Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Remember kids: Evaluate your life choices leading up to the rape. If better choices on your part might have avoided it, you don't need to feel harmed and it wasn't rape. Rape retroactively prevented!

(chorus) "Thanks Captain Rape Prevention!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

The other person may have assaulted you, but you made it rape by not getting over it

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Sort of like how telling someone not to care about their family getting brutally murdered is protection from murder. Justice is served!

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

OwlFancier posted:

Rather more like approaching someone whose response to the loss of a family member is "well they're in a better place now" and telling them they're a loving idiot because heaven isn't real and their family are DEAD AND GONE FOREVER AND YOU'D BETTER loving SUFFER ABOUT IT.

Whether it is rational or not is secondary to whether it is helpful. If it shields you from experiencing the full horror of your situation then I encourage you to believe it.

You are projecting pretty hard, man. No one is going around ordering people to feel worse about getting raped just cuz.

But everything in society is constantly belittling people who were raped and telling them they must have done something to deserve it, and that if only they were more careful they wouldn't be raped...and additionally telling men that their normal human emotions of violation and hurt after being victimized are unmanly and the pain is self-inflicted by them being such whiners; so you know maybe stop contributing to that?

OwlFancier posted:

Ideally people wouldn't do crimes but I still lock my door on the basis that possibly people might not be deterred by my principled approach of not locking it. If someone breaks into your house because you left the door unlocked that doesn't make it your fault, you don't ask to be burgled, but your chances of it happening again can be reduced if you start locking your door?

You know those signs in parking lots telling you to lock your doors and keep valuables out of sight?

Okay now notice how they don't appear on police report forms for theft saying "well if you had been more careful this wouldn't have happened"

VitalSigns fucked around with this message at 10:38 on Sep 3, 2015

• Locked thread