Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Pantsuit posted:

Sorry, I don't believe that this actually happens.

If getting a woman so drunk she can't consent to sex is rape (and it is, without question), then doing the same thing to a man is also rape, whether you are a man or a woman. Gender does not affect one's lack of ability to consent when intoxicated. Nor does the ability of a man to get an erection count as any form of consent (another dangerous myth that makes boys and men who have been sexually abused or raped think maybe it wasn't actually abuse/rape).

It's my opinion that rape is bad no matter what gender is doing the raping, and what gender is being raped, and we should help victims and punish rapists. Also:

Shbobdb posted:

It's almost like the challenges faced by male survivors can be best addressed by smashing the patriarchy.

It's also worth noting that we shouldn't, and don't really have to, take resources away from helping female victims of rape in order to also help male victims of rape.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread