Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
via
Dec 14, 2013
I passed out at a party once in college to find a strange dude going down on me. It didn't occur to me to do anything other than never speak of it again. He actually did end up getting kicked out of the house and then the university for pulling this poo poo one too many times. But I wasn't really able or equipped to put the incident into the proper framework. As far as I was concerned, I was guilty of getting blind drunk at a stranger's house.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Rape is bad IMO.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Arglebargle III posted:

Rape is bad IMO.

Woah, hey, don't kinkshame dude.

thewireguy
Jul 2, 2013
Are you taking jail or altar boy stuff, or a woman raping a man?

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

The Shortest Path posted:

Woah, hey, don't kinkshame dude.

You're bad too.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

trapped mouse posted:

I happened to get struck by lightning twice.

I've been hit by lightning one myself - I genuinely thought that I was going to die. I've heard that saying "You're more likely to be hit by lightning twice in your life than to win the lottery." That may or may not be true but, having been hit by lightning once, I'd much rather have the lolly.

I've known in my lifetime so far two straight men who were raped, but no women. This is just anecdotal and is no doubt largely due to being a man who has mostly male friends and probably female friends not mentioning it, for obvious reasons. One of the men was anally raped in his early teens by a much older man. The other was a chap I knew at uni, and it obviously really hosed him up. The fact that he shared the experience with me I consider to be an honour, because it was obviously very hard for him and a sign of trust that he told me about it.

This second guy "ran afoul" of a woman who most men would probably gladly go to bed with at the drop of a hat, and I got the impression that she... aggressed against him because she didn't like being turned down and took it personally - I honestly think that she could not understand that someone who was single and straight wouldn't want to gently caress her. After all, this guy was unattached, not gay, and she was hot... why WOULDN'T he sleep with her? (this is sarcasm). I can scarcely imagine that any woman would do that, but that's as may be. Apparently his roommates were having a house party and this girl had been trying to hook up with him all night, but he wasn't into it. He was moderately intoxicated and went to his room around midnight to try and get some sleep despite the noise of the party and apparently forgot to lock his door. While he was in a drunken snooze, she tied his hands to the bedpost and then woke him up. He kept telling her to untie him and that he wasn't into it, and according to him she said, and I quote "You'll change your mind once you are inside me" and apparently reassured him that she was on hormonal birth control. He still had his legs free and he tried to push her away a few times, but she kept up and he was afraid to properly kick her because any bruise or harm to her would make him look like either violently aggressive or possibly a rapist himself. Eventually he gave up, she felated him until he naturally got hard in spite of himself and then she mounted him and rode him until he climaxed. She then "kissed him goodbye", which he said was insult to injury, untied him and left. It was loud in the house and everyone was downstairs, so his shouting at her to untie him and leave were not even heard. Apparently one or two people who popped upstairs did hear, but all they heard was after he gave up and they assumed that it was just the normal sounds of passion. He spent the rest of the night staring at the ceiling and trying not to cry. He didn't tell anyone for years and never sought professional help

Long-term, it hosed him up badly and he didn't date, much less have sex, for years afterwards and his first intimate relationship was a disaster because he had erectile dysfunction, despite being a fit man in his 20s, and would have panic attacks if his girlfriend tried to get on top during intercourse. I guess the "moral" of all this is that forcing yourself on someone is pure wrong, period. Men may do it 20 or 50 or 100 times more than women, but it's an abomination in any case and everyone who suffers this horror deserves care and compassion. I am aware that MRAs are contemptible professional misogynists and twist things to their foul agenda, but we also have to accept that, sometimes, absolutely anyone can be discriminated against and that just maybe men can be "anti-slut shamed" into not talking about forced penetrative intercourse with a woman because either nobody can believe that that would happen, nobody can understand why he wouldn't freely have sex with her, or they will be figuratively immasculated for admitting it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wiregrind
Jun 26, 2013

JustJeff88 posted:

I am aware that MRAs are contemptible professional misogynists and twist things to their foul agenda, but we also have to accept that, sometimes, absolutely anyone can be discriminated against and that just maybe men can be "anti-slut shamed" into not talking about forced penetrative intercourse with a woman because either nobody can believe that that would happen, nobody can understand why he wouldn't freely have sex with her, or they will be figuratively immasculated for admitting it.
MRAs feed from the the gap they percieve in feminism that anything male-related is only defined by negatives like "men shouldn't" or "this is trivial and mustn't be talked about."
Of course MRAs don't actually get anything they're saying right; they are ignorant of actual feminist works, and dedicate all their time to regurgitate the strawman anti-feminist bullshit that some youtuber they found posts. Most MRAs are confused whether they defend or protest against the patriarchy, what they are told however is that "feminism is undoubtedly bad."
Unless (public?) feminist discussion about male victims takes place, misogynists will feel free to grab actual victims and tell them "see? feminism hates you. I'm the one who cares" and hold them up to their followers as "proof" that feminism is bad because it fails to address them/hates them/etc.

Calling MRAs out won't really make them stop if the root from where they hang on to hate women and convince others to do the same is left ignored or not discussed.

• Locked thread