Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
Also of note is how common place it is for other men to flat out joke about male rape to begin with. Including male rape in which a woman was the rapist.

But we can't let facts get in the way of the MRA brigade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

ToxicSlurpee posted:

One of the issues is there is an assumption that women can't rape men. It's viewed as literally impossible because it's often assumed that every straight man just wants to have as much sex as possible and will literally loving anything willing. Even if it's a case of "I was extremely drunk, passing out really, and this woman climbed in to bed and had sex with me" a common argument is "hey you should just be happy you got laid, dude!" Well...no. "Incapable of giving consent" isn't negotiable. If somebody is too drunk to give consent and you have sex with them it's rape. The genders don't matter and he should not just "be happy he got laid."

This is correct. But again, it is mostly men I see perpetuating this sort of thing, not women. So it is kind of revealing how male rape is almost always framed in away that insinuates that it is women who are in some way victimizing male victims of rape when the same male behavior that can make life hell for a female victim is what is making life miserable for male ones!

It always comes back to "where is the support and out cry for male victims?!" But they don't realize that the answer is "I don't know where it is, it would seem that many men aren't very interested in talking about male rape victims for some reason and even more men find male rape funny."

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Bizarro Watt posted:

Knowing MRA types, telling one this would probably just cause him to go "Actually, the only people I've heard make fun of male rape were almost universally feminists." Making poo poo up to bolster their own beliefs is what they're good at.

True. That's when you show them the Front Page of the NY Post where they made a pun about implied eventual prison rape of Jared Fogle.

Seriously, I would love someone with time and resources to compile a list prison rape, and male rape jokes in popular media. Even better if it could be compared to the number of female rape jokes. Because I am pretty sure that the rape or otherwise sexual assault of men, including the statutory rape of boys, is a VERY common place joke in our society, and it isn't Oprah and Ellen that are telling it.

• Locked thread