Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

mariooncrack posted:

Just curious, about how many of the UZZ32 still exist?

And how many of them are currently in your driveway? :q:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

ShittyPostmakerPro posted:

There have been almost no mods to these units. Someone did release a chip which would translate a few of the menu icons. What you are suggesting would mean gutting the whole unit and adding a modern screen and pc which retains the original controls, right? That would be awesome, but the relatively low number of these cars remaining makes it unlikely that anyone would put in the effort.

It would be great to have a modern system in there which can stream music and videos over 4g, connect to my cell phone via Bluetooth, etc. The current unit runs the heating system, so that would need programming. The entire entertainment system would need to be removed, as a pc can replicate everything except the amplifier.

I think he means to reverse engineer the inputs and outputs of the existing display/interface, and just replace the computer bits with something modern. Still requires probably too much work, considering how few of these are extant.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Yeah I know, that was what I was replying to

Oh, I thought you meant that one would replace the whole display with something modern, instead of interfacing with the legacy display and controls.

Regardless, with almost zero market for such a thing (I bet you're one of, like, three dudes who would go "that's neat, gotta get me one") so I'm sure any embedded engineer with the chops will go off and do something else instead.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

everdave posted:

Get the rx8 you owe us this! But seriously only you can finish a project like that

SPMP, don't you also have a shedworth of active suspension and computers? You could make that RX as nuts as you wanted.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

The seller is putting it in a Pajero, and is frankentransmissioning it with parts from this trans. Sounds like a pretty cool project.

Why's he selling it, then? :v:

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Pomp and Circumcized posted:

1) move the steering rack forward or down, fabricate tie rod ends, mounts, etc. I don't want to do this, because then I could have just fitted a V8.

You know what you need to do.

I know they aren't very good, but didn't you just generate a spare UZ a few days ago, too?

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Pomp and Circumcized posted:

I generated a 2GR-FSE a few days ago, which is much better!

Oh, huh. I didn't know the IS/GS/whatever used a V6 at all; I thought it was UZ V8 or JZ I6. Learn something new every day

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
I hear the LT4 is pretty affordable in crate form for what you get... :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Don Dongington posted:

Do it. It's not like 13bt parts are getting thin on the ground yet. According to my mate the apex seals 'problem' on big boost builds is 'solved' now (his FC has moved on to popping difs and gearboxes now instead).

What's the E85 situation like in the Motherland?

13bt? That's a lot. 4bt is enough bt for anyone! :q:

• Locked thread