Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Dubious posted:

I'm also relocating them back to Houston and the Oilers will live again

Grrrr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction
Picking up the game tomorrow, waiting on my buddy to give me my copy of Madden 15 back

El Chingon
Oct 9, 2012
I'm new to this goon league. Last time I played online leagues was in Madden 14 I believe. But just picked up Madden 16 and want to give it a try agian.

PSN Jaguar357, I'd like to pick the 49ers.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

flickmaker posted:

gently caress it. Let's see if I can not be the first to rage quit this year. (Shooting for at least second.)

I'd like the Patriots
psn is my user name and you can PM me.

If/When you rage quit I would like to play as the Patriots.

PSN: ChromeHound47

flickmaker
Jun 7, 2004

Coked out Artie.

Malloreon posted:

If/When you rage quit I would like to play as the Patriots.

PSN: ChromeHound47

Haha. I'm not actually going to quit. I quit 2 years ago. But I am going into this year with way lowered expectations. Don't plan on me quitting.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

flickmaker posted:

Haha. I'm not actually going to quit. I quit 2 years ago. But I am going into this year with way lowered expectations. Don't plan on me quitting.

No worries man, I'm really bad at this game. Win us a 5th ring.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
Team list updated again.

17 teams remain open, and there are two divisions with no users in them yet!

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Dubious posted:

Team list updated again.

17 teams remain open, and there are two divisions with no users in them yet!

If it comes down to it, I have no problem swapping to the NFC South or AFC North if we need people to start moving around, it's always nice to learn a new scheme....

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

Are we going to wait for the roster update or nah

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

I'll take the Steelers. PSN is xtraxisx

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Step right up and greet the Mets
The main Madden thread listed all the things currently borked in online leagues. They also say a patch is 2 to 3 weeks away. We should wait, right? Sounds like progression and regression is completely hosed.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Paperback Writer posted:

Are we going to wait for the roster update or nah

Yea, and for the first cfm patch. Its kinda broken now

Skink
Sep 28, 2004
I'll take the Chargers if they are still available
PSN: Tordah

D_I
Aug 31, 2004
Would love to come back this year, I might even be able to do a whole season!
Team: Saints PSN Vermars

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Forgive me if I'm stupid or just can't read, but how are you lining up play times for players?

I'm thinking of joining, but we just had twins so my sleep and play schedule is a) limited and b) sporadic.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

No Butt Stuff posted:

Forgive me if I'm stupid or just can't read, but how are you lining up play times for players?

I'm thinking of joining, but we just had twins so my sleep and play schedule is a) limited and b) sporadic.

The players themselves contact each other and arrange their game. It has worked well in the past and even the most incompatible schedules have found a way to play each other most times. My last 3 kids have been through the PS3/4 Madden leagues and I never had any issues even with the most busy goons . Join and see how it goes. It's not like we are going to send Dave to your house if you can't play a week. Maybe.

Edit: Is there an updated ETA on when the league will start? The patch is still a couple weeks out so after that time? I want to hold out as long as possible on buying the game to see if any sales happen.

jabro fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Aug 31, 2015

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Cool. Well, since some rear end in a top hat Titans fan took the Chiefs, I'll take

the Broncos
psn: the_red_chimp

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

No Butt Stuff posted:

Cool. Well, since some rear end in a top hat Titans fan took the Chiefs, I'll take

the Broncos
psn: the_red_chimp

:smug:

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Can I still play another CFM so I can make the Chiefs superbowl champions of my living room?

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
You can have as many franchises as you want, so yes, please join up!

Also, I'm waiting for the first patch to start the league. CFM progression/regression, as well as the rookie classes, are really broken until EA patches it. We'll likely kick off in Week 1 or 2 of the regular season, based on estimates I'm seeing for the patch.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Also,

I'd like some feedback on this proposed new rule for the game this year. I am heavily leaning towards turning the Catch Indicators OFF.

Havoc, what are your plans for the fantasy draft league? gonna do what I'm doing and wait for the patch?

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Catch indicators being when it's trying to tell me to mash Triangle for an aggressive catch?

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

No Butt Stuff posted:

Catch indicators being when it's trying to tell me to mash Triangle for an aggressive catch?

Correct. In All-Madden you don't get them anyway,and it makes you try harder to play your best without just resorting to cheesing the Aggressive Catch, and makes the game a bit more strategic.

Faggot Guy
Aug 29, 2011

TWO TIME SUPERBOWL MVP
Finally found the energy to grab the last $20 PSN I needed for this poo poo. I'll be down for scrims this week after 8 pm EST all week.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!

Dubious posted:

Havoc, what are your plans for the fantasy draft league? gonna do what I'm doing and wait for the patch?

I am going to get the thread started today or tomorrow. Trying to decide on the patch. It would be really nice to be able to get one of these leagues going in the near future.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Havoc904 posted:

I am going to get the thread started today or tomorrow. Trying to decide on the patch. It would be really nice to be able to get one of these leagues going in the near future.

yea it would be nice to start but when the CFM progression/regression and rookie classes are so broken the game's creative director says don't bother until we patch it.....welp

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

I wanna be back in this with my dysfunctional Panthers, but I can't get around to getting Madden til mid Sept. If an active person takes them go for it, otherwise hopefukly I dont miss too many games.

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Dubious,

I'm going to stay in division but swap to the Packers. Playing as the Lions is breeding some terrible habits that is bleeding over into MUT and draft champions. I'd rather balanced offensive options.

AND TERRIBLE THROWBACK JERSEYS :dance:

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Yuzenn posted:

Dubious,

I'm going to stay in division but swap to the Packers. Playing as the Lions is breeding some terrible habits that is bleeding over into MUT and draft champions. I'd rather balanced offensive options.

AND TERRIBLE THROWBACK JERSEYS :dance:

You have no idea how much restraint I'm exercising to not buy megatrons card and running Finneran and Megatron on out routes all day long

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Dubious posted:

You have no idea how much restraint I'm exercising to not buy megatrons card and running Finneran and Megatron on out routes all day long

They gave me Megatron in MUT rewards and I've been throwing duck INT's all day trying to force it to him.....

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Alright nerds.

I'm creating this poo poo tomorrow.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

How often do you guys play? Is it a game a night sort of deal or do people usually have a few days?

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Ty1990 posted:

How often do you guys play? Is it a game a night sort of deal or do people usually have a few days?

It's like 3-4 days per game.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Thank you sir. Also just saw it was in the OP, my bad.

I'm in. I don't think anybody picked Philly, so I'll go with:

The Philadelphia Eagles

PSN: tylerdonchez
Alt Contact: PM

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
We've waited this long, another day or two for the post training camp roster wouldn't be the end of the world either.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
So, there's no word on the speed scaling with rookies getting fixed anytime soon. EA is completely ignoring it, among other CFM issues. We're gonna have to deal with it; we'll still have a drat good league, just some bumps in the road.

Here's the options, because I don't wanna delay this poo poo any longer. Let's get to footbaw!

1. We wait for EA's official Week 1 roster. The only thing I can think of why rumors are saying to wait for this is EA may adjust the speeds to M15 levels of players.

2. Wait for the OS guys to put out their week 1 roster, which will correct the speed of players to M15 levels, ensuring the first draft class won't fill the league full of 97 speed burners. I lean this way, because those guys put out legit rosters.

Thoughts?

Dubious fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Sep 10, 2015

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I'm fine with option 2

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Down with whichever option gets us playing quicker

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Step right up and greet the Mets
I would actually prefer whatever option takes longer. I've logged maybe 2 hours with this game since it released. Looking to finally get familiar with it this weekend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
I'm probably going to do option 2. I don't have faith in EA to go back on the rosters they've created, nor fix the rookies in time. I'll form it up when the rosters come out (should be Thursday/Friday), but we wont officially start until next week. Monday I think.

• Locked thread