Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You're.... you're not going to play this 300+ times yeah? I don't think that would be good for anyone's mental health.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

This is 100% endings, not 100% paths. Besides, someone posted a list of the path names and there's no other point to it than that.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

the "paths" apparently consist of just 300~ ways of going through the same 20~ stages. If you aren't a masochist, just going to every stage should be enough for a 100% run. But then, you're playing Shadow the Hedgehog, so

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

The game does reward you for getting an A rank on every mission in every stage. Not that the reward is worth the ordeal, but that is the absolute maximum that should be considered for a 100% run you sick freak.

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

Turtlicious posted:

You're.... you're not going to play this 300+ times yeah?

please let my friend jordan rest

Tyty
Feb 20, 2012

Night-vision Goggles Equipped!

alcharagia posted:

Properly-prepared Crush 40 buttrock is an important aspect of Sonic the Heghod appreciation and that includes Sonic youth, the true theme song to Sonic Generations.

I have a feeling it was actually supposed to be. If you play it over the final boss the low-pass cuts out right when you gain control in the fight.

Because that's really the only context that song would actually make sense in.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Tyty posted:

I have a feeling it was actually supposed to be. If you play it over the final boss the low-pass cuts out right when you gain control in the fight.
I hear that also works if you play it over The Wizard of Oz.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔

alcharagia posted:

he survives though so that the pre-gun fortress cutscenes can make sense

alcharagia posted:

make sense
sure

Nihilarian posted:

the "paths" apparently consist of just 300~ ways of going through the same 20~ stages. If you aren't a masochist, just going to every stage should be enough for a 100% run. But then, you're playing Shadow the Hedgehog, so
326 times Westopolis, 2/3 of which spent killing every enemy of a certain fraction, to get "Seduced By Taste of Blood", "The Nightmare’s Insulation" AND "The Nightmare's Sublimation" as well as a feeeew more nonsensical titles :allears:.

Augus posted:

The game does reward you for getting an A rank on every mission in every stage. Not that the reward is worth the ordeal, but that is the absolute maximum that should be considered for a 100% run you sick freak.
What is it, a new weapon in the Shadow crate spawnpool (that sucks)?

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Simply Simon posted:

The Nightmare’s Insulation
Hey, you need seven chaos emeralds to buy tape in that hosed up world.

"Gone With the Darkness" - Frankly, dear, THIS IS WHO I AM

"Realization While On Board" - KEVIN!

"Answer from the Black Comet" - *Laibach's Message from the Black Star starts playing*

Don't miss the "Dark Soldier", " Road of the Dark Soldier", "Darkness’ Strongest Soldier" and "Birth of the Dark Soldier" saga.

And the "The Doctor’s Lie" and "Revenge Upon the Doctor" dilogy.

The original trilogy: "The Day That Hope Died", "A New Empire’s Beginning", "Justice Reborn in Space"

"Together With Maria...", "Maria’s Testament", "Isolation and Solitude" - the story of :pedo:

"At Least, Be Like Shadow..." - Who let a sitcom in here?

"For Love’s Sake" - SA non-member autocensor strikes again.

"Dr. Eggman’s Miscalculation" - gently caress! I needed six eggs, this sponge cake is ruined!

"God of War" - Shadow is Sonic who killed his wife and got her ashes all over him.

Shadow is not a happy drunk: "Journey to Nihility", "Pretense in the Mirror", "Bullets from Tears", "Shouting at the Morning Sun", "Sleeping on Hallowed Ground"

To Be Known as ‘Ultimate’ - :airquote:Sure:airquote:

Were these names originally English or Japanese? I could imagine a lot of that crap produced from several kanji symbols rearranged procedurally.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

what, i didn't say it was good sense

quote:

no, it's a marginally better version of the game

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
that's not a joke

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

SelenicMartian posted:

Were these names originally English or Japanese? I could imagine a lot of that crap produced from several kanji symbols rearranged procedurally.
That wouldn't really work. Without any verb endings or particles the results would basically be nonsense. To get 326 that were usable, you'd have to generate thousands and thousands of them and cherry-pick the few that were any good.

Anyway, as you can see here, that's not what they did at all. As horrifying as it is to think about, there's no doubt that an actual human sat down and wrote every single one of them. Twice.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

FractalSandwich posted:

That wouldn't really work. Without any verb endings or particles the results would basically be nonsense. To get 326 that were usable, you'd have to generate thousands and thousands of them and cherry-pick the few that were any good.

Anyway, as you can see here, that's not what they did at all. As horrifying as it is to think about, there's no doubt that an actual human sat down and wrote every single one of them. Twice.

Whoever came up with those names probably had a sonic 3d blast

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
Personally, I consider them one of my Sonic heroes.

Glaive17
Oct 11, 2012

What is there left to discover about donuts...?
Pillbug
Truly the greatest feat of the Sonic Generation.

Lemma
Aug 18, 2010

SelenicMartian posted:

Hey, you need seven chaos emeralds to buy tape in that hosed up world.

"Gone With the Darkness" - Frankly, dear, THIS IS WHO I AM

"Realization While On Board" - KEVIN!

"Answer from the Black Comet" - *Laibach's Message from the Black Star starts playing*

Don't miss the "Dark Soldier", " Road of the Dark Soldier", "Darkness’ Strongest Soldier" and "Birth of the Dark Soldier" saga.

And the "The Doctor’s Lie" and "Revenge Upon the Doctor" dilogy.

The original trilogy: "The Day That Hope Died", "A New Empire’s Beginning", "Justice Reborn in Space"

"Together With Maria...", "Maria’s Testament", "Isolation and Solitude" - the story of :pedo:

"At Least, Be Like Shadow..." - Who let a sitcom in here?

"For Love’s Sake" - SA non-member autocensor strikes again.

"Dr. Eggman’s Miscalculation" - gently caress! I needed six eggs, this sponge cake is ruined!

"God of War" - Shadow is Sonic who killed his wife and got her ashes all over him.

Shadow is not a happy drunk: "Journey to Nihility", "Pretense in the Mirror", "Bullets from Tears", "Shouting at the Morning Sun", "Sleeping on Hallowed Ground"

To Be Known as ‘Ultimate’ - :airquote:Sure:airquote:

Yep.... wow. To my unending amazement, each of those titles seems to be real. How many hours of title-making could have been spent making the controls work? Well, I guess it's not a total loss; today I learned that "nihility" is a word.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Simply Simon posted:

No.
It unlocks hard mode. Seriously.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

At least some one invested time and effort.

The ones about Shadow drinking are my favourites.

GirlCalledBob
Jul 17, 2013

Don't forget the Machine names!

'For Machine, By Machine...'
'A Machine Made for War'
'Machine Paradise'
The completely different from Machine Paradise 'Machine Utopia',
'Machine Sunshine'
'Machine Boys'
'Path to the Machine Empire'
'Machine Soldier Uprising'
'The Machines' Coup d'Etat' (which is somehow different from an uprising because it's in french)
'Machine World' (presumably neither a paradise nor a utopia, kind of a poo poo world),
'The Machine-Laden Kingdom' (not to be confused with the machine empire)
'Machine Kingdom at Dawn'
'Dawn of the Machines'
'Rise of the Machine Kingdom'
'Machine Empire'

And my absolute favourite:

'Machine Machine'

With the exception of a few slightly weirder ones we just have like fifteen variations on the words 'Machine' and 'Kingdom'. It's fantastic.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

GirlCalledBob posted:

Don't forget the Machine names!

'For Machine, By Machine...'
'A Machine Made for War'
'Machine Paradise'
The completely different from Machine Paradise 'Machine Utopia',
'Machine Sunshine'
'Machine Boys'
'Path to the Machine Empire'
'Machine Soldier Uprising'
'The Machines' Coup d'Etat' (which is somehow different from an uprising because it's in french)
'Machine World' (presumably neither a paradise nor a utopia, kind of a poo poo world),
'The Machine-Laden Kingdom' (not to be confused with the machine empire)
'Machine Kingdom at Dawn'
'Dawn of the Machines'
'Rise of the Machine Kingdom'
'Machine Empire'

And my absolute favourite:

'Machine Machine'

With the exception of a few slightly weirder ones we just have like fifteen variations on the words 'Machine' and 'Kingdom'. It's fantastic.

Check out the rockin' playlist for the new album from Shadow And The Machines, in stores this holiday season!

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

:siren: Update Time! :siren:

On today's episode of Shadow the Hedgy we're going to make our way through the final story path: Semi-Good. After all this time and effort, we finally get a reward in the form of a story arc (or story ARK, if you will) that actually makes sense and has a proper conclusion. Was it all worth it in the end?

Well no, but at least we got something out of it! :unsmith:

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

"I should never have been created!" *screen fades to black* *gunshots*

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Nihilarian posted:

"I should never have been created!" *screen fades to black* *gunshots*

Shadow karate chops himself.

Fenns
Mar 18, 2015

[INSERT TEXT HERE]
I looked all over Deviant Art and I couldn't find a single "Detroit the Hedgehog" so hopefully David Cage got that copyrighted or something.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Here we go buddy here we go here we go here we go buddy here we go.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
burn to the burn to the burn to the ground

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

You let Sonic beat you to the emerald, he rubs it in your face, and then at the end you have it anyway. :toot:

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I like that in what appears to be the canonical storyline (or at least the only one that leads to the final story), Shadow's best friend Vector the Crocodile is there with him when he finds out the terrible truth of his past.

This game rocks.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I like that in what appears to be the canonical storyline (or at least the only one that leads to the final story), Shadow's best friend Vector the Crocodile is there with him when he finds out the terrible truth of his past.

This game rocks.

Once you've gotten all ten endings, the Last Story unlocks. It doesn't actually matter which one you get last. In fact, none of the game's endings lead into the Last Story! :v:

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
I gotta ask, where those gunshot effects at the end there in the game itself or were they added in? Because either way. :allears:

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

ManlyGrunting posted:

I gotta ask, where those gunshot effects at the end there in the game itself or were they added in? Because either way. :allears:

every time you select something in the menu it plays a gunshot, its the dumbest loving thing and i love it so much

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

ManlyGrunting posted:

Shadow the Hedgehog doesn't get "edited." This is raw, uncut ultimate life form.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

FutureFriend posted:

every time you select something in the menu it plays a gunshot, its the dumbest loving thing and i love it so much

and the sound it makes when you tab between menu options is cocking the gun

they went all out with this poo poo

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Happy days...

sagacious
Oct 29, 2012

SelenicMartian posted:

Happy days...

There needs to be a disco beat included with those gifs.

ChorpSaway
Oct 9, 2012

SelenicMartian posted:

Happy days...

sagacious posted:

There needs to be a disco beat included with those gifs.

I've got you covered!

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

OCH
One Chop Hedgehog

sagacious
Oct 29, 2012

That's the best. Thank you for that man.
Also here i Shadow the Watch_Hog (sorry for that)

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Sadly lacking in general heterochromia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

sagacious posted:

That's the best. Thank you for that man.
Also here i Shadow the Watch_Hog (sorry for that)

Thankfully in the one route you don't karate chop Eggman, you at least get to karate chop Eggman's computer.

• Locked thread