Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

OwlFancier posted:

I was waiting for you to say that.

The fault lies with the person committing the assault, however both parties in this instance possess sufficient agency to prevent it happening again. It does not have to be your fault for you to do something about it.

You are, of course, free not to, but personally I prefer to avoid unpleasant things happening to me more than I like to be absolutely defiant all the time. If you disagree, again, you are free to choose otherwise. But if part of what makes the situation unpleasant is the loss of one's agency, then giving, or showing people that they already possess enough agency to significantly affect their chances of having to endure the same situation again, seems like a good thing? Moreso than telling them they can't do anything because otherwise you're blaming them.

I can't undo your past, I can't give you justice for what happened, but I can illustrate that you are powerful enough, with the knowledge you now possess, to effect significant control over whether you repeat the experience. Perhaps that will allow you to feel more confident in future situations?

nothing woulda happened if all them bitches didn't dress so slutty, not sayin, just sayin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

as a True Progressive Feminist Thinker I'm here to tell you that it's sort of your fault for getting drunk ever, and also if you didn't fight off your rapist or scream loud enough for anyone to hear you it mighta technically by the books been "rape" but we all know it wasn't a real rape, let's be honest here. bodies have a way of shutting that whole thing down

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Imagine if we could just get the tactical wisdom of D&D posters out to all rape victims. We could have a word where nobody gets themselves raped again, so simply. I'll set up the Kickstarter

• Locked thread