Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
The EA rosters out this Friday should be good.

quote:

@oml1294 Veteran DB's are getting a speed upgrade in Friday's roster update. It was my call.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
lol, veteran dbs and thats it?

Who the hell is in charge of ratings since Donny Moore left? Thats not fixing poo poo.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

Dubious posted:

lol, veteran dbs and thats it?

Who the hell is in charge of ratings since Donny Moore left? Thats not fixing poo poo.

Well if the vets get a bump then the rookies coming out mid 90's wont overwhelm the game. I say get the official roster tomorrow and lets see what happens. Worst thing is that it sucks and the league falls apart. Maybe its hilariously fun in its own right. Who knows.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Mizzou's roster update is supposed to be out on Friday too.
e: no wait, it's supposed to be next week.

gently caress it, I dunno.

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/madden-nfl-football-rosters/851953-rovert22044s-madden-16-roster-project-ps4.html

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Yea Mizzou's roster is the one I want to use. That guy does quality work. I really don't trust the EA roster if they are only adjusting a couple positions. I'll take a look at it when it drops tomorrow and post some thoughts. I wanna get this rolling next week at the very latest. Looking forward to this!

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

oh my gently caress, I really hope whatever roster we're using adds Aldon to the Raiders...

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Paperback Writer posted:

oh my gently caress, I really hope whatever roster we're using adds Aldon to the Raiders...

Since he is going to be suspended until my kids have kids I'm guessing no.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

jabro posted:

Since he is going to be suspended until my kids have kids I'm guessing no.
Umm Madden doesn't care about your dang suspensions. He's even eligible to play this Sunday.

(He was my #1 pick in the fantasy draft last year. Having him alongside our leagues multiple DPOY Mack is gonna be awesome even if he doesn't see the field irl :unsmith:)

Paperback Writer fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Sep 11, 2015

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Paperback Writer posted:

This but opposite

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Alright, I'm making the league shortly and will send invites out.

The new roster is pretty meh as they didn't fix much of the speed problem, so once the Mizzou roster comes out I'll do some reviewing of it and we can go from there.

Since our leagues revolve around crazy anyway, I may just leave it as is and we can embrace chaos.

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction

Dubious posted:

Alright, I'm making the league shortly and will send invites out.

The new roster is pretty meh as they didn't fix much of the speed problem, so once the Mizzou roster comes out I'll do some reviewing of it and we can go from there.

Since our leagues revolve around crazy anyway, I may just leave it as is and we can embrace chaos.

I think honestly we all just want to play. I mean we had like 5 leagues going at once last year and most of them were extremely enjoyable so I for one can't wait to begin.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Seriously, lets just loving do this.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
It's up! I'll edit final team list later after the games.

League Name - SASFL
League PW - Gooneball

We're in Preseason Week 1. :siren:Don't sign any FA's yet :siren:

Team list is up to date. I'll also send invites to everyone on the list as well shortly.

Dubious fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Sep 13, 2015

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Mariota2Beckham gonna get alot of yards this year

So is Sankey

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Dubious posted:

Mariota2Beckham gonna get alot of yards this year

So is Sankey

Titans bitch

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Metapod posted:

Titans bitch

That team is pretty much built perfectly to how I like to run both an offense and defense. Almost every offensive starter is really young, which may bite me in the rear end come contract time.

Looking forward to this year.

Gonna bring glory and lots of heartbreak in the playoffs to our former Titans owner Stevie.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

well I see Chicago and San Diego have signed some FA's

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Rams need a RG 75 OVR or better.

On my trade block are LE Hayes (82 OVR), DT Brockers (81), and SS Barron (78).

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Paperback Writer posted:

well I see Chicago and San Diego have signed some FA's

The CPU signed Brandon Spiked to the Rams. I sure as hell didn't do it.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Goddamn CPU Rams, I was targetting Spikes!

There's some funky logic that happens when players take a team in where it will simulate certain activities, which includes grabbing FAs.

San Diego in particular doesn't even have a user, and ShortThug hasn't taken the Bears yet. So, blame EA

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
If anyone needs a young QB with a loving Rocket Arm, average accuracy and is young, I have this stud available:

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Who are you going to be using then?

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

jabro posted:

Who are you going to be using then?

the dreamy hawaiian

ShortThug
Dec 26, 2004

Yay!
Even the AI knows how loving terrible the Bears are so it's signing players for me.

Seriously you should feel bad if you lose to me this year because they're Real Bad.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Dubious posted:

the dreamy hawaiian

jabro posted:

Since it looks like Eli retires after one year can I trade him for Mariota and TEN's first round pick????????????

Previous owners of the Titans approved this trade. No backsies.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

ShortThug posted:

Even the AI knows how loving terrible the Bears are so it's signing players for me.

Seriously you should feel bad if you lose to me this year because they're Real Bad.

but, but Adam Gase is the mastermind behind Peyton Manning so therefore

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

jabro posted:

Nope

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

jabro posted:

commissioner vetoing the gently caress out of any previous handshakes, poops on the CBA negotiated by Richard "Lowtax" Kyanka

You'll take your stache selfie QB and like it

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I am interested in mett btw

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

BTW, just letting you guys know now: Tavon Austin is 5'8 with 95 speed. Basically the 2nd coming of Maquise Goodwin for me. You've been warned.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Until the draft and we all have 6'5" dudes with 97 speed :getin:

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!
Can I sign any free agents or are we still holding off? I'm not targeting any of the top ones, just want to shuffle out a few of my other spots.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Anyone need a strong safety?

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Havoc904 posted:

Can I sign any free agents or are we still holding off? I'm not targeting any of the top ones, just want to shuffle out a few of my other spots.

How full is the league? I'm deeming it open season WITHIN REASON on Wednesday. Tomorrow if most everyone is joined up.

Wont touch my ps4 until late tonight to check.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

You can free up the Panthers for anyone to take. I probably wouldnt be able to reliably play season games this fall unfortunately.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Reminder to log in and claim your teams! We are moving to Phase 2 of the Preseason tonight!

We have 13 in so far, which leaves 5 or 6 left that need to be picked up.

Everyone can sign one 80+ ovr FA at this point. Once we go to phase 2, it's open season.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

C Brian De La Puente is now a Ram.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Dubious posted:

Reminder to log in and claim your teams! We are moving to Phase 2 of the Preseason tonight!

We have 13 in so far, which leaves 5 or 6 left that need to be picked up.

Everyone can sign one 80+ ovr FA at this point. Once we go to phase 2, it's open season.

Do I need to cut people?

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!
Since I am looking at the league through the online hub, there might be an error, but did some teams go through and sign like every decent free agent Cornerback that was on the market? I am only seeing 3 cornerbacks with a rating above a 70, and I feel like in other leagues I have started, there are usually at least 10 of them rated above a 70.

Also, the free agent list for the wide receivers looks extremely picked over as well. But it might just be a problem with the online hub not showing certain free agents.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

^ There's some 70+ CB's left

I'm guessing Demarcus Ware wasn't meant to be cut? Haha I'm holding back.

• Locked thread