Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
I made a somewhat popular mod tor Men of War series, the latest being in MowAss2 workshop under "realism hardcore".

I just made the ranges realistic for the guns and firearms and it did change the game a lot, especially with the ai returning fire at far far ranges. I'll most likely start work on it again for CtA as soon as there is some actual content to mod.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
My mod suffered from map design in MowAss2. In single player, you get lit as soon as you spawned. In multiplayer, there were firing lanes from one side of the map to the other.

Artillery was also deadly with it, forcing people to keep moving and my sturm tiger could level two city blocks from 1500 meters away.
Ultimately it spoiled me to not really like vanilla anymore. Having tanks say no-no when trying to fire at a target at the end of a street is just frustrating.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
This is it.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
This game is getting considerably better as we speak. The new patches are pretty good, and the new direct control mode has thermal cams, and looks like an actual tank sight now. I can recommend the game, lots of fun in coop, too. And a lot of new coop missions!
The OP is very out of date, we got M1 tanks, T80s, ICVs, IFVs, all kinds of poo poo nowadays. I think there's like 10 coop missions.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
That's awesome. So what's the catch?

• Locked thread