Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

am I the only one who read this as SPACE GROGET

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

YF-23 posted:

You let Sonic beat you to the emerald, he rubs it in your face, and then at the end you have it anyway. :toot:

'cuz that's what friends do.

Simsmagic posted:

Nope, I see it too! :gonk:

Mr. Soop
Feb 18, 2011

Bonsai Guy
Maybe Eggman's internet boss fight quote was his version of "Ah-ah-ah! You didn't say the magic word!".

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Simsmagic posted:

I'm struggling not to see it as that

sagacious
Oct 29, 2012

Simsmagic posted:

Yeah it's pretty hard to not see that.

Squarely Circle
Jul 28, 2010

things worsen and worsen
I was watching the video from about twelve feet away thinking "what the hell is a groget" :cripes:

weirdly, I find it's much more obvious as 'gadget' in the thumbnail.

Keldoclock
Jan 5, 2014

by zen death robot
https://soundcloud.com/djsonicfreak/vector-the-crocodile-rap-beat-find-the-computer-room-dj-sonicfreak

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

"Hmm, alright. So in this ending, Shadow faces off against the main villain of the game in a dramatic climax, learns the truth of his past, and then afterwards is depressed at the futility of his own existence. Which partner should we have backing him up at this point and trying to console him?"
"I know! How about the giant cartoon alligator that wears headphones?"
"Excellent. Put that poo poo in! Make it canon!"

Also, I like how "THIS IS WHO I AM" is still in all caps in the subtitles even when Shadow is saying it dejectedly

Augus fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Nov 11, 2015

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7Q0_DgXHG0

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

I liked that the sadbrains Shadow was actually slightly different in his delivery of "THIS IS WHO I AM". I feel a little bad for the guy. I hope he wrote about it on his livejournal.

ElTipejoLoco
Feb 27, 2013

Let me fix your avisynth scripts! It'll only take me a couple horus.
Shadow the Hedgehog strikes me more of a MySpace and Xanga user. The former so he can force people to listen to his music, and the latter because... uh...

I don't remember why people chose to use Xanga anymore unless they were banned from LiveJournal. I think it was darker and edgier?

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

:siren: Update Time! :siren:

There's no turning back now; it's time for the final episode! We're going to make our way through the black comet (again...) and deal with Black Doom once and for all. Make sure to also check out the second video for some primo bonus content. 👌

And with that, the LP has come to an end. Thanks for watching everybody! If you're going to take anything away from this LP, let it be this: If you think Shadow the Hedgehog and/or Crush 40 are good, that's fine by me.

Please don't send me hatemail.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
Transcendentalism

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

326 lovely Bands.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

It's not Crush 40 but I do kind of like the neutral ending soundtrack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQG1wf8k_8A

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
WHOA WOW, WHOA WOW, OH YEAH!

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.

JordanKai posted:

And with that, the LP has come to an end. Thanks for watching everybody! If you're going to take anything away from this LP, let it be this: If you think Shadow the Hedgehog and/or Crush 40 are good, that's fine by me.

Please don't send me hatemail.

All that stuff is well and good but y'all were poo poo talkin' Cash Cash and that cannot stand.

For real though Sonic Colors is like my guiltiest pleasure in my OST collection.

that ending theme is so good

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.
:guitar: All Hail Shadow :sax:

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

:stare:

Thanks for the LP.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Machine Boys sounds like the group performing the opening for a new Bones anime.

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

Machine Boyz is the new gangtag this forum deserves, imo

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

Is the difference between the PS2 version and the GC version really so big, or was the horrible performance of the PS2 version the broken DVD's fault? Because drat, even in the video you can see the difference.

Lemma
Aug 18, 2010
I went ahead and searched a few of the titles to see if I could figure out exactly where the crazy titles are from, since they don't seem to appear in the game. I found this, which has a delightful surprise if you click ahead 11 pages. (I can't figure out how to link specific pages in Google Books.)

https://books.google.com/books?id=c...epage&q&f=false

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

live and learn is the best crush 40 song and y'all are bad and stupid

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

Simsmagic posted:

live and learn is the best crush 40 song and y'all are bad and stupid

agreed

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy
I was dying laughing at the part where you talked about black doom's eye yelling at you in the final mission and the pie eating contest. Also

tlarn posted:

:guitar: All Hail Shadow :sax:

All Hail Shadow is great.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I'm sorry, Jordan, but Live and Learn actually owns.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

This is my favorite Crush 40 thing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A05YW69pAcI

Van Dine
Apr 17, 2013

This LP's been fun to watch, so congrats on managing to reach the end! Watching has not left me wanting to play the game, I must say.

(My favourite Crush 40 song is Open Your Heart. I say favourite, but it's the only one I like. Edit: Wait, City Escape was by them too? That's not bad.)

Van Dine fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Nov 13, 2015

Kallev
Nov 16, 2014
"Regarding the earlier confusion about how Vector ended up on the ARK, I believe you will find that in the Archie comics, the Worlds Collide story line had the world of Sonic cross over with the world of Mega Man. Presuming that Battle Network is Mega Man canon, Vector could actually enter the Internet via his PET and then upload himself in to the real world at a different location. As well, the missions taking place 'inside' the Internet are actually the main characters Navi's, with some custom appearances to look like their owner".
:goonsay:

True words that left the mouth of someone I reluctantly call a friend.

And everyone who doesn't like City Escape is bad and stupid.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Escape from the City isn't Crush 40, it's Jun Senoue with a different singer.

Komisar
Mar 31, 2008
4:30 to 4:50 of the last video is pretty much the worst video game scene I have ever seen in my life, how did anyone think this was ok?????

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Planeshifter2 posted:

4:30 to 4:50 of the last video is pretty much the worst video game scene I have ever seen in my life, how did anyone think this was ok?????

Budget and time constraints mixed with the fact that a significant portion of players in any game will not see the final bit tends to do a lot to make the quality drop.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Ramos posted:

Budget and time constraints mixed with the fact that a significant portion of players in any game will not see the final bit tends to do a lot to make the quality drop.
Any other game I'd agree but here the quality is pretty consistent throughout.

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015
Glad to see this fell into the edgy teen trope of "No, gently caress you dad!" Wow this game looks super bad in every way, and I am glad even my 10 year old self was able to recognize that this would be garbage from the ground up. I'm so sorry you had to buy another copy of this trash for the sake of the LP, oh and also having to play it.

Tyty
Feb 20, 2012

Night-vision Goggles Equipped!

It's me

I'm the doofus that likes Never Turn Back.

The I Am piano refrain at the beginning will never not be loving hilarious though. For whatever reason they slapped it on all the soundtrack releases of the song

Kneefoil
May 10, 2014
I remember this game's writing being dumb even as a 13-year-old Sonic the Hedgehog fan, but as a person in his early/mid twenties it's even dumber. The gameplay and level design looks just as awful as I remember it, though.

Thanks for the elpee. I wouldn't have had the endurance to relive this game by replaying through it myself.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Thanks for the LP. Now go do Sonic Boom.

I'm kidding go play a game that's actually good.

GirlCalledBob
Jul 17, 2013
I call bullshit, Tails was clearly not in the first scene with the stupid paralyzing gas and all the characters standing around not animating at all. He was absolutely not in that scene, and then apparently he is there in the bit after the level where they're all cheering you on or something, I don't know I wasn't paying attention because I was so outraged that Tails was just suddenly there.

These last cutscenes are just so sloppy and badly put together! No one is animating right, Eggman's face is doing weird things constantly, characters appear without explanation, and then everyone is back on Earth after the comet blows up somehow? Even for this game, this last little extra bit tacked on the end feels super unfinished and lazy, what a note to end on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramengank
Jun 11, 2010

JordanKai posted:

I never wanna play another Sonic game in my goddamn life.

So if a new SHADOW game were to come out can we get an lp of that? :haw:

• Locked thread