Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thundersword238
Oct 15, 2012

jivjov posted:

I plan to watch and review, in hybrid-chronological order, every film directed by Akira Kurosawa and Hayao Miyazaki. I'm also going to toss in every other Studio Ghibli film as well, partially to pad out my viewing to avoid Kurosawa-burnout, partially because my wife loves cute, heartwarming films and is upset that I've not watched any of them before. There will also be a small selection of super secret bonus reviews (including a handful of 1970s comic issues) included as well.

jivjov posted:

cute, heartwarming films

Yeah... You should watch out for Grave of the Fireflies. Cause if you walk into that one thinking it'll be a cute kids movie, it will destroy your soul.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thundersword238
Oct 15, 2012

Oh no, it's a great movie. It's just a sad movie. A very sad movie. But I am looking forward to this a lot, it seems like this will be a really cool and interesting thread!