Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Cool, got my Luck logo on there, finally!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

Fight Club Sandwich posted:

I'm willing to let megatron slide because LOL also good new team name

TY sir. I can't tell if my horrific photoshop skills add to or take away from the joke.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
Wait lol did that guy get take backs on Megatron?

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
I mean I initially objected, but am willing to let it slide, I am neutral like the Swiss!

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Isn't a big deal to me

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
What Would Joffrey Do?

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???

nerve posted:

Wait lol did that guy get take backs on Megatron?

My reasoning is that the keeper cutoff exists to give managers enough time to formulate a draft strategy and there's still ample time to plan. There's no trade partner or next waiver guy that's getting screwed and it was an honest mistake that he took back immediately.

Happy to put this to a vote if anyone seconds the objection.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
I retract my objection!!

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Swooping in on CJr so Luck has a number 1, throw in Hill in the running game, behind that SOLID offensive line, and I figure playoffs are a given!

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

Hello I have some dumb questions.

There is no way to trade for more auction bucks, right?

If a player is dropped to free agency, does their keeper salary reset? Or does it stay with them?

This league has normal waivers, right? No transaction costs or anything?

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

Any slots left? I'm pretty drat sure my old goon league Goonball has dried up and blown away (never liked IDP anyway) and this league seems to have the best gimmick.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
P sure the league is full, get on the waiting list for next year, this is a cool league, I hope.

And, if we want to allow auction bucks to be traded, IDK how, but that should be set up in advance. In my Goon baseball league the commish just let us start trading keeper slots and bucks and some owners had a hissy fit...

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

dy. posted:

Hello I have some dumb questions.

There is no way to trade for more auction bucks, right?

If a player is dropped to free agency, does their keeper salary reset? Or does it stay with them?

This league has normal waivers, right? No transaction costs or anything?

Can't trade players for auction bucks because software limitations. Also prevents "rich getting richer" situations which I'd like to avoid since keeper discounts already have a lot of variance.

Keeper salaries are fixed at draft. You cannot reset keeper values by temporarily dipping players into FA.

Yeah it's baby's first league waivers (inverse standing and reset every week), I think it's consistent with the casual vibe we have going for the league but open to changing this if you guys prefer another method

kaynorr posted:

Any slots left? I'm pretty drat sure my old goon league Goonball has dried up and blown away (never liked IDP anyway) and this league seems to have the best gimmick.

Sorry we're all full up. Last year we had at least 1 team that was abandoned midseason - hopefully that doesn't happen again but we'll keep you in mind if it does

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
kaynorr - you can have my slot if you'd like.

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

Can't trade players for auction bucks because software limitations. Also prevents "rich getting richer" situations which I'd like to avoid since keeper discounts already have a lot of variance.

Keeper salaries are fixed at draft. You cannot reset keeper values by temporarily dipping players into FA.

Yeah it's baby's first league waivers (inverse standing and reset every week), I think it's consistent with the casual vibe we have going for the league but open to changing this if you guys prefer another method
Thanks, I'm good with all that stuff, just wanted to see how everything works.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
IF I were able to acquire Brady for what I consider a good price, would anybody be interested in trading for Luck post draft?

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
No one answer that :bigtran:

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

Michael Corleone posted:

IF I were able to acquire Brady for what I consider a good price, would anybody be interested in trading for Luck post draft?

The man wants Brady, Make him pay.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Marshmallow Blue posted:

The man wants Brady, Make him pay.

Maybe it is all a ploy to make you guys overpay...

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
Look around you, we're all liars here, and every one of us is better than you.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

Michael Corleone posted:

Maybe it is all a ploy to make you guys overpay...

Maybe what I said is a ploy to make you think we think we're falling for your maybe ploy to make us overpay, when really, RG3 Kirk Cousins will be a dollar.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
B-but there are other new owners, how do you know I am not better than them? Also, just gonna take Brady to fill in for Lucks bye, no big deal.

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
Always keep your foes confused. If they don't know who you are or what you want, they can't know what you plan to do next.

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

Michael Corleone posted:

you'll need to change your teamname. I suggest JPP's Littlefinger

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Holy poo poo, this is the best name ever

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

:master:

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
Can we vote on changing the theme of the league to WWE so I can use the name Ameer Abdullah the Butcher

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
Better team name:

Fat Pink Masts
or
Tyrion My Wayward Son

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

SouthShoreSamurai posted:

Better team name:

Fat Pink Masts
or
Tyrion My Wayward Son

B.

Or:

A Tyrod To The Back

But, then you have to draft him!

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

SouthShoreSamurai posted:

Better team name:

Fat Pink Masts
or
Tyrion My Wayward Son

Owns.

Also I'm looking forward to drafting Sunday! Just don't bid on all the guys I want, thanks for your cooperation everyone.

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

nerve posted:

Can we vote on changing the theme of the league to WWE so I can use the name Ameer Abdullah the Butcher

If anyone seconds the motion we can vote to change anything. Brian "The Hitman" Hartline

RVProfootballer posted:

Owns.

Also I'm looking forward to drafting Sunday! Just don't bid on all the guys I want, thanks for your cooperation everyone.

tell me who you want ahead of time and i'll be sure to not bid on them :ninja:

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Montee Ball behind that Dallas o-line :fap: Hello my new RB1

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Targeting TRIch, Orange Julius, RG3, and Colt McCoy, thanks for your understanding!

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
Draft is in less than an hour scrubs

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
:woop:

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Woah, just logged in and the projected auction prices are even higher than expected! 85bux for ADP! Woah!

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
Wow. That's, uh, quite the autodraft

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Zypher posted:

Wow. That's, uh, quite the autodraft

Who autodrafted?

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
Me (Ag'holor)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Zypher posted:

Me (Ag'holor)

Ahh ok, yeah that makes sense. Grabbing Brees and Peyton for significant money kind of confused me, hahah. And uh, those bench RBs and WRs :stare:

• Locked thread