else. The chick from resident evil?

I'm playing mgs3 and the Boss is really cool. She kicks snakes rear end and no one treats her like some random chick. I found it really funny to run into Adam right after I was thinking about this. Though I mean, she is cool in her own way. They are both strong characters who are doing stuff, and aren't just flapping around behind some man.
gently caress you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

In Training posted:

Cant believe nobody is willing to spend over 4600 posts talking about The Boss and the importance of her message in this forum.

Frankly, as epic as the story of MGS is, the entire premise of the series as it relates to The Boss is complete unmitigated nonsense and entirely not worth all the drama she caused by spreading her message.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

It's cool that she died to stop nuclear war I guess... But other then that... She passed her legacy to the entirely wrong dude. Perhaps that's where the true poignancy of the story lies though...

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I'm excited to be Bros with Ocelot.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

SHISHKABOB posted:

Like never heard of the boss before and I think that anyone who's never played metal gear games I've never heard of the boss. Maybe are you freaking nerds in the zone know about her and talk about her but that's because you guys have a 100when a page thread about freaking metal gear solid five freaking weirdos.

You gently caress rear end.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

*Knuc's head perks out from a marsupial pouch, intrigued.*

lmao

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

elf help book posted:

new zealand is known for its tiny fruits

lmfao

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Knuc U Kinte posted:

That time Lyle flamed me for ignoring my dead grandads fedora collection.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Benny D posted:

Do we ever find out what happened to her kid. For some reason I thought snake was fathered by the sorrow & she was his mother

Ocelot was born on the battlefields of Normandy on D-Day to The Boss and The Sorrow.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I.N.R.I posted:

oh my god!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I been finding a lot of Magic Cake lately... Hell yea.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Your wish is my command.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Kazvall posted:

It seems more uncommon than rare

It's not random.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Average Bear posted:

Let's talk about The Boss.

Bayley opened up a can of Whoop rear end on her.

• Locked thread