Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"
I use to mess around with them when I was young and into 'ghost hunting' and other goofiness. One of the first things my group of friends discovered was that the board would only react when certain people were using it. For instance, who we will call Jeff and I could never get any response using the board. Jeff's girlfriend, Angela and I always got results, and usually the best.

We frequently got the same 'spirit' to talk to us. Many answers we received most certainly was us unconsciously moving the planchette. Things like 'what color shirt am I wearing?', and of course the correct answer being received . A couple weird things happened though. The first weird thing was that the 'board' spelled "c-a-l-l-i-n-g". We were talking amongst ourselves trying to figure out what that meant when it started spelling "a-m-y", as soon as the planchette hit Y the phone rang and it was Angela's friend Amy.

The next memorable session occured on the 4th of July and was one in which we were asking the spirit to prove he was real (a common request we had, usually asking 'it' to move something , make noise,etc) . The board spelled 'o-k' and began counting down. Angela started kind of freaking at this, as she said she had read the board counting down was a bad thing. I told her to stick with it, and soon as it reached '0' the fireworks started a few miles away in the city park.

Not particularly spectacular events, but they were creepy as hell as kids messing with a taboo-demon board.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

What is a spirit box, and could you share your good results with it?

Are you using the Ouija alone? It won't work (see Sinnlos' post). Actually, it might work in the same way automatic writing 'works' (through self hypnosis).

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

Digital-Smoke posted:

a spirit box is typically a radio that has had the scan button rigged so it continuously sweeps threw the channels. occasionally a word or phrase will come through. it is said spirits can manipulate it to speak. I use a few on my cell phone which works really well. it's convenient and I almost all ways have it on me. I'll post a few stories when I get home.

Did you ever make it home, OP? :ohdear:

You, or someone that has a board, should do another ' I will ask my ouija questions' thread. The last one was entertaining : http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3046240

• Locked thread